Sven

DevBlog - Missions & Contracts

35 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Virgon said:

You answer me please? B|

BTW. I hope in event for MISSIONS and CONTRACTS. Kappa

For sure :D

Yo,

I feel like there is more to mission design than just "do this to get that". There should different kinds of missions for different purpose and different players.

There should be a set of (one time) missions with the goal of introducing the game. A range from basics like killing zombies with different weapns, moving arround the map, using commands or game features, inviting players into group or spending this and that amount of time on a certain server.

There also has to be some sort of weekly questset that is totally worth it. It promotes consistent gameplay and can help to motivate players to switch gamemodes. "Kill 10 different players on rocky, find a potato in colorad, kill 5 supers" Those quests can go from basic to grindy and are just at the purpose of keeping players active and entertained

I would also add some quests that result in achievements. Things that require specific tactics or a certain degree of luck like "killing somebody with a nade" or "killing a player with a nailgun from more than 30 meters" Those quests are close to what big shooters like counterstrike or CoD do and can be easily copied to a certain extent.

Those missions are rather trophies for players to hunt and play for and offer depth to the core community

Last I think there should be temporary or event based quests. You can find a contract or a quest-nps randomly pops up like an airdrop. Maybe everybody on the server automatically gets assigned a quest and whoever finishes it first gets the amazing reward. Those quests are limited in time and offer action packed gameplay

You find a contract thats says "Gain at least XY experience during the next 15 minutes" or "loot an item box within 10 minutes" Those quests instantly put you unter pressure and there is a chance of failure, hence the rewards can be bigger. Those contracts might be optional to be bought in the store which offers a great advantage as you can prepare

quest-npcs can have nice possibilities as well. Like an average joe NPC pops up at ridgeway and asks you to keep a certain area free of zombies or to bring him this and that item. people will rush there, pvp and competition happens

global quests are cool as well. It is a race for the reward and people compete for it. "Go and be the first to kill 30 zombies" is a dull quest, but when you have to be faster than the server it can actually be fun. The options are huge with this one and i can see a lot of things working.

"Conquer the campos clan territory" is a good example. In the beginning its first come first serve, but eventually a fight over tha flag breaks out. More and more people join in and in the end its a big fight. The longer the mission runs, the more people try and die, the bigger the rewards could get. I mean that would be an artificial pvp fiesta extravaganza <3

Just a few quick thoughts of mine,

A detailed list is really time consuming 

:D

Lauchi

• Thanks 1

@Sven

Pls make daily quest with Rewards for PvP (not with Zombies), so every have to Login and have to fight each other - more Players and more PvP

For example, City-limited: You must kill 10 Players in Frosty Pines - that makes this city´s/places alive again (at the Moment is only pvp at Nato,Boulder,Campos/Clear)

And for this City-limited quest a reward idea: You know the old City/places Skins from ISS TH? Like Honey Badger Frosty or AR2600 God of Clearvew??? That´s so nice Skins and for example you can get the Honey Badger Frosty Skin then you kill more than 500 People at frosty - thats would be sooooo nice :O

Allows this quest only on Official/Survival Servers and not for private & premium, than it´s harder to boost.

Greeetz Freddy d

Edited by Freddy D
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Virgon said:

Still not answer for this. How now work veteran status? If is setting on according to how long have player account and no by gametime, so it is BAD.

You get Veteran Status with and account which is older than 1 year

3 minutes ago, Virgon said:

What? Thats not fair. If missions and contracts be only for veteran status, so many new player just leave from game or just create account and waiting 1 year without playing. I expect veteran status according to gametime. ?

Missions are not going to be for Veterans only. 

3 hours ago, Freddy D said:

And for this City-limited quest a reward idea: You know the old City/places Skins from ISS TH? Like Honey Badger Frosty or AR2600 God of Clearvew??? That´s so nice Skins and for example you can get the Honey Badger Frosty Skin then you kill more than 500 People at frosty - thats would be sooooo nice :O

I love it.

On 8/31/2018 at 7:36 AM, jao said:

These contracts are for survival mode

-Create a new character and reach Paragon rank
without killing a civilians. - - - Award = Paragon exclusive skin
-Excuse 1000 civilians (shoot a shot but do not kill them)
- - - Award = 100 barricades.
-Kills 1000 consecutive bad guys without killing a civilians. - - -
Award = Sniper
-Kill 30 super zombies without dying. (Only on official servers)  - - -
Award = Heavy Harmor
-Kill 100 super zombies without dying (any server)
- - - Award = Heavy Harmor
-Kill 1000 zombies without dying (Only official servers)
- - - Award = Granades x20
-Kills 50 consecutive survivors to the head
- - - Award = DX x10
-Kill 10 survivors with grenade
- - - Award = Sandbag x10
-Kill 20 survivors without dying.
- - - Award = Katana x5

Also a ranking of completed contracts would be very good and addictive. 
The points would be proportional to the difficulty of each contract.

Great ideas! Good job!

On 9/4/2018 at 12:11 PM, Lauchboy said:

I love it.

Me too.

Guys! Amazing work with all the suggestions! Keep it up!

Patch 2.22 is gonna roll out soon with the first "basis". You'll notice quite easy and simple contracts but this is just a start. Keep up the feedback and we'll aim on adding more and more advanced and cooler missions each patch.

Best Regards,

Sven

After patch 2.22  (which rolled out before last weekend) we have now fully released the missions and contracts system. All feedback is welcome. We will keep working on this awesome feature along the way.