Sign in to follow this  
Freddy D

The Future of NewZ in 2019

20 posts in this topic

Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns for the future and direction of Newz we do appreciate the time and commitment that the community put in to help forge a successful future for Newz.  

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, KOTAZ said:

Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns for the future and direction of Newz we do appreciate the time and commitment that the community put in to help forge a successful future for Newz.  

I know your Team is good with the ISS World devs, they promote your game. Pls get together and make all People happy before it´s too late..

#numbersdontlie

Edited by Freddy D
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Freddy D said:
Dear Sirs,
Today I am concerned about the future of the game.

First, the facts:
- Steamcharts: at the beginning of the steam release, the game had 14,000 players and now 1,400

- Oregon: Unfortunately, this map does not play enough people. And this map should be 4 times as big as now ...

- PvP server: only rocky and hospital are played, the rest is empty

- Survival: it has 1/4 of the playerbase of open world but the players are dissatisfied with the loot (it is a bit less loot than OW, not real survival)

- Battle Royal: 30 players are in a round BR ... (normal BR round in games have 100 people)

- Battlemode: still not released and it can not be released because it separates even more the community

- Macros: heal and shield macro are allowed (many use rapidfire)

What can we do now to revive the game? 90% of the player base are "veteran" players and they will destroy any newcomer who comes on their server with a 360 no scope. (beginner servers do not bring anything, no one can play as fast as people with 2000k hours in 24 hours)

Infestation world has announced a reboot for 2019 on facebook, this post has got 3k likes, more than any post on the newz page. So all players want the normal ISS Back with rar loot and scary moments.
my idea in this case: why do not you and the world dev's get together and give the people out there what they want? With the anticheat from NewZ and the feeling from iss world.

If things go on like this, this game will close its doors at the end of the year. This post should not be a negative review, but a suggestion for major changes, which needs this game NOW.

Write from a Player with more than 3000h in infestation and i still love this game, but i dont like to see the game dying soon....

do not think about today, think about tomorrow. <3 

Greeetz Freddy D

I have echoed this for over a year now,  I have suggested that NewZ will not survive unless it can keep new players and sadly new players don't last long in this game due to balance issues and trying to suit an old fallout toxic player base that have drifted from WarZ to Survival Stories Thailand to Infestation.    

1) gun balance is shocking,  despite multiple calls for addressing this issue it seems to be put far behind on importance unless it is a sniper rifle.  Automatic weapons have insane spread over short ranges which makes them counter productive in domains they should be elite.   For new players they don't have snipers and AR's are normally useless due to to much tanking damage and macros outlasting damage.   The balance is just awful,  to many sniper drops,  I can find like 10 snipers before i find 1 AK 74M.

2) survival should be open world and there should be no GI and loot must be rare,  when you join in as a team you find gear and go fight,  if you leave a server it will save last items to that server only,  when you die you start again with nothing.

3) its a zombie game but zombies are useless,  make them more influential in fights,  they must be hard to kill and can kill a player faster as well.

4) respawns need rework,  when you die you should have a sphere and you can choose to spawn anywhere inside that sphere, minimizing spawn camps and allowing regrouping.

5) macros are rife,  i will be doing a stream soon showing software I got free to use online that lets you program mouse movement to create auto spin macros,  guys are just non stop spinning on the spot landing perfect 360's.   I have been told by geneticz that he uses 400 DPI and 3.2 sensitivity and does spins,  what is this like a whole table length of mouse movement?   Going extreme on DPI makes input glitchy.     there is way to much spin, med, shield macroing going on for sure.  

6) high pingers from regions which have localised servers playing on other servers exploiting tick rate and lag to benefit themselves ie: no reason for thais to be on EU/SA or US servers,  absolutely no reason and should be region locked,  similarly other players cannot join the HK servers unless their latency/packet loss can support stable levels.   250 ping with 100 to 800ms spikes every 2-3 seconds is not stable.

Edited by jewdiciousorange
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, jewdiciousorange said:

I have echoed this for over a year now,  I have suggested that NewZ will not survive unless it can keep new players and sadly new players don't last long in this game due to balance issues and trying to suit an old fallout toxic player base that have drifted from WarZ to Survival Stories Thailand to Infestation.    

1) gun balance is shocking,  despite multiple calls for addressing this issue it seems to be put far behind on importance unless it is a sniper rifle.  Automatic weapons have insane spread over short ranges which makes them counter productive in domains they should be elite.   For new players they don't have snipers and AR's are normally useless due to to much tanking damage and macros outlasting damage.   The balance is just awful,  to many sniper drops,  I can find like 10 snipers before i find 1 AK 74M.

2) survival should be open world and there should be no GI and loot must be rare,  when you join in as a team you find gear and go fight,  if you leave a server it will save last items to that server only,  when you die you start again with nothing.

3) its a zombie game but zombies are useless,  make them more influential in fights,  they must be hard to kill and can kill a player faster as well.

4) respawns need rework,  when you die you should have a sphere and you can choose to spawn anywhere inside that sphere, minimizing spawn camps and allowing regrouping.

5) macros are rife,  i will be doing a stream soon showing software I got free to use online that lets you program mouse movement to create auto spin macros,  guys are just non stop spinning on the spot landing perfect 360's.   I have been told by geneticz that he uses 400 DPI and 3.2 sensitivity and does spins,  what is this like a whole table length of mouse movement?   Going extreme on DPI makes input glitchy.     there is way to much spin, med, shield macroing going on for sure.  

6) high pingers from regions which have localised servers playing on other servers exploiting tick rate and lag to benefit themselves ie: no reason for thais to be on EU/SA or US servers,  absolutely no reason and should be region locked,  similarly other players cannot join the HK servers unless their latency/packet loss can support stable levels.   250 ping with 100 to 800ms spikes every 2-3 seconds is not stable.

I agree all points, but I guess the game can not be saved from extinction, but they can learn from the mistakes of the past for the reboot in 2019 then they do it together

6 hours ago, Freddy D said:
Dear Sirs,
Today I am concerned about the future of the game.

First, the facts:
- Steamcharts: at the beginning of the steam release, the game had 14,000 players and now 1,400

- Oregon: Unfortunately, this map does not play enough people. And this map should be 4 times as big as now ...

- PvP server: only rocky and hospital are played, the rest is empty

- Survival: it has 1/4 of the playerbase of open world but the players are dissatisfied with the loot (it is a bit less loot than OW, not real survival)

- Battle Royal: 30 players are in a round BR ... (normal BR round in games have 100 people)

- Battlemode: still not released and it can not be released because it separates even more the community

- Macros: heal and shield macro are allowed (many use rapidfire)

What can we do now to revive the game? 90% of the player base are "veteran" players and they will destroy any newcomer who comes on their server with a 360 no scope. (beginner servers do not bring anything, no one can play as fast as people with 2000k hours in 24 hours)

Infestation world has announced a reboot for 2019 on facebook, this post has got 3k likes, more than any post on the newz page. So all players want the normal ISS Back with rar loot and scary moments.
my idea in this case: why do not you and the world dev's get together and give the people out there what they want? With the anticheat from NewZ and the feeling from iss world.

If things go on like this, this game will close its doors at the end of the year. This post should not be a negative review, but a suggestion for major changes, which needs this game NOW.

Write from a Player with more than 3000h in infestation and i still love this game, but i dont like to see the game dying soon....

do not think about today, think about tomorrow. <3 

Greeetz Freddy D

Just my opinion....

I've been playing since WarZ  2k12 

Not all players use Steam, yes not 10 k ppl still play the game
Oregon not many ppl like to play this map, only like to play old map which they know 100% all places houses trees e.t.c
Same as Oregon answer
Br don't see a problem
Hope soon battle mode
Macros heal and shield don't give you a special opportunity  ( rapid-fire we ban these players) 
Iss World 3-4-5-6 reboot?  Wipe Wipe Wipe? You can buy this likes  on fb
They can ask about this ( FAC best no joke ) 

11 minutes ago, Egoist said:

Just my opinion....

I've been playing since WarZ  2k12 

Not all players use Steam, yes not 10 k ppl still play the game
Oregon not many ppl like to play this map, only like to play old map which they know 100% all places houses trees e.t.c
Same as Oregon answer
Br don't see a problem
Hope soon battle mode
Macros heal and shield don't give you a special opportunity  ( rapid-fire we ban these players) 
Iss World 3-4-5-6 reboot?  Wipe Wipe Wipe? You can buy this likes  on fb
They can ask about this ( FAC best no joke ) 

I know you from ISS World and you play this game very often. Why you dont play NewZ so often? :) Because World makes more fun right? i see you only one time in NewZ and this was on survival at the beginning, you have a VSS (AT THE BEGINNING) and kill everybody in clearview. Best mod. you have found it right ? :D 

You post in the Xera forum more than here .. and you are mod ... so funny

i know only one ISS world, but okay...(with eu server) :) see your game dying soon xD

nothing against you, but your opinion does not have so much value for me

Edited by Freddy D
  • Haha 1

10  000  players  playing now? doubt it,  the  games  common access  is driven through steam,  e ven the  downloadable  link on the  site is through  steam also the servers  are  far  to  empty  for  10000  players,  I would say  Steam  plus  maybe  500  non steam users such as myself.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Egoist said:

I will  agree to disagree  with you  on this  point

1) med  macroes  deploy meds  and switch  back t o weapons in a  blink of an eye ie: 0.02ms,   doing  manual swaps  will  take  over a second, in a game of milliseconds  that is a  huge advantage  gained  by  removing  human  input.

2) instadeploy sheilds  again same  thing,  i  normally  have  to deploy shield button  twice to  switch then bring  up the  marker then again to  drop it those  macroing it are  dropping  in  like  its  hot.

Anything where  human input is removed is gaining an advantage.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Egoist said:

Macros heal and shield don't give you a special opportunity  

Macros are third party programs designed to give players an advantage over other players.  This is the definition of a cheat.  If they do not give you a "special opportunity" why do you or other players use them??  However, I can accept that shield and med macros are allowed in this game so long as macros like rapid fire are not allowed.  I have to say that I feel less affected by cheaters in this game that any other version of Warz that I have played.  That is why I stay.

Edited by stonewalljack
  • Thanks 1

what  happens when you  put 20-30 high pingers with bad net latency on a  server?  you get  tick rate lag,   eventually  they just  ghost  move and  they are impossible to hit,  you  have seen a video from  FlowZ  showing this.   Region lock russian and asian players to HK and  the  other  players  will come  back,  right  now  keep  it as  is and what is currently  peak playing  time  I have  counted barely over  300 active players on  official/pvp servers.

I can  assure you  10 000  players  are not  playing newz.  from a  clan perspective here used to be 10  players at least a day  at this time to  play,  now  there  is  unlikely  anyone online.    At this  rate christmas would  be a  major achievement.   Sure your  fanboys will stay  but  with Battlefield 5 around the  corner,   fallout  76,  insurgency sandstorm and a  few  other  alpha titles coming,  a  lot  of  players will leave  for good.

• Thanks 1

+1

You have 5/6 months to get your shit together. I've been going on and on about this forever..

Now, you have to be realistic about this game. This engine is old and newz staff doesn't have a "professional" coder or coders to make great changes to it. Like, I see ppl asking to change zombies, they can't do new animations and make them more "aggressive" or so, it's beyond their pay grade. 

What can they do, is balance what is already in the game. Loot, weapons' stats, cars' stats, maps, servers.

Big part of this game's success is the fact that it has a GI, so I don't believe in die and start over again to succeed.

Now these are the problems they have to address, from my point of view:

- Cars. You either make the hit box really small or find a way to counter it real fast. Something like rocket launcher that kills cars but doesn't do damage to ppl, or something similar.

- Ghosting. Get rid of it completely, everytime someone joins a server they spawn outside towns like everybody else.

- Jumping accuracy. Shooting while jumping shouldn't be accurate at all, this only pisses ppl off.

- Survival Mode. Needs a complete revamp. Rarety and balance of loot, guns' stats, better map choice, all of it needs changes. Adding colorado v1 won't make more ppl stick to survival, will only make happy those same groups who fight every day to get on top of the leader's board. Same ppl, different map.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, rdk. said:

+1

You have 5/6 months to get your shit together. I've been going on and on about this forever..

Now, you have to be realistic about this game. This engine is old and newz staff doesn't have a "professional" coder or coders to make great changes to it. Like, I see ppl asking to change zombies, they can't do new animations and make them more "aggressive" or so, it's beyond their pay grade. 

What can they do, is balance what is already in the game. Loot, weapons' stats, cars' stats, maps, servers.

Big part of this game's success is the fact that it has a GI, so I don't believe in die and start over again to succeed.

Now these are the problems they have to address, from my point of view:

- Cars. You either make the hit box really small or find a way to counter it real fast. Something like rocket launcher that kills cars but doesn't do damage to ppl, or something similar.

- Ghosting. Get rid of it completely, everytime someone joins a server they spawn outside towns like everybody else.

- Jumping accuracy. Shooting while jumping shouldn't be accurate at all, this only pisses ppl off.

- Survival Mode. Needs a complete revamp. Rarety and balance of loot, guns' stats, better map choice, all of it needs changes. Adding colorado v1 won't make more ppl stick to survival, will only make happy those same groups who fight every day to get on top of the leader's board. Same ppl, different map.

rdk… on a scale of 1 to 10 I score your comments a 1000. You hit the nail on the head. I have also been bringing up the same old issues over and over but to no avail. I won't go into the whole list, but a few highlights for me are: Cars, Boulder stacks everywhere that weren't there in the beginning. Zombies still clipping through some objects, item physics still not right, and server disconnects.

I also think, knowing they have personal lives, admins, or someone designated by them to be assigned to answering comments on these forums. That is extremely important.

I hope this gets through to the admins because, as you say, the shelf life of this game could very well be 5 to 6 months.

HYPE!! HYPE!! HYPE!! <3

• Thanks 2

Yesterday I wanted to play again a round on the PvP Servers. EU Only Rocky and Hospital (only People with over -700k rep) all other countries are EMPTY.

Then I thought okay, I play a round Battle Royal and the waiting time was over 30 minutes(!!!!!!!!!) until the game started. The game startet with 16 peoples (!!!!) - thats very sad.

The end is near :( 

Last Patch was very bad, every day are less Player online.

So what are the plan for the next patch? Lower Fps again? Or new Quests there i kill some SZ for a Katana which i can buy for 5k in the shop ?

9 minutes ago, Freddy D said:

Last Patch was very bad, every day are less Player online.

So what are the plan for the next patch? Lower Fps again? Or new Quests there i kill some SZ for a Katana which i can buy for 5k in the shop ?

This patch was aimed to fix issues and bring a good solution against players using some kind of new cheats. This new AntiCheat brought few issues that got fixed. The FPS issue should also be fixed since the last hotfix.

Short and easy.

Its the frickin same car, year by year just with a different paintjob.

The only thing i realised that you guys have added to the game are those little Sharks of the SVD Shark Attack, the Wings on all the Gear, the small katana addons and the friends system.

Not speaking of all the bananas which got added.

Edited by isnt