Sign in to follow this  
Loadsamoney

How can I better optimize this game and make it load properly?

7 posts in this topic

On Potato settings I average about 25FPS, which is playable if a bit ugly, but that's not the problem. The problem is that, for whatever reason, sometimes the game just refuses to load outright. I'll try to hop into a server, the loading bar will absolutely crawl until about 25%, then stop completely and never budge. Other times it'll fill up all the way, then stop completely and just sit on the loading screen OR boot me back to the character screen, other times I'll get into the server and be booted 30 seconds later because of "unstable internet". 

How can I fix this? How can I ensure that the game will load properly every time I play, and how do I prevent the servers from auto-kicking me because of an unstable connection. I play on Wireless DSL so I have to be able to make it work.

Firstly what we need to look at is what are your pc specs and we can take it from there.

To find out what is your connection problem, you should try out teamspeak while playing. Open your connection info in teamspeak and check if you lose packages. "Unstable Connection" means, you have a high amount of package lost or your ping is not stable (happens in case you have a slow one and your family is watching videos over youtube).

Then when it comes to your FPS, I saw that you run the game with a Dual Core, which is working but you won't get anything good out of it.

The only way to make it better is, to close everything in the back what you don't need and boost the s*** out of your CPU.

Here is also a video made by Sven how to get better performance

Regards,

14 hours ago, Loadsamoney said:

On Potato settings I average about 25FPS, which is playable if a bit ugly, but that's not the problem. The problem is that, for whatever reason, sometimes the game just refuses to load outright. I'll try to hop into a server, the loading bar will absolutely crawl until about 25%, then stop completely and never budge. Other times it'll fill up all the way, then stop completely and just sit on the loading screen OR boot me back to the character screen, other times I'll get into the server and be booted 30 seconds later because of "unstable internet". 

How can I fix this? How can I ensure that the game will load properly every time I play, and how do I prevent the servers from auto-kicking me because of an unstable connection. I play on Wireless DSL so I have to be able to make it work.

What  are  your  PC  specs?   

Radeon HD 5570

AMD Athlon 64 X2

5GB RAM

I've actually found somewhat of a fix for the loading/framerate problems. I forced my game to run in dx9 mode, giving it smoother performance, and whenever I run the game I have Task Manager up in the background, which seems to solve the loading problem for whatever reason. 

Can't do much about bad internet though. Is there any fix to prevent the servers from booting me when my ping craps out?

34 minutes ago, Loadsamoney said:

Radeon HD 5570

AMD Athlon 64 X2

5GB RAM

I've actually found somewhat of a fix for the loading/framerate problems. I forced my game to run in dx9 mode, giving it smoother performance, and whenever I run the game I have Task Manager up in the background, which seems to solve the loading problem for whatever reason. 

Can't do much about bad internet though. Is there any fix to prevent the servers from booting me when my ping craps out?

Okay  it  is  very  old  tech so  you  are going  to have  to make  sacrifices,  I  don't thing  you are  going  to get  massive  boosts  but  you  may get  some tweaks  that could  get  you  into say a 30-40FPS  range.    At  some point  ou  will slowly need to start  upgrading  your system.  I do  understand  that it is a difficult  thing  to do for many  and it takes hard  saving to get  there  but there  are  some  good  cheaper  upgrades  that  you  can  eventually look at,  even if  you  buy  parts  one  at a  time  it  will help you  out  a  lot down t he  line.