Sign in to follow this  
drekati

New Z Survival 2.0

10 posts in this topic

ideas for a true, hardcore survival New Z

-First person only: the corner camping/peeking is a tired mechanic in New Z and needs to go.  It also kills immersion of  a first person experience.  To watch someone while not being seen yourself is highly unrealistic.

-Enable jump Stamina :the constant bunny hopping is another tired mechanic.   Make each jump take stamina for a more realistic combat.

-Rare Loot : right now the loot is too common on Survival..  Sniper rarity is perfect but other items like meds and ARs, ammo, etc are far too common to be considered surviving.  

-Zombies need to be more difficult: jumpin on a box and avoiding zombies is kind of silly.   Make them hit you if you are standing on something or add spitters with range.

-Crafting: give me a reason to craft with unique items and the ability to gather resources

-Bus Stops : allow "some" bus stops so traveling is not so tedious, and if travelling have zombie hordes in the wilderness.  This prevents populations hording around one part of the map, like Clearview, for pvp action.

-Expand skill tree:  more options to give players a reason to farm zombies and provide goals to achive

-Add loadouts: It's far too tedious to gear up same loadout manually after death.  What you do on the character select screen is hardly considered "surviving" and we need loadouts to make the gameplay experience smoother.  

-Base Building: allow some form of base building with resources

I've brought some of these ideas up before and have been told "but its not like the old War Z"... well I am looking for something fresh and different, while maintaining the classic gun play we used to love.

I think most of us are looking for that too.   All I see are more complaints and populations on servers dropping. 

Just my 2 cents..

Edited by drekati

3 hours ago, drekati said:

-First person only: the corner camping/peeking is a tired mechanic in New Z and needs to go.  It also kills immersion of  a first person experience.  To watch someone while not being seen yourself is highly unrealistic.

I personally love this idea. What about other players?

-Enable jump Stamina :the constant bunny hopping is another tired mechanic.   Make each jump take stamina for a more realistic combat.

Hmmmmmmmmm, I am not sure about this one :P

-Rare Loot : right now the loot is too common on Survival..  Sniper rarity is perfect but other items like meds and ARs, ammo, etc are far too common to be considered surviving. 

I totally agree.

-Zombies need to be more difficult: jumpin on a box and avoiding zombies is kind of silly.   Make them hit you if you are standing on something or add spitters with range.

Great idea. I will forward it to the team but we are already working on some new things with zombies for the next patches. ;) 

-Expand skill tree:  more options to give players a reason to farm zombies and provide goals to achive

Why not.

Add loadouts: It's far too tedious to gear up same loadout manually after death.  What you do on the character select screen is hardly considered "surviving" and we need loadouts to make the gameplay experience smoother.  

I agree on this one, we should definitely add them. 

-Base Building: allow some form of base building with resources

That's planned to happen but that's a lot of work tho! 

Anyways, there is a bunch of great ideas there that I will make share with the rest of the team! Thank you for your great suggestions! Have a great day.

kaz.

• Love 1

-add snowy and stormy wheater around frosty pines/mt massive/wheater station/norad/ridge

-1 hit from zombie = -20% of hp + 20% chance to get poisoned

-display red circles on map when there is aggression in pvp so noobs can check where to not go and pvpers can check where pvp is

-add spitters who spit toxic waste and cure needs new vaccine which is only craftable

-add temperature bar so players need to find themselves new items like warm suit to loot mountainside citys

-add missions for PvE (ex. kill 100 zombies - reward 2x MRE, 2 ammo, 1 medium bp, hatchet)

-add jumping stamina

-add heli crash sites (display message on global chat as somewhere an heli crashed)

-food and water should decrease faster then it is now (you can loot hours with limited food & water)

-make melees less powerful 

Another possible addition would be to allow a player to turn into a zombie if infected by one after a certain time period.   If bitten, allow the player to turn into a zombie model and be able to stalk players somewhat incognito with strong melee attacks.. (disable guns and melee weapons that players use).

31 minutes ago, Loadsamoney said:

A true Hardcore mode would mean one life. If you die, your character is dead forever.

warz had that mode, it didn't thrive. Nobody played it..

On 01/08/2018 at 9:19 AM, kazmightONFIRE said:

I personally love this idea. What about other players?

Hmmmmmmmmm, I am not sure about this one :P

I totally agree.

Great idea. I will forward it to the team but we are already working on some new things with zombies for the next patches. ;) 

Why not.

I agree on this one, we should definitely add them. 

kaz.

So you only forward when YOU agree on ideas? wtf is this?

it's funny coz I literally have never seen any of you play on survival

Edited by Lost on you

Hello, this is my first post in the forum. I decided to join, because I want to say my word regarding Survival, as it's the only mode I play.

- First person view only, I'm not agree as I like to see my character fit with the nice red beret, cowboy hat, construction hat, etc... If you want to make first person view only, delete those kind attachments because then will have no sense to have them, all people will wear NVG or high armour protection and that's all.

(By the way, If you add a option to personalize the attachment colors would be great, I personally would like blue beret or other colors).

- Crafting system, is actually only useful for 2 or 3 items that cannot be found in-game?  Must add more items that only can be achieved by crafting.

- Bus stops, some bus stops or similar system must be added, in my opinion is not a question of "Hardcore" survival, it's a question to optimize time of the people who plays this game. Some people only can play 1 hour this game or 45 min, so If you need 3/4 of the time you play in walking/running to arrive to one point and get some fun killing zombies, people gets bored or basically thinks "Buh, I have to walk like an hour to arrive to Boulder city or X place? No thanks".

- Base Building, would be great to see that.

8 hours ago, Lost on you said:

I have personally played Survival since day 1 (as well as War Z).  I just hate open world with the shield spamming, bunny hopping sniper fest.

40+ days and counting survived between all my characters all with maxed skill trees, so I have quite a bit of experience in the game mode.

On 12/08/2018 at 3:21 AM, Lost on you said:

Who told you that? lol