Steve Ecke

Bleeding + Zombies

7 posts in this topic

Seems like a nice idea but also seems fairly irrelevant to me. With the abundance of weapons and ammo we have in survival zombies don't pose a thread or annoyance  anyways.

That being said I think its a nice idea and if it doesn't take too much time it should be implemented!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Steve Ecke said:

Hey everyone,

On our last meeting I came up with a idea, which won't be like game changing but I think it would be a nice feature in Survival. But before we even start working on that, we wanted to ask you guys what you think about that and if it's worth to bring in.

The idea is simple, as soon you are "bleeding", the atract radius for zombies will be the double of the noice radius. Why? Because I think zombies are smelling the blood and should go ham on that.

Let me know what you guys think.

Regards,

This is a great idea and if implemented correctly could add a very nice touch to the survival element to the game.

1. I like that it adds another element to the threat of zombies other then worrying about infections. 
    1. Now you really are going to think more on how to attack a location, and if you have the correct supplies.
  2. If you could attribute this with bandages and player movement speed!
    1. While bleeding it would require X bandages to stop / reduce bleeding amount 5%/10%/15%.
      1. Bleeding (if in group) 25%
    2. Bleeding 5% req: 2 bandages, 10% req: 4 bandages, 15% req: 8 bandages
      1. Bleeding 25% req: team member bandages: 10, or player dies
    3. While bleeding player movement is reduced 10%/15%/25% depending on bleeding %.
      1. Player Movement is reduced (if in group) 30%
  3. This would also be a great time to introduce another item to the game of survival crafting to utilize alongside bandages!
    1. Instant Clot - "Chin up, it's going to burn but that bleeding will stop!"
      1. Requires: 10x cloth, 5x plastic, 15x bandages, 2x dx bandages, 1x MRE, 1x Energy Drink
      2. yields 1x Instant Clot
      3. Purpose: Instant Clot stops bleeding applies zombie repellent for emergency situations. 

@Steve Eckethank you for sharing this with us from your meeting as it gives us good insight to things that are being talked about to help move things forward. It is also exciting to know that a forward direction is always being looked at for Infestation NewZ, and I continue to appreciate all of the hard work the team puts into the game for us to enjoy.

Thanks,

Stinefelt 

• Thanks 2
  • Cool 1

3 hours ago, Stinefelt said:

This is a great idea and if implemented correctly could add a very nice touch to the survival element to the game.

1. I like that it adds another element to the threat of zombies other then worrying about infections. 
    1. Now you really are going to think more on how to attack a location, and if you have the correct supplies.
  2. If you could attribute this with bandages and player movement speed!
    1. While bleeding it would require X bandages to stop / reduce bleeding amount 5%/10%/15%.
      1. Bleeding (if in group) 25%
    2. Bleeding 5% req: 2 bandages, 10% req: 4 bandages, 15% req: 8 bandages
      1. Bleeding 25% req: team member bandages: 10, or player dies
    3. While bleeding player movement is reduced 10%/15%/25% depending on bleeding %.
      1. Player Movement is reduced (if in group) 30%
  3. This would also be a great time to introduce another item to the game of survival crafting to utilize alongside bandages!
    1. Instant Clot - "Chin up, it's going to burn but that bleeding will stop!"
      1. Requires: 10x cloth, 5x plastic, 15x bandages, 2x dx bandages, 1x MRE, 1x Energy Drink
      2. yields 1x Instant Clot
      3. Purpose: Instant Clot stops bleeding applies zombie repellent for emergency situations. 

@Steve Eckethank you for sharing this with us from your meeting as it gives us good insight to things that are being talked about to help move things forward. It is also exciting to know that a forward direction is always being looked at for Infestation NewZ, and I continue to appreciate all of the hard work the team puts into the game for us to enjoy.

Thanks,

Stinefelt 

I like this for the most part, however I think that game mechanics shouldn't change based on whether you are in a group or not. 

Also I think the movement penalty is a bit overkill. Double the detection radius and increased bleeding rates + more bandages necessary to stop bleeding are plenty enough punishment imho.

• Thanks 1