Steve Ecke

Discussion about the Rockyford PVP map

23 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

We saw that Rockyford is not that popular anymore. Then I asked some knows hardcore-pvp players and they give me some ideas what I could change to make the map enjoyable again.

So the first plan is, to bring the version back, which player want.

Juifar gave me this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np2mrCLggv8&t=102s

So the points overall which I wanna change are:

1. Remove the 2 buildings next to the parking place
  2. Open the White House
  3. Add back the 2 Red Houses behind the mechanic
  4. Lower the amount of grass
  5. Remove the FOG

The plan overall is to make the player area smaller to create more intense pvp areas.

So what do you guys think, maybe you have a better idea? Let me know in the comments!

• Love 1

1.Spawn protection time is too short with quick revive.  People used to be able to run too the corner house from barricades with spawn protectionin case someone was camping there. now u get shot instantly in the back before you even make it to the dumpster.

2.Gear despawns too fast.

3. Add something to the inside of the church, like a big box in the middle.

The map it self is fine once you fix the respawns so you don't get instantly shotin the back and don't even have enough spawn protection time touse attachments along with loot despawning too fast.

+1 in general

but if i look into detail i also figure out that a lot of players dont enjoy rocky anymore because they would like to replace rocky itself for the old smallville pvp map

(especially the opinion in my clan)

Edited by Twitch djgandalf_

7 minutes ago, Twitch djgandalf_ said:

+1 in general

but if i look into detail i also figure out that a lot of players dont enjoy rocky anymore because they would like to replace rocky itself for the old smallville pvp map

(especially the opinion in my clan)

That is something else. Bringing back Smallville is a different idea which is also possible.

13 minutes ago, alinush224 said:

Add more cars on the road for more cover and push-ups

I will as soon I see more player who wants that.

43 minutes ago, nipples said:

1.Spawn protection time is too short with quick revive.  People used to be able to run too the corner house from barricades with spawn protectionin case someone was camping there. now u get shot instantly in the back before you even make it to the dumpster.

2.Gear despawns too fast.

3. Add something to the inside of the church, like a big box in the middle.

The map it self is fine once you fix the respawns so you don't get instantly shotin the back and don't even have enough spawn protection time touse attachments along with loot despawning too fast.

Thanks for your feedback but half are not up to the map. To point 3, player suggested to remove the church since it didnt exist on the old rockyford map.

I used to play at RockyFord in good old WarZ before it became more popular than Smallville. What if you give a try to experimental version with hills of old Colorado v.1?

People used to assault and take down the campers uphigh and it was huge fun.

42 minutes ago, nightfall said:

just put back the old rocky ford like everybody wanted since 2 months, idk

1. 1 month

2. That feedback does not really help

"bring back this old rocky and i'll marry you" posted june 5, yes its been a long time, huh?

why do you want any feedback when you literally have a map already perfect ? adding new things so get less fps ? no thanks, the last 100 hardcore rocky pvpers told you to bring back the old rocky but you still searching for changing or idk probably you don't have the old rocky anymore so you try to keep the new one and remove things  like the old one

Tbh i don't care about the game too much anymore, but atleast, make smth for players who still play it like idk remove 1 rocky mix and put 1 old rocky(if you still have it) to see what players will like and things players want to change, just a little bit of respect for veteran rocky players.

Edited by nightfall

I liked the ideas, but what about asking some ideas for beginners? they also want to play ford rock and fight these professional ford rock players with their ridiculous super macros, or just the "famous" players have opinions in this game?
Selectivity? sad.

• Thanks 1