Eviticus

[Suggestion] Rebrand and relaunch survival mode as a separate game

20 posts in this topic

I know this might sound crazy, but I honestly believe that survival is an entirely separate game than open world and should be treated as one.

Imagine being a new player, getting this game on steam and joining open world only to get scoped in the face in the first 10 seconds. This results in those new players immediately quitting and leaving a bad review on the game as a whole without even experiencing survival.

As a veteran of the original game... I just want the original game with the bugs fixed, the cheaters gone, the snipers rare, and an active community. NewZ Survival has primarily fixed a lot of the bugs, made the snipers rare, and doesn't have nearly as much of a problem with cheaters as the original game did. The only thing survival is missing, in my opinion, is a player base.

With that said, in this game's current state, and with the association of Open World, I don't think survival can ever really grow. Since I first played survival on initial launch, the player base has only shrunk.

My suggestion would be to relaunch the survival portion of this game (as a separate game entirely) and make your primary selling point be "the original game without the bullshit".

Infestation: FixedZ

If I'm entirely wrong / my suggestion would never work, feel free to flame away and let me know.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eviticus said:

I know this might sound crazy, but I honestly believe that survival is an entirely separate game than open world and should be treated as one.

Imagine being a new player, getting this game on steam and joining open world only to get scoped in the face in the first 10 seconds. This results in those new players immediately quitting and leaving a bad review on the game as a whole without even experiencing survival.

As a veteran of the original game... I just want the original game with the bugs fixed, the cheaters gone, the snipers rare, and an active community. NewZ Survival has primarily fixed a lot of the bugs, made the snipers rare, and doesn't have nearly as much of a problem with cheaters as the original game did. The only thing survival is missing, in my opinion, is a player base.

With that said, in this game's current state, and with the association of Open World, I don't think survival can ever really grow. Since I first played survival on initial launch, the player base has only shrunk.

My suggestion would be to relaunch the survival portion of this game (as a separate game entirely) and make your primary selling point be "the original game without the bullshit".

Infestation: FixedZ

If I'm entirely wrong / my suggestion would never work, feel free to flame away and let me know.

I like this idea a lot.. We have to protect new players coming into the game and stabalise the existing community. So the hardcore survival mode but I love the Oregon map. It's massive and complex and will hold a large survivor population quite easily

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they make Survival Standalone, they better make loot rarer as it was back in warz, cause survival as it is, it's like playing open world deathmatch ar server without dx's and shields. Everybody has hundreds of high end ar's and gear. It isn't fun.

Edited by rdk.
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RIpper1403 said:

The idea is good and it's worth thinking about...

 

2 hours ago, Whistler said:

I like this idea a lot.. We have to protect new players coming into the game and stabalise the existing community. So the hardcore survival mode but I love the Oregon map. It's massive and complex and will hold a large survivor population quite easily

Thank you for the feedback. I think it's something that the NewZ devs should seriously consider. I have not tried Oregon yet, but It's definitely a breath of fresh air.

I also just want to say that I'm not saying make the original game and never change anything. They can add their own content, that's fine, but Open World is a massive thorn in Survival's potential in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rdk. said:

If they make Survival Standalone, they better make loot rarer as it was back in warz, cause survival as it is, it's like playing open world deathmatch ar server without dx's and shields. Everybody has hundreds of high end ar's and gears. It isn't fun.

I agree. Even ARs should be relatively rare, but not as rare as a sniper find. I remember finding ARs and being stoked. 

I wouldn't even be opposed to having to start over again, even if just to fix the loot - this is likely to be a heated debate for the community though.

NewZ devs should honestly take a look at Old School Runescape and their polling system if this were to become a thing. With that game, everything is polled and the community must decide what goes into the game and what doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An interesting idea, but it would have to be released with Oregon as the main and only map.  Another game with Colorado V2 or V1 would probably not be worth the effort no matter how you dressed it up.  A lot of work has gone into Oregon and it's completely new, so that's my choice.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stonewalljack said:

An interesting idea, but it would have to be released with Oregon as the main and only map.  Another game with Colorado V2 or V1 would probably not be worth the effort no matter how you dressed it up.  A lot of work has gone into Oregon and it's completely new, so that's my choice.

 

And that's totally fine in my opinion. If they want to kind of make it their own, that's no problem for me as long as they meet the basic requirements of rare snipers, no cheaters (or at least as close as possible), most or all bugs fixed, and an active community.

The primary problem I think is that NewZ is immediately seen as open world. I don't know how many people have actually even tried survival because of this. They think SniperZ and ClanZ simulator and don't even bother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completely agree. All of my friends and I really wanted to get back into playing this game. There is just no playerbase anymore. Handful of servers. They handled the cheaters well, and a lot of other things as well as bringing flare and a decent bit of content. However, I feel survival being released separately and rebranded would be very desirable.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tyrantis said:

I completely agree. All of my friends and I really wanted to get back into playing this game. There is just no playerbase anymore. Handful of servers. They handled the cheaters well, and a lot of other things as well as bringing flare and a decent bit of content. However, I feel survival being released separately and rebranded would be very desirable.

+1
Survival need a wipe, a new loot table & then they can promote it. We need more Players. Miss the old times man...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imo a survival stand alone release would be an amazing thing but we cant forget the elephant in the room.  which is all that they have already done with implementing the design and functions of this game and business aspects prohibiting that branch off of a new asset. so in a business perspective it wouldn't be possible b/c its a free to play game. now lets say they did branch off would you be willing to pay for that copy of the stand alone???? (how much $$ people willing to pay?) now think of all the people who had already invested into the survival. would they be willing? also is the economic risk worth it for the company? (time/profit) a small indi game comp. like this is probably better off just wiping the survival loot so everyone starts fresh and promoting that mode more as to get people on board. i think we can all agree that survival needs an overhaul and that it needs to remain unique from OW in is own ways.

they should just wipe and reevaluate what the players REALLY want.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrTurner said:

imo a survival stand alone release would be an amazing thing but we cant forget the elephant in the room.  which is all that they have already done with implementing the design and functions of this game and business aspects prohibiting that branch off of a new asset. so in a business perspective it wouldn't be possible b/c its a free to play game. now lets say they did branch off would you be willing to pay for that copy of the stand alone???? (how much $$ people willing to pay?) now think of all the people who had already invested into the survival. would they be willing? also is the economic risk worth it for the company? (time/profit) a small indi game comp. like this is probably better off just wiping the survival loot so everyone starts fresh and promoting that mode more as to get people on board. i think we can all agree that survival needs an overhaul and that it needs to remain unique from OW in is own ways.

they should just wipe and reevaluate what the players REALLY want.

Yes, as i said before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MrTurner said:

imo a survival stand alone release would be an amazing thing but we cant forget the elephant in the room.  which is all that they have already done with implementing the design and functions of this game and business aspects prohibiting that branch off of a new asset. so in a business perspective it wouldn't be possible b/c its a free to play game. now lets say they did branch off would you be willing to pay for that copy of the stand alone???? (how much $$ people willing to pay?) now think of all the people who had already invested into the survival. would they be willing? also is the economic risk worth it for the company? (time/profit) a small indi game comp. like this is probably better off just wiping the survival loot so everyone starts fresh and promoting that mode more as to get people on board. i think we can all agree that survival needs an overhaul and that it needs to remain unique from OW in is own ways.

they should just wipe and reevaluate what the players REALLY want.

the problems is that there's no way for them to get feedback from all the players.. nobody comes to forums, same old people talking in discord, half don't even speak english..

Unless, they make players fill a survey as they start the game, I think that's the way to go and see what happens.

Infestation World is right around the corner, you better start moving your ass and prove you can make a good game mode or else consider your game dead. There's almost as many players playing on steam as there were when this game was an emulator. 

Edited by rdk.
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@rdk. One of the biggest issues this game faces is the fact that there used to be plenty of players that tried to give feedback. Over 50% of it went unanswered. As you can see by my post counts, I was one of those people. I tried to point out obvious problems with the game like vehicle control issues such as...

Zombie hit radius far too big for the actual reach of their arms

Game crashes for various reasons

Inventory stacking and sorting issues

Loot drops from zombies including super and alien loot. (for example: killing a super and receiving 2 or more helmets that are all too common around the map, the same with armor)

Reducing the amount of ammo for the cross bow thereby removing 80% of the on-hand inventory

Vehicles getting stuck on unnecessary boulder piles and not being able to exit the vehicle so you can retrieve it... instead you had to quit the game and reload wasting up to 15 minutes of gameplay (this is very discouraging to a seasoned, supportive player)

Little or no attention paid to the fact that there are players that do NOT want to get their head shot off in PVP and would just rather play the PVE aspect just to pass time for relaxation.

Submitting support tickets that are either ignored or answered in a very rude manner and closed with no resolution. This, even though admins say to submit a support ticket to address problems.

The use of foul, racist, sexist and at time extremely vulgar language in the text chat in game, in the forums, in character and clan names etc. This is especially bothersome. Regardless of the age, this type of language is extremely disrespectful to ALL players.

Rudely telling players that have issues with ping and fps that their computer is too old and they need to get a new one.

Introducing the new contracts that only benefit the PVP player thereby totally ignoring the PVE player making it impossible for them to acquire the 'coins and special weapon skins' due to the fact that you MUST play PVP to kill other players. IMO these new contracts promote boosting, which, if memory serves me, is considered cheating. All that needs to be done is, get a few friends together, join a private server, and use the indicated weapon and kill each other thereby boosting their rank, standing and skill tree.

 

I was, at one time, a staunch supporter of this game once. I spent hours on end playing. I have spent far too much money trying to gain upgrades. And, I spent hour after hour in this forum trying to point out the issues I have laid out here. I have even tried to address my concerns and present problems to the admins in private messages. This doesn't work because they have that locked out so you cannot message them. This is wrong. They should make the extra effort to allow players to contact them and bring up issues with the game. It's sad really, the game is dying and none of those that can do something about it seem to care.

Personally, I am close to the last of the GC I purchased and, like I said before, when that's used up, I will be gone. Do I hope that the admins will finally pay attention and fix the issues? YES. I did enjoy playing. I have built close to 10 characters to the maximum limits, and had fun doing it. I enjoyed being as helpful as I could during gameplay by answering questions as best I could, offering inventory to those that are new and lost it due to being killed, but that has come to an end. I have stopped helping. I will not talk negatively about the game during my gameplay, just the fact that there are so many issues with the game itself is enough to drive many of the newer players away.

I could go on but this post, like many of my others, will go unnoticed and unanswered by those that have the power to fix the issues. I have also found that addressing them by name does no good. I feel that they have long since put me on the ignore list so they don't have to see what I have to say.

To all of you that have posted in this thread I say, good luck in your future gameplay. I hope it all works out for you.

And, as I always say, Have a Great Day!!! B|

  • Thanks 2
  • Cool 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CampersRUs Yeah true story bro.. I haven't played regularly for over 3 months, since they messed survival up. 

There's nothing else to say really, all we can do is sit and wait for devs to change something. I just don't understand how can they call that survival, at least change the name of the mode to "open world v2" or something, why giving the wrong impression..

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

....

I'm currently playing only BR mode.
I record player playing in group and I get the return on the support that was punished.
I enter the game and the same players mocked me.

The game has a broken economy, no challenges, no other focus than PVP.

I have read numerous proposals for improvement for the game (many of you), and all ignored.

I do not see how the game could improve from that point without a radical change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wipe is not a solution, we didn't spend all this time farming for nothing.

People don't want a game where weapons are too rare either, just makes no sense.

The only way to make this game alive again is to make it PvE and not PvP.

Just fucking remember it already, 2 years ago when they released the Maze in Infestation World. It was the BEST thing they could have done in an ISS game.

For people who never played World, the maze was as it says, a huge maze with lot of zombies in it harder  to kill than the average one, where you had to find the way out for special reward. There was also some zombie boss inside, it was jsut awesome and I'm pretty sure it's not so hard to develop. But these lazy mods just think this game is PvP only which is why it's dying days after days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lost on you I agree with you, game needs much more pve aspects. 

BUT, as everyone has hundreds of each item in the game, besides snipers, the trading economy is completely wrecked. And even if they make loot rarer, players will still have an ininite amount of gear, which is obnoxious. 

We need balanced and fun to farm loot, exciting trading and much more pve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now