Sign in to follow this  
CampersRUs

Lack of Zombies for PVE

3 posts in this topic

Ok... Let's see if I can get an answer.

Since the 2.19 Patch, a lot of changes have happened.

1) There's a new location at the far north of the map on Colorado V2.

2) Many of the old buildings have been opened up so you can now enter them.

3) A new FAC is in Beta testing.

4) There has been an improvement in the FPS.

All in all, this was a very good patch. HOWEVER... It seems that, in the zest to improve performance, you GREATLY REDUCED THE ZOMBIE POPULATION. I play daily. Now, I know I cannot name all the locations, but, in general, the zombie population is a shadow of what it was. I'm talking about a 50% - 60% reduction in zombies. Since I play only PVE, this makes the game very boring. Once you kill all the zombies in a location, you have to move on to another location only to find that the population there is also greatly diminished. What the PVE servers need is an increase in the zombie population. I would say about double what it was to make the game more interesting and challenging. I visited the new location I mentioned earlier and only found about 10 zombies in residence. I killed them and spent the next 10 min just wandering around. I also do not understand the need for a 7 story building. 8 if you include the roof. Maybe it's good for PvP but I suspect you will get complaints about campers staking out a high location and picking off anyone that happens to wander into their line of fire. Maybe if you placed a bus stop nearby, it wouldn't be of far to travel there.

Getting back to the main topic of this post, I went by a location that is usually populated by at least 20-25 zombies. With only 12 players total on Colorado V2 PVE Server (US) when there's no way that someone had been there and cleaned them out. The location I mention is the farm that is located in the northeast corner of the map.

Without zombies to kill, you cannot advance in the skill tree. Especially in the higher branch.

PLEASE!!! I BEG YOU!!! AT LEAST BRING THE POPULATION BACK UP TO WHAT IT WAS BEFORE THE PATCH.

And @Sven I know you said you were working on this but, the instability of the vehicles is still a big problem. And the boulder pile problem that is still there, well, nuff said on that topic.

Another issue that just popped into my mind is the crossbow ammo. A while ago, you reduced the inventory by 80% (dropped the bundle of arrows from 5 to 1). When I brought this up back then, you said you would compensate us for the loss of ammo there. (I'm still trying to get you to rename the 'arrow' to the proper name for a crossbow which is 'bolt'. As a way of clarifying this, I will quote from Wikipedia.

"A crossbow is a type of ranged weapon based on the bow and consisting of a horizontal bow-like assembly mounted on a frame which is handheld in a similar fashion to the stock of a gun. It shoots arrow-like projectiles called BOLTS or QUARRELS." I hope this helps explain why this change is necessary.

I do enjoy playing this game very much. And, as I've said before, I respect and appreciate the effort that you, the team at FredakisAB, put into maintaining and trying to improve the game for all. It's a tough job and I know that sometimes it's a thankless one. As for me, I give you all an A+++ for your efforts. Keep up the good work.

Sorry, I got a little verbose with this thread. But I felt these things needed to be pointed out to you.

As I always say when I'm done...

I hope you ALL Have a Nice Day!!! B|

• Love 1

On 7/19/2018 at 7:00 PM, CampersRUs said:

Another issue that just popped into my mind is the crossbow ammo. A while ago, you reduced the inventory by 80% (dropped the bundle of arrows from 5 to 1). When I brought this up back then, you said you would compensate us for the loss of ammo there.

Yeah I am still waiting as well....  :(

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I really wish they would answer this, im curious. its been how long  on the crossbow bolts. LOL yes, I know they call them arrows, but no crossbow uses an arrow!

• Love 2