Sign in to follow this  
quadkor

Screw everyone that teams in Battle Royale

I can’t believe this is a thing. What type of battle royale encourages teaming in solos? You’d get banned so quick in fortnite for that. There’s gotta be a duos or squad playlist because this is totally rediculous.

6 minutes ago, quadkor said:

I can’t believe this is a thing. What type of battle royale encourages teaming in solos? You’d get banned so quick in fortnite for that. There’s gotta be a duos or squad playlist because this is totally rediculous.

Hey!

I have to say. I completely agree. This is also why we have discussed this in today's meeting.

For now this is what we came up with:

• Better punishments aka not just bans but also other ways of punishing players for example restricting X player from playing Battle Royale's for X amount of time.
  • With the better punishments give players the possibility to report other players again through the tab-list.

On top of that we are planning on doing:

• Dynamic servers for Battle Royale just like we have already in place everywhere else. (Basically finish the system so that we can also change the Battle Royale maps live when ever we want so that we can do events etc)
  • Change the Battle Royale join buttons to "Solo" and "Team". This + the dynamic servers will allow us to have any map as solo only map, or as a team map and we will be able to change that all live so in case there is something not well-received we can revert or change it again.

In my personal opinion I think it's important players are able to play either solo or group mode in Battle Royale so that the ones that want to play solo don't have to face these groups. All this completely stand-alone from the fact that there is, and will still be players grouping. Therefor the first 2 points. We hope we can shift this in the right direction.

Best Regards,

Sven

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Maybe just gut the advantages groups have right now?

Why do we have group tags? Why help grouping people with that?

Why can´t groups just get worse spawns or spawn at the same area as a poor solo dude that will get run over?

Why do groups get the placement of the highest member?  If you die rank 40 in a group you are bad and deserve the shame.

Why is a solo win worth as much a a win with a group of 3?

Why do groups get technically even more as there are 3 skinboxes when a group wins?

Splitting the servers is the best solution, but do you have the playerbase to do so while also maintainin both maps? I dont think so

3 hours ago, Sven said:

Hey!

I have to say. I completely agree. This is also why we have discussed this in today's meeting.

For now this is what we came up with:

• Better punishments aka not just bans but also other ways of punishing players for example restricting X player from playing Battle Royale's for X amount of time.
  • With the better punishments give players the possibility to report other players again through the tab-list.

On top of that we are planning on doing:

• Dynamic servers for Battle Royale just like we have already in place everywhere else. (Basically finish the system so that we can also change the Battle Royale maps live when ever we want so that we can do events etc)
  • Change the Battle Royale join buttons to "Solo" and "Team". This + the dynamic servers will allow us to have any map as solo only map, or as a team map and we will be able to change that all live so in case there is something not well-received we can revert or change it again.

In my personal opinion I think it's important players are able to play either solo or group mode in Battle Royale so that the ones that want to play solo don't have to face these groups. All this completely stand-alone from the fact that there is, and will still be players grouping. Therefor the first 2 points. We hope we can shift this in the right direction.

Best Regards,

Sven

Thanks, I’m glad the devs are on the same page. Y’all may have to lower the # of players requirement for the match to start since it will split the battle royale player base. Anything haha.

For everyone else, I like your ideas. I’m definitely firm on their being two separate playlists.

Edited by quadkor

19 hours ago, Sven said:

Final punishments like deleting GD, XP (skills), or eliminating Skins from the game would be strong punishments and at the same time would not remove the player from the game, eliminating the need for scaling.

I say this because it is very difficult to detect larger groups (more than 3), because at the end of the game you find only 3 but the group started with 5 guys and you do not know if they are legit group or not.