Fred

Performance

25 posts in this topic

All feedback regarding the performance of the game here. (FPS / Ping / Loading Times / Stability / Crashes) When posting here keep in mind the following:

• Follow the feedback form. Please answer all the questions.
  • Please give us feedback PER patch. If you have feedback about an issue, please give us time to process it and patch.

Please comment feedback by answering the following questions:

What is your feedback about performance?

If this feedback is about an issue can you explain what the issue is?

If this feedback is about an issue, since when is this happening? After what patch?

Is there a particular way this issue is happening? Do you know how to cause it?

Have you found any ways or things that could fix your issue? What works, what doesn't?

Do you have any additional information you want to share?

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

@Fredaikis

I have to say I'm a little disappointed in the performance. Before the update, and using the Beta FAC, I was able to see a marked increase to ~90 in my FPS. Now that a patch has been installed, my FPS is back down to a mere ~40. One thing I've noticed is that the locations I have visited have more items which, in my opinion, are not optimized properly. Take for example Emerald Peak. When I arrived there, my FPS was around ~35. The main building was opened up, which I like a lot, but the entire building was shifted. Luckily I'm still able to access my GI locker there. (it's now hanging in mid-air just off the edge of the building) The grass effect is nice but again, it's dropping the overall performance of that location. And, one of my biggest pet peeves, Boulder stacks. I have been complaining about the excessive boulder stacks around the entire map of Colorado V2. Instead of thinning them down as I believe @Sven said was in the process, you added MORE. If you want to keep the map optimized a much as possible, stop adding all the multi-sided objects. As you know, the more faces an object has, the lower the optimization. Please, I beg you, and have been begging for months, get rid of the unnecessary boulder stacks.

It was nice having a higher FPS for a while, but in some locations, that improvement is now lost.

Have a Nice Day!!! B|

• Love 1

It's not a suggestion for me, because i have a good PC and i don't FPS problems.
Is not it a great time to remove the grass from the game? We are not talking about the old WarZ, which was survival, staying hidden in the grass waiting for an enemy to pass and killing him, we are talking about constant PVP, and it would be a big step to take out the grass as players who have a bad PC It would be a great help.
I repeat, it's an opinion, maybe the grass is well optimized that getting it out would not help, but maybe it would be a good idea.
Sorry for my english xD
Ty

And there is the problem. It's all geared toward the PVP player. There has to be a balance between those that only play PVP and those that only play PVE. In Emerald Peak, there was very little grass until this last patch.

• Love 3

37 minutes ago, CampersRUs said:

And there is the problem. It's all geared toward the PVP player. There has to be a balance between those that only play PVP and those that only play PVE. In Emerald Peak, there was very little grass until this last patch.

I TOTALLY agree with what CampersRUs said. It seems as everything is focused on the PVP players. 

• Love 3

Exactly Campers!! I think sometimes they completely either forget or ignore the PVE players!  This is NOT how you convince us to play PVP either by the way.... just sayin... 

• Love 2

I myself am not having issues like others with the new FAC but I do have a few questions about it. When in your chat window you see a notification that FAC has banned someone, is this a global ban, a proximity ban,  server ban, or an entire Master server ban? I am VERY curious because I have seen and experienced something similar to someone using macros, my character freezes and I can do absolutely nothing. I either die or after a few minuets play (being frozen in place) resumes as normal IMMEDATELY following an notification that someone has been banned. I would like to know HOW someone gets banned and their name was NOT on the server list of players? Example: there are 10 people on a 10 player server. Names are players A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, and my character (player B) starts lagging, a few minuets pass and suddenly as soon as the notification posts that player W has been banned everything goes back to normal. HOW is this possible when there was NEVER a player W on in the first place. I am constantly checking to see who is logged in new so I know that there was NEVER a player W. So can someone explain that?!! I know other players that are experiencing the same problem as well.

There seems to be a problem with Boulder V2 map,ive always experienced stutters and fps drops but whatever happened in the last patch there is severe performance issues in boulder especially near the crashed helicopter in the centre of boulder near the super zombie,my fps goes from 130fps to 80 and stutters.

its not my pc i have a GTX 1070TI / Ryzen 2700X 8 core CPU and 250mbps internet with 12ms ping.

fps goes worst now with this patch, i have 60 fps on caliwood on the houses, how thats possible? i have 1070, i7 6700 and 200mpbs internet

Recently, FPS has decreased very much both in Colorado ( before 60-70 , now 35-45) and also very strongly in Oregon ( nefore 50-55 and now 30-40) , not as it was before. and the graphics became different, many of my friends left the game and for poor optimization and falling FPS ( SOS YOU PLAYERS ) BibleThump

Guys! Thank you all so much for the great and very useful feedback. Based on some of your points we have created patch 2.20 and fixed some issues. (patch notes here: http://forums.fredaikis.com/index.php?/topic/5544-patch-220/)

Could you guys wait for that patch (tomorrow morning) and let us know AFTER this patch how further things go? Based on that we can work on fixes and improvements for patch 2.21!

Also, we are aware of the "game capture OBS issue" happening.

In the future please use the format I made to post feedback here! Thanks a lot!

I know this has been happening for ages but I thought Id just mention here that the spawns on PVP servers don't function so smoothly considering you can get an easy first kill with your spawn protection. For me I think its the one big downer, if the spawns could be further apart maybe a few trees here and there would be much more challenging and equal. Keep up the good work!

On 1-8-2018 at 10:34 PM, SativaDaddy said:

I know this has been happening for ages but I thought Id just mention here that the spawns on PVP servers don't function so smoothly considering you can get an easy first kill with your spawn protection. For me I think its the one big downer, if the spawns could be further apart maybe a few trees here and there would be much more challenging and equal. Keep up the good work!

Is there a particular location this is happening / where did you experience this?

On 2-8-2018 at 9:08 AM, Sklenda said:

Please do something with bugging hairs and caps cross helmets.

What do you mean exactly?

On 16/07/2018 at 14:36, Fredaikis said:

Todos os comentários sobre o desempenho do jogo aqui. (FPS / Ping / Tempos de carga / Estabilidade / Travamentos) Ao postar aqui, tenha em mente o seguinte:

• Siga o formulário de feedback. Por favor, responda todas as perguntas.
  • Por favor, nos dê um feedback POR patch . Se você tiver comentários sobre um problema, por favor, nos dê tempo para processá-lo e corrigir.

Por favor, comente o feedback respondendo às seguintes perguntas:

Bom dia! Estou com um problema há alguns dias, zumbis estão atravessando as paredes. Além disso, após a atualização do Patch 2.0, piorou muito a performance do jogo no meu computador. Ele é bem fraco. Quando entro no servidor, morro antes mesmo de visualizar meu personagem. Parece que entro sem spawn. Também após a atualização, sempre que há outro player perto de mim, trava tudo. Não consigo matar, o jogo trava e não responde os tiros.

15 minutes ago, ElvisEliel said:

Bom dia! Estou com um problema há alguns dias, zumbis estão atravessando as paredes. Além disso, após a atualização do Patch 2.0, piorou muito a performance do jogo no meu computador. Ele é bem fraco. Quando entro no servidor, morro antes mesmo de visualizar meu personagem. Parece que entro sem spawn. Também após a atualização, sempre que há outro player perto de mim, trava tudo. Não consigo matar, o jogo trava e não responde os tiros.

Everything got fixed with the server restart which is done by now.

Regards,

I have an idea for this game:
after death, I would like to be a zombie
appearance and walking identical to a zombie
the impact strength - 35% and one  3 seconds sprint
that would be very funny

Is it possible???

On 8/9/2018 at 12:00 PM, Scamp said:

I have an idea for this game:
after death, I would like to be a zombie
appearance and walking identical to a zombie
the impact strength - 35% and one  3 seconds sprint
that would be very funny

Is it possible???

Hhahaha I like this idea! Thanks!

Open World (Colorado V2) Fps (40-60)  VS  Survival (Colorado V1 and V2) Fps 80-100

I got 40 Fps more in Survival, i think the new spawn System has a high negative Impact on the Performance. Pls check this.

Edited by Freddy D

On 9/10/2018 at 5:32 AM, Sven said:

Could do a test program overflying various areas of the map and generating a log?
It would even help to set the graphic quality correctly.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:46 AM, Freddy D said:

Open World (Colorado V2) Fps (40-60)  VS  Survival (Colorado V1 and V2) Fps 80-100

I got 40 Fps more in Survival, i think the new spawn System has a high negative Impact on the Performance. Pls check this.

somebody check this? I think it´s a big Problem.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:19 AM, Sven said:

Is there a particular location this is happening / where did you experience this?

What do you mean exactly?

He means that some character models/Clothing from models look out of the armor.
For example: You put a Kstyle Nvg on your head, the hair from the character model look out of the kstyle.

That Graphic Bugs are since the beginning in the game, so i think it´s not easy to fix?