Sign in to follow this  
rdk.

Vending Machines

9 posts in this topic

I made this suggestion a year ago, but never heard feedback from devs. I'm posting this again because I just saw this picture you posted of the next patch coming out and couldn't stop and wonder why wouldn't they put this in open world for trading.

Vending Machine, you can buy it from marketplace for GC (limited 1 per person), comes with 10 slot, you could buy more slots from marketplace. 

This would change trading forever, in a good way. No more scamming, noisy lobby, etc. 

This could actually work on survival too, and would encourage more people to trade, think about it.

asCMXBa.jpg

Edited by rdk.
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rdk. said:

I made this suggestion a year ago, but never heard feedback from devs. I'm posting this again because I just saw this picture you posted of the next patch coming out and couldn't stop and wonder why wouldn't they put this in open world for trading.

Vending Machine, you can buy it from marketplace for GC (limited 1 per person), comes with 10 slot, you could buy more slots from marketplace. 

This would change trading forever, in a good way. No more scamming, noisy lobby, etc. 

This could actually work on survival too, and would encourage more people to trade, think about it.

asCMXBa.jpg

This is actually a great idea. I have a question:

If this would be an item that players can purchase and then place themselves? How would you see this? Wouldn't the lounge get spammed with this everywhere?

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

4 hours ago, Sven said:

If this would be an item that players can purchase and then place themselves? How would you see this? Wouldn't the lounge get spammed with this everywhere?

I'd like to see an option next to "marketplace" that says "community marketplace" for example. Ppl can trade via the menu, for example people say "hm, I don't want this skin anymore, let's put it in the market for xxx dollars" for example. others can just go in the "community marketplace" tab now and just buy things others have been putting in the market. would get the game more popped since alot of ppl are trading 24/7 literally. this would prevent the 24/7 trading I guess.

:)

• Thanks 1

Can´t we just basically copy the Marketplace or Auction house from all the MMORPGs? Same bidding system as in platforms like ebay

Just like in World of Warcraft, people submit their items, name a starting price and get back the money.

I know when buying ammo or guns, you dont want to do this 1by1, but just like for the crafting materials in WoW you can say "buy the 300 cheapest Mausers with a maximum price of 15k per sniper" and the shop automatically does that.

The Interface might require some work, but the coding does not

6 hours ago, Sven said:

I don't think that would work, perhaps devs can place them in lounge and then when someone buys one, they're automatically given one from there or they can choose whichever they want. 

1 hour ago, GENETICZZ said:

I'd like to see an option next to "marketplace" that says "community marketplace" for example. Ppl can trade via the menu, for example people say "hm, I don't want this skin anymore, let's put it in the market for xxx dollars" for example. others can just go in the "community marketplace" tab now and just buy things others have been putting in the market. would get the game more popped since alot of ppl are trading 24/7 literally. this would prevent the 24/7 trading I guess.

:)

Yeah this would be great. Keep in mind you would only be able to do this with skins that you HAVENT learned yet. But I'm pretty sure that's what you ment.

32 minutes ago, Lauchboy said:

Can´t we just basically copy the Marketplace or Auction house from all the MMORPGs? Same bidding system as in platforms like ebay

Just like in World of Warcraft, people submit their items, name a starting price and get back the money.

I know when buying ammo or guns, you dont want to do this 1by1, but just like for the crafting materials in WoW you can say "buy the 300 cheapest Mausers with a maximum price of 15k per sniper" and the shop automatically does that.

The Interface might require some work, but the coding does not

Yeah pretty much like a huge market where people can add what ever they want. I guess we could work on something really cool here. We can probably implement it in Survival as well at the same time.

Just now, rdk. said:

I don't think that would work, perhaps devs can place them in lounge and then when someone buys one, they're automatically given one from there or they can choose whichever they want. 

Yeah. Or we do the idea the other guys suggested. TBH I like the idea of a placed item vending machine as this is more unique. Let's see what others think!

+1 It would make buying and selling sooo much easier. I would prefer it to happend in main menu, but if not, i guess there could be few vending machines in lounge that everyone could use and nobody would need to buy it or place it.

Edited by Juigeh