Sign in to follow this  
Loadsamoney

What AR's are considered to be the best ones overall?

8 posts in this topic

Tar and G36 are my preferred AR's, Sig would be my next choice, but I really have no idea how AR's perform in comparison to one another in NewZ. I can't seem to use a Forward Grip with the Tar either.

Curious about how SMG's like the MP5 and MP7 perform in PvP too. I don't want to buy any weapon skins until I know which weapons I am going to favor in PvP.

Edited by Loadsamoney

11 minutes ago, best fortnite player said:

play them and stop asking stupid and unnecessary questions

Seriously? Asking what assault rifles are optimal so I know what to use and trade for is a stupid and unnecessary question? 

Jeez man, you were a newbie once too. I'm asking questions so I can learn.

Edited by Loadsamoney
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I did a matrix comparing relative strength in the weapon balance thread. 

In the end it always comes down to what you need. For me Famas is unbeaten short range. It just feels amazing. According to the nhumbers there is others of course.

For long range there are others that shine.  Over all one could argue that (without attachments) TAR and AUG are the strongest over all, but something like a L85 with all 4 attachments outperforms them.

21 minutes ago, Lauchboy said:

I did a matrix comparing relative strength in the weapon balance thread. 

In the end it always comes down to what you need. For me Famas is unbeaten short range. It just feels amazing. According to the nhumbers there is others of course.

For long range there are others that shine.  Over all one could argue that (without attachments) TAR and AUG are the strongest over all, but something like a L85 with all 4 attachments outperforms them.

Could I see that chart?

What's your opinion of the G36, as that one is my personal favorite, using Reflex Sight, Bullet Compensator, and Forward Grip. TAR would be my second choice.

Four attachments? Does Rifle Laser improve gun stats too?

Edited by Loadsamoney
  • Haha 1

I dont have it any more and the forums were reworked so i guess it is lost for ever..

The G36 has two major downsides. The separate amo (without the elite c-mags) and the relatively weak stats. I mean for every stat there is a better stanag-gun version of it. G36 is actually really weak in terms of stats.

I am not sure if those stats are 100% accurate and representative since its NewZ you know ^^ but by the numbers the G36 is low tier

Rifle laser does 5% less pray or something like that ^^

You can check gun and attachement stats ingame btw :P

Edited by Lauchboy

Well, I think what I want to do then, given how many different Stanag weapons there are, is pick one weapon per ammo type to run with, and stock up on that weapon and the appropriate attachments for it. So the L85 is probably going to be my best pick for close and medium range combat, and maybe FN Fal and Mauser SP66 for long-range. All other weapons and ammo I'll trade specifically for these. 

Someone will probably tell me to use a Blaser instead of a Mauser, but I think Mauser is more reliable. It doesn't have as much bullet drop as a Blaser. 

Edited by Loadsamoney

My favorite AR´s:

Short Range : 1. Masada 2. Famas/Honey Badger 3. Qbz

Medium Range : 1. L85 2. Imi-tar 3. Aug

Long Range: 1. Sig Sauer 2. Red Stalker 3. G11/Scar CQC

Submachine Guns are useless, for me the best is the "bizon" (64 Ammo mag)  or the "Evo" (best firerate)  but they make no dmg