Darioxix

Competitive Mode!

26 posts in this topic

Don't know what competitive mode is really,  difficult to gauge on how it will revive the game or not,  but it has been a fantasy for the best part of 2 years now,  at this point it is a unicorn

i'm excited to see the new mode though i can't really PVP due to a lack of a sufficient GPU and the lag caused by the country i'm from (South Africa), i still try regardless and would most likely try competitive mode too.

I don't think so. Looking at the player count statistics the game will last like 3-4 months. The first signal will be taking off one of the regions to reduce the cost of the servers. i think they are looking for the money and Competitive mode would be more like a  cost (potential prizes).I personally think that allowing asians ruined this game. Anyways me and my team playing other games.Take care.....

• Confused 1

yeah you guys been talking about this but never came out in the past year we need this mode to save the game noobs

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think this is the best idea so far with this game... Getting comp released will help the community/game so much it may begin to start to bring this game back alive again with 20 people on almost all servers and pvp day and night not just EU times.

• Thanks 1

First of all, we all agree, that it takes a bit to long. We know that by ourself. We talked already a lot of times in meetings about comp mode and we have tons of great ideas what we wanna bring in.

The stand of my last informations was that we start working into competetive mode after contracts and missions.

Right now we kinda work on a overall-fix patch. I wish I could give you guys more informations.

Competitive mode should be spawn in with nothing,  find stuff and use until you die or leave server then be wiped.   That seems very competitive,  but I assume it will be some kind of PVPish like mode for the few clans that are stacking up on all the better players.    

On 8/31/2018 at 2:10 PM, jewdiciousorange said:

Competitive mode should be spawn in with nothing,  find stuff and use until you die or leave server then be wiped.

This, but then would luck decide if you win. What about everyone gets the same stuff at spawning. Melee,  AR, a sniper, healstuff ...

Good luck collectors, good luck bambies. ^^

• Thanks 1

First of all I would on Fredaikis' behalf apologize for the long wait for competitive. It was added to the UI before we had a deeper insight on the time and infrastructure required to do what we wanted to.

Like Steve pointed out we have a great idea for it but it will take a considerable time finishing. With our small team this means stepping away from everything like crash fixes, optimizations, finishing of other game features etc. for a couple of months while at the end risking to divide our playerbase more (we already have 3 game modes).

Our idea for now is rather to bring more PvP-events into the Open World, like spontaneous Team Deathmatches, bounties etc. alongside with the missions system to bring more grind and fun to the game without changing the original concept too much. Opinions on this are very welcome.

To give you guys an insight on what's going on right now: We're working hard on improving the beginner experience. From my POV the biggest problem with our game is that it lacks enough new players which limits the experience for everyone. We plan to launch our first ever marketing campaign shortly to attract more players and grow the game as we still see a big potential in it. All rumors claiming we are abandoning the game are false, we are working harder than ever on growing New Z.

Finally I would just like to thank you not only for playing but also for being engaged in the game. Our aim is always to focus our resources and energy on things that will bring you as much fun as possible and by taking part in the discussion you help us steer development in the right direction. Feel free to contact me on discord 3lias#9096 if you want to.

Elias

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

5 hours ago, Fannti said:

First of all I would on Fredaikis' behalf apologize for the long wait for competitive. It was added to the UI before we had a deeper insight on the time and infrastructure required to do what we wanted to.

Like Steve pointed out we have a great idea for it but it will take a considerable time finishing. With our small team this means stepping away from everything like crash fixes, optimizations, finishing of other game features etc. for a couple of months while at the end risking to divide our playerbase more (we already have 3 game modes).

Our idea for now is rather to bring more PvP-events into the Open World, like spontaneous Team Deathmatches, bounties etc. alongside with the missions system to bring more grind and fun to the game without changing the original concept too much. Opinions on this are very welcome.

To give you guys an insight on what's going on right now: We're working hard on improving the beginner experience. From my POV the biggest problem with our game is that it lacks enough new players which limits the experience for everyone. We plan to launch our first ever marketing campaign shortly to attract more players and grow the game as we still see a big potential in it. All rumors claiming we are abandoning the game are false, we are working harder than ever on growing New Z.

Finally I would just like to thank you not only for playing but also for being engaged in the game. Our aim is always to focus our resources and energy on things that will bring you as much fun as possible and by taking part in the discussion you help us steer development in the right direction. Feel free to contact me on discord 3lias#9096 if you want to.

Elias

Thank you for the answer.