Sign in to follow this  
l_miss_sunshine

Remember this?

10 posts in this topic

Just found an old screenshot from the survival server polulation a few months ago.  

server pop from back when i played:  https://imgur.com/a/RqAGkOa

This was before the dev-team impletement this to survival mode :

--> private servers

--> lockboxes 

--> bus stops 

--> increased loot 

--> opened up 3 different maps for a very small community that split the player base even more

--> increased group from 3 players to 5 

Even the US Server 01 allways had like 20-50 people on it. you could find pvp at many places ( mountain crest , campos , clearview , boulder , airport )  miss those days.

I know survival is having a small comeback right now but thats mainly because it gets more and more like open world so some clans come over. at some point there will be no difference anymore. just sayin.

miss the old days but they will never return. 

• Thanks 1

They're jsut so stubborn they fucked up and they don't care. They wil lact like they are "listening to the community"  so yes, they will add you 20 clip of FN handgun, add more food, but they won't fix what the core players are asking for. This is dead

Survival is dead to me.Now it's the same open world but with fewer sniper rifles.Fuck, now weapons and rare backpacks and armor just everywhere.In colorado V1 everywhere lie L85, Night Stalkers, Red, An-94, Honey Badgers etc.And Alice backpacks,IBA,MTV's....OMFG

Arriving on the usual highway, where there are a couple of cars and sand barricades, I found a pair of armor and somewhere 10 assault rifles..Survival?Srsly??

No!!!Why do you need so many loot? Have you ever heard what survival is? There is no game about survival where there is so much loot,but this is also Nevz and everything is possible here...

How much new was added to the survival in the last year?

Almost nothing. Yes, a new map, new crafts, but a little. And in general, the loot balance was only spoiled.

The game adds only the dumb skins, gladiator weapons, new but crooked cars and MORE LOOT !!!

I do not understand why this mode is called survival...I do not believe, but here it is that something will change. I'm even ready for wipe..

They will only wipe survival if it becomes completely dead, that wont happen because clans from open world are switching to survival. For them it's like a refreshing "open world". 

I proposed a new mode called "hardcore survival", but even that won't change their minds because there's not enough people to back me up. We have some old people coming to forums, the rest of the players don't give a damn, they go to discord to trade and that's about it.. sad but that's what we got going on here.

All we can do is wait for the worse so they can do some changes if the game doesn't die by then. 

7 minutes ago, rdk. said:

They will only wipe survival if it becomes completely dead, that wont happen because clans from open world are switching to survival. For them it's like a refreshing "open world". 

I proposed a new mode called "hardcore survival", but even that won't change their minds because there's not enough people to back me up. We have some old people coming to forums, the rest of the players don't give a damn, they go to discord to trade and that's about it.. sad but that's what we got going on here.

All we can do is wait for the worse so they can do some changes if the game doesn't die by then. 

It's sad that everything is so stupid.I loved the survival mode but now he is dead to me personally...

imo a wipe could set that stage we all imagined survival should have been. i miss that old style pvp where you barely scrape by and hope the 3 bullets can down the next guy. i play for the pvp and would welcome a wipe but the looters wont. loot should be scarce. making it a challenge for looters. think of loot as time, the more time it takes to loot the more people play the game. currently im taking a break from the game only b/c its a little boring to find allot of loot all over. when its more beneficial to loot a small town than it is to scavenge the lands for players and rare stuff pvp becomes counterproductive.

Hmm.

I don't know I am really enjoying surivival on the V1 map. It's literally been really fun for me. I am not sure what you guys are upset about. Open world has FAR more loot than survival does. I guess you guy's want them to tone it down a bit? I've yet to find a sniper. Or come up against someone with a sniper. I would be against a loot wipe too. I've worked hard to run my items back and forth building up a supply. That is honestly where the fun is in the game for me 'getting geared' so to speak by stocking up my global. Heck, I only found on rifle silencer so far and I only got it off of a guy I killed. I can only natively find pistol silencers and sniper silencers but no sniper rifles as of yet.

I don't think it is as bad as you guy's are making it out to be. Although I do remember loot being way less than it is now years ago when I played...but gee that was probably when the game was still being called 'The War Z'. Sure the game has it's issues but I am finding it to be very enjoyable.