Sven

Patch 2.20

90 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sven said:

What if we add more safe zones, more vehicles and then only add bus stops to the safe zones like in Colorado?

I think that could achieve the objective.  As it is currently it's really hard to get from A to B.  The highways would be great but they are logjammed with broken cars.  

I just don't want to play the original Everquest where you had to walk 2 hours to get to another part of the map, you know?  They came up with a gate system that made it more fun and playable.  Bus stops or more cars/safe zones could do that here. 

2 hours ago, SuyZ said:

Are there plans to be able to talk to friends while in-game? For example, /w FriendsName Message or a Friends Tab next to the other in-game chat tabs?

Also, zombies are currently no clipping through sand bags, highway dividers, and boxes. Just in case it hasn't be reported it.

Yes. We will keep developing the chat along the way. In the end fully functional of course!

We are aware of the clipping zombies and working on a solution ;) Thanks for pointing it out! :)

2 hours ago, Kiroo said:

so unimportant.. its a PvP Game not elitepartners, date website or something like that. 

We want something new for the pvp,pve , and nothing to chat with Nerds in a game. 

Of course this is important. SuyZ is pointing out an issue here that obviously has to get fixed and the (in development) chat system is one of the many (small features that don't take a lot of time to add) things that we need to bring to the game for beginning players.

2 hours ago, SuyZ said:

Just because you don't play survival mode and only play this as a death match game does not mean others don't enjoy other aspects of the game. I forget that Kiroo is the only person to play this game and his way of enjoyment is the only way. 9_9 

The ability to talk to friends while out of game will help with players who meet (and are friendly) in-game. Player 1 (who is in-game) saying "I see a few people in Boulder City. I could use some help!" to Player 2 who is still at Lobby. Not everyone wants to join VOIP with someone they just met. This would benefit players who are newer to the game.

People always complain about how the game is dying or is dead. The developers are trying to make the game more 'newbie' friendly. Having this communication would further that goal.

Survival is actually very fun and it's been missing a lot of love. I've personally been getting closer and closer with the community where we're sharing idea's and such and I am certain Survival is gonna get a lot more fun in the near future just like all the other game modes!

Either way, Thanks for your suggestion about VOIP with friends. I think this is definitively something that would help in this matter while at the same time - totally agree - this shouldn't be any prioritization which it isn't. Keep in mind we prioritize improving the game stability, FPS improvement, crash fixes and other fixes over anything else.

I have explained this a million times in depth but I think you'll understand if I keep this short. At the same time everyone in the team has different capabilities and responsibilities. Now, obviously "we" as a game still take full credit but at the same time please understand for example: I am not really a coder. Besides the fact I know a bit of SQL, PHP etc I don't know that much related to this. Fred does, as he is responsible for that part in the game. I help him, where I can, and we as team remind him to fix certain things but more than that there is not much we / I can directly do. Now, this doesn't mean that I should just sit still and do nothing until the issues are fixed, right? Might as well work on new content then, which is btw one of the things I mainly do here. With that prioritization order I mainly try not to bring too much new content but find a good balance between some new content, some fixes, some improvements and some optimizations.

This is just an example. Hope you can understand this. I care about you, and every single player of the game and value everyone's opinion equally. Thanks for reading this. 

Best Regards,

Sven

29 minutes ago, LevarBurton7 said:

I think that could achieve the objective.  As it is currently it's really hard to get from A to B.  The highways would be great but they are logjammed with broken cars.  

I just don't want to play the original Everquest where you had to walk 2 hours to get to another part of the map, you know?  They came up with a gate system that made it more fun and playable.  Bus stops or more cars/safe zones could do that here. 

Completely understandable. Have you ever taken a closer look at the road blocks on top of the elevated highways? There is actually ramps and such for vehicles to jump over from side to side. Haha.

Anyways, I understand the "transportation" issue. I'll discuss with silent and the rest to see if we can add more safe zones with in them bus stops. I think this is already going to make things way better!

We can then aim maybe as well for some kind of craft able vehicles? / transpiration things. How does that sound?

I love the new Bar in Lounge, good Job. Who made the Song of the Lounge?

On colorado is now an issue with Zombies and the range of their detection. you can stand next to them with car and they don't hear you. Sample -> https://imgur.com/ZJRJyZO

Now zombies walk through structures, for example Tanksd, Walls and so on. Sample: https://imgur.com/RzQBnJf

And as i told before in Feedbackforum some places still missing Zombies, now it hits Campos again

Edited by Isshogei

12 minutes ago, Isshogei said:

I love the new Bar in Lounge, good Job. Who made the Song of the Lounge?

On colorado is now an issue with Zombies and the range of their detection. you can stand next to them with car and they don't hear you. Sample -> https://imgur.com/ZJRJyZO

Now zombies walk through structures, for example Tanksd, Walls and so on. Sample: https://imgur.com/RzQBnJf

And as i told before in Feedbackforum some places still missing Zombies, now it hits Campos again

Haha I made it myself. Glad you like it. Don't take it too serious + only spend 5 minutes on it. xD

Thing is with your feedback, I processed this but that was yesterday when patch 2.20 was already done, ready and tested. It's all noted and saved for upcoming patch 2.21 though! Thanks a lot!

About the zombies walking through stuff: we are aware and working on a solution.

Thanks a lot once again for your feedback!

6 minutes ago, Isshogei said:

Share the Loungesong with us at soundcloud :D

when it's final version!

Just now, Sven said:

soon <3

Btw, with what kind of software you made it?

Beside that, as i walk around on Colorado, i saw some Spawn when you join are... [insert word here].

You spawn within a huge amount of zombies and spawnprotectiontime is no^t long enough. Maybe you can overwork the playerspawns there a bit.

For example, Nato Airbase,  Varo Contaionment.

10 minutes ago, Isshogei said:

Btw, with what kind of software you made it?

Beside that, as i walk around on Colorado, i saw some Spawn when you join are... [insert word here].

You spawn within a huge amount of zombies and spawnprotectiontime is no^t long enough. Maybe you can overwork the playerspawns there a bit.

For example, Nato Airbase,  Varo Contaionment.

Haha. FL Studio. Have quite a music background, still do some in my free time but forget I said that Kappa

Can you make a screenshot of where you spawn exactly next time and send it to me?

1 minute ago, Isshogei said:

Ok i will make some, when i log inot that areas and hopeful spawn at that spots.

Thanks! Have a nice evening! <3

Best Regards,

Sven

10 hours ago, Sven said:

I have explained this a million times in depth but I think you'll understand if I keep this short. At the same time everyone in the team has different capabilities and responsibilities. Now, obviously "we" as a game still take full credit but at the same time please understand for example: I am not really a coder. Besides the fact I know a bit of SQL, PHP etc I don't know that much related to this. Fred does, as he is responsible for that part in the game. I help him, where I can, and we as team remind him to fix certain things but more than that there is not much we / I can directly do. Now, this doesn't mean that I should just sit still and do nothing until the issues are fixed, right? Might as well work on new content then, which is btw one of the things I mainly do here. With that prioritization order I mainly try not to bring too much new content but find a good balance between some new content, some fixes, some improvements and some optimizations.

This is just an example. Hope you can understand this. I care about you, and every single player of the game and value everyone's opinion equally. Thanks for reading this. 

maybe hire more people then who can carry out the new updates? 

@Sven Can i ask why there is only 5 super zombies on NATO , instead of 8 ? it used to be 8 . Did you removed 3 supers of wut ? if you did , then thats a bad move sir .

Edited by alinush224

13 hours ago, Sven said:

Haha. FL Studio. Have quite a music background, still do some in my free time but forget I said that Kappa

Can you make a screenshot of where you spawn exactly next time and send it to me?

So here are the screenshots. Varo : https://imgur.com/FEcImzz

When spawn within red area, you are always in a crowd of zombies. before 2.19 they all was inside Varo.

At NAto Airbase is same. See here: https://imgur.com/5oRz6vY

and https://imgur.com/diYDjuw

So now i take the partybus https://imgur.com/Z6jfhz8

and do warmup party in lounge https://imgur.com/WYfMn0U

PS: About Zombies, they can walk through nearly everything now, tanks, containers, walls, fences and so on, can you check it please?

Edited by Isshogei
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, Isshogei said:

PS: About Zombies, they can walk through nearly everything now, tanks, containers, walls, fences and so on, can you check it please?

They can also come up in the middle of those freight boxes like there's a build in ramp for them to walk up.

• Love 1

On 8/2/2018 at 10:52 AM, Sven said:

Bus stops should never have been there. It was a mistake, never intended. End of discussion. Besides that it breaks the game-mode and was one of the reasons people could get too much gear in Survival too fast.

The  two best loot areas (Umatilla and Prison) are within a short walking distance of the safe zone.    I loot these spots all the time  and leave with a military backpack full of armor, meds, stanag, and nice AR's.. right next to the safe zone.   Cars and bus stops are NOT the main problem here.   The issue is with loot -  it's just too plentiful on survival. 

Since the patch I have not even seen a car, so my characters are basically sticking to one part of the map - making the whole map highly unused.   Please increase cars or bring back some form of the bus stops.

Edited by drekati

On 3-8-2018 at 7:52 AM, sgregor said:

maybe hire more people then who can carry out the new updates? 

Good point. Unfortunately not up to me. :/

On 3-8-2018 at 9:47 AM, alinush224 said:

@Sven Can i ask why there is only 5 super zombies on NATO , instead of 8 ? it used to be 8 . Did you removed 3 supers of wut ? if you did , then thats a bad move sir .

Are you sure about this? Just talked with Silent and he didn't remove anything based on last patch.

On 3-8-2018 at 11:25 AM, Isshogei said:

So here are the screenshots. Varo : https://imgur.com/FEcImzz

When spawn within red area, you are always in a crowd of zombies. before 2.19 they all was inside Varo.

At NAto Airbase is same. See here: https://imgur.com/5oRz6vY

and https://imgur.com/diYDjuw

So now i take the partybus https://imgur.com/Z6jfhz8

and do warmup party in lounge https://imgur.com/WYfMn0U

Thanks for this. I have also saved this feedback! Thanks for taking extra time and help us out! <3

We are aware of the zombie issues. Can you tell me what seat number you were on when you had this bug? Also, is it happening all the time or just once?

11 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

They can also come up in the middle of those freight boxes like there's a build in ramp for them to walk up.

Yeah but they shouldn't be walking through everything.

59 minutes ago, drekati said:

The  two best loot areas (Umatilla and Prison) are within a short walking distance of the safe zone.    I loot these spots all the time  and leave with a military backpack full of armor, meds, stanag, and nice AR's.. right next to the safe zone.   Cars and bus stops are NOT the main problem here.   The issue is with loot -  it's just too plentiful on survival. 

Since the patch I have not even seen a car, so my characters are basically sticking to one part of the map - making the whole map highly unused.   Please increase cars or bring back some form of the bus stops.

Thanks for the feedback about spawn rates. Based on previous feedback and some other chats I had I am going to bring car spawns back up to "normal". Doing this right now, give it a few hours to go fully live and let me know maybe tomorrow or later today if anything is improved. Thanks once again for this feedback! <3

About your first point. I think a good thing to start with and which I have already adressed before is adding more safe zones to Oregon and have bus stops in them just like in Colorado. (Supposed you are talking about Survival here.)

• Love 1

16 hours ago, Sven said:

We are aware of the zombie issues. Can you tell me what seat number you were on when you had this bug? Also, is it happening all the time or just once?

About the glitching? it happens everytime everywhere. If you ask about the busbug, nah, thats no big deal, it happens when you drive with any vehicle very close to the bus which spawned as pickable vehicle anywhere and jump out. then you are sometimes inside the bus, just a funthing, nothing that needs an overwork.

Isn`t silencer for sniper OP? I mean, when I get killed by an ots or a vss. And dont figure out where he is shooting from, I wanna choke him and cruch my pc screen.

5 hours ago, Isshogei said:

About the glitching? it happens everytime everywhere. If you ask about the busbug, nah, thats no big deal, it happens when you drive with any vehicle very close to the bus which spawned as pickable vehicle anywhere and jump out. then you are sometimes inside the bus, just a funthing, nothing that needs an overwork.

Ahh so it's just a camera bug.. Just wanted to make sure ;)

3 hours ago, Nordmo said:

Isn`t silencer for sniper OP? I mean, when I get killed by an ots or a vss. And dont figure out where he is shooting from, I wanna choke him and cruch my pc screen.

It is, but it will be rare for sure. Not sure yet what we will do here. As long as it's very rare it's okay in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Sklenda said:

Zombies are walking cross texture, pls fix it.  Thanks

We are aware. Thanks for the reminder ;)