Sign in to follow this  
Loadsamoney

Should I play Survival, or Open World?

7 posts in this topic

I am a Veteran of OldZ, ran PvP all the time with Geezers in Arms, but I haven't played much of NewZ. I have a small GI to work with in Open World, but absolutely nothing in Survival, nor do I have a Clan that I can build a first character with or amass a GI with via private server. 

Is it worth playing Survival over Open World if I want to do both PvE and PvP? Are there any clans at the moment willing to take fresh Bambis under their wings. Getting started is the hardest part of this game, and if I'm going to be able to play and enjoy this game, I need a clan that I can make friends with, and one with a private server that I can safely build my first character on before doing group PvP.

First of all, if I were you I wouldn't mention about any warz emulator, that might get you in trouble..

Both Survival and Open World are pvp based modes. Don't let "survival" name fool you, there's little to nothing survival about it.

Survival Mode - Low pop servers with small group clans (with exception of some that role with 5+ ppl), no dx, no shields, no snipers (you'll see snipers from those who role in a 3+ team sometimes). PVE wise, it's fun until you get bored picking up same stuff from same places over and over, but it will take a while until you get sick of it. Overall, if you're seeking old style pvp without snipers and shields, this is the mode for you.

Open World - Total DeathMatch, every server you join every person rolls with a snipers, full geared, with dx's and shields. Not to mention, there's big groups out there (+8 ppl). pvp can be fun, if you're in a clan. Farming rep is kinda fun too, depends if you're fighting us/eu ppl or teleporters from th. PVE wise, loot is pretty much everywhere, ez snipers, ez money, if you choose this mode try to get a private server as it spawns more loot than official and premium servers.

Up to you my friend

I've never played on an emulator. When I say OldZ, I mean Infestation, Survival Stories Classic, the official version of the game that we had before NewZ came out. 

Sounds like Survival is more my cup of tea then. I prefer PvE and looting, and especially prefer that loot having value, like Snipers. I do want to do PvP eventually, but I need to actually build a character before then, get skills and amass a GI that I can support myself with, and to do that I pretty much need a private server to play on where I can grind and loot in peace.

7 minutes ago, Loadsamoney said:

I've never played on an emulator. When I say OldZ, I mean Infestation, Survival Stories Classic, the official version of the game that we had before NewZ came out. 

Sounds like Survival is more my cup of tea then. I prefer PvE and looting, and especially prefer that loot having value, like Snipers. I do want to do PvP eventually, but I need to actually build a character before then, get skills and amass a GI that I can support myself with, and to do that I pretty much need a private server to play on where I can grind and loot in peace.

Well in that case, you might wanna check this thread, can be a bit useful 

everything can be done on official servers both xp and stacking your gi. Unless you have a clan's server, might be a bit better but still, you'll have to hop servers for fast farming.

Good luck.

I don't need fast farming, I just need a server where I don't have to worry about another player murdering me and jacking all of my loot. It has been my experience that, more often than not, I don't die to zombies, or lack of food/water or meds. I die to other players.

Well, I'm trying to get into it, slowly building up a GI of basic gear by farming Smallville and Emerald Camp, but it has been very slow going. I'm barely over 1,000 experience so far from three evenings of farming. 

It'd go better if I could find a clan to roll with, but there don't seem to be any recruiting for Survival mode right now. =(

Edited by Loadsamoney