Fred

Patch 2.19 (Hotfix)

60 posts in this topic

On 19.7.2018 at 9:50 PM, best fortnite player said:

XDDD xDxDxD

Sorry,
but he is right. Before you start something new you should fix the old one.

Teleporting after exiting cars has become lethal - February 23
As you (and i) see, the video was posted before. What happens ... ?

He is 100% right:

but IMO bugs that kill characters should be looked at as a critical bug and fixed ASAP.

Teleporting vehicle - October 17, 2017

• Thanks 1

Guys, i tryed to logg on today and for the first time the game work. 

But wait, i go in a server for farm's in military Base.. Apprently more zombies and less loots  than last time. 

Why are u forced to reduce the loots and added more zombie's ? Stop loose time for this details and make ur job abou tall others problems on ur game

Others bugs, i'm followed by 2 super z and many zombie, i go up on a roof for be safe. But super Z can hit me even thought im in a 20m of them's

Sometimes when i shot heads zombie they not die, they need 30 bullets to die (Normal zombie)

Wtf dudddy u want a reasons to complains ? What is that for u ? 

For me you need to review all ur game because that's totally crazy.. I dont know how u create all this bugs but u need to take  a competent team for repair all this shit.

I leave the game because i dont like loose my time

Edited by Dante666

6 hours ago, Ecky said:

Sorry,
but he is right. Before you start something new you should fix the old one.

Teleporting after exiting cars has become lethal - February 23
As you (and i) see, the video was posted before. What happens ... ?

He is 100% right:

Teleporting vehicle - October 17, 2017

Yeah. You are right.

I am going to re-address this issue once again to Fred, in the next upcoming staff meeting. I 100% agree that it's ridiculous that this is STILL NOT fixed. Thanks for the heads up, once again. I wish I had the knowledge to fix these kind of issues myself. Right now, the only thing I can do from my end, is to re-dress this to Fred.

Best Regards,

Sven

7 hours ago, Sven said:

Yeah. You are right.

I am going to re-address this issue once again to Fred, in the next upcoming staff meeting. I 100% agree that it's ridiculous that this is STILL NOT fixed. Thanks for the heads up, once again. I wish I had the knowledge to fix these kind of issues myself. Right now, the only thing I can do from my end, is to re-dress this to Fred.

Best Regards,

Sven

Ecky makes a very valid point. Some issues that I have reported in the past are handled in much the same fashion. I won't go over them again, you can search my previous posts to see what I'm talking about. Issues that have been plaguing this game have been there for a very long time. It's the on going problems that are the most detrimental to the continuation of this and any game out there.

And, adding more and more to an already over taxed system only magnifies the inherent problems. I grow weary of trying to get it across to you and the entire team that these old problems need to be resolved ASAP. I'm sure the rest of the community feels much the same way.

Once again I will say, having a weekend event where you get double experience is ruined by the lack of zombies to kill in PVE. I have, and will continue to stand up for those of us that enjoy playing against the game and not other players. WE HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS TO A FAIR GAME AS ANYONE. The drop in the zombie population is poison to the game. Once again I find myself on the brink of quitting altogether and moving on to something else. I have given this game more chances than I would most any other game.

PLEASE FIX THE OLD ISSUES. It's frustrating to keep trying to get you all to pay attention to some of the important issues that seemingly go ignored in order to appease only a few. I am not asking for additional items. All I am asking for is a gaming environment that works for EVERYBODY. Is that too much to expect?

Dante666 mentioned this problem:

Others bugs, i'm followed by 2 super z and many zombie, i go up on a roof for be safe. But super Z can hit me even thought im in a 20m of them's

I have reported this particular issue so many times I lost count. The same thing happens when you are facing 2 zombies at the same time. The one that is furthest away from you is the one that makes contact, even though you are well out of their reach.

I'll put it this way. For example. You own a car. This car has a problem starting. Instead of fixing the problem, you go out and give it a new paint job. It looks nice, but it still has a problem starting. So, you buy new wheels and tires for it. Looks even nicer, however, the starting problem is still there, and now it's getting worse. So, you have the windows tinted. You now have a sweet looking ride, that WON'T START making all those 'dress-up items' a waste of time, money, and effort. Does this clarify the problem that we, the community, see with this game? I sure hope so.

Edited by CampersRUs

3 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

Ecky makes a very valid point. Some issues that I have reported in the past are handled in much the same fashion. I won't go over them again, you can search my previous posts to see what I'm talking about. Issues that have been plaguing this game have been there for a very long time. It's the on going problems that are the most detrimental to the continuation of this and any game out there.

And, adding more and more to an already over taxed system only magnifies the inherent problems. I grow weary of trying to get it across to you and the entire team that these old problems need to be resolved ASAP. I'm sure the rest of the community feels much the same way.

Once again I will say, having a weekend event where you get double experience is ruined by the lack of zombies to kill in PVE. I have, and will continue to stand up for those of us that enjoy playing against the game and not other players. WE HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS TO A FAIR GAME AS ANYONE. The drop in the zombie population is poison to the game. Once again I find myself on the brink of quitting altogether and moving on to something else. I have given this game more chances than I would most any other game.

PLEASE FIX THE OLD ISSUES. It's frustrating to keep trying to get you all to pay attention to some of the important issues that seemingly go ignored in order to appease only a few. I am not asking for additional items. All I am asking for is a gaming environment that works for EVERYBODY. Is that too much to expect?

Dante666 mentioned this problem:

I have reported this particular issue so many times I lost count. The same thing happens when you are facing 2 zombies at the same time. The one that is furthest away from you is the one that makes contact, even though you are well out of their reach.

I'll put it this way. For example. You own a car. This car has a problem starting. Instead of fixing the problem, you go out and give it a new paint job. It looks nice, but it still has a problem starting. So, you buy new wheels and tires for it. Looks even nicer, however, the starting problem is still there, and now it's getting worse. So, you have the windows tinted. You now have a sweet looking ride, that WON'T START making all those 'dress-up items' a waste of time, money, and effort. Does this clarify the problem that we, the community, see with this game? I sure hope so.

Very well explained.

As far as this goes there is one thing that I can do right now which is explain the cause from my end but I am afraid it's going to look more like an excuse rather than that you guys will actually understand the way things went.

Either way, I still think it will clear some things up and I think this community deserves fully honesty and straight away facts more than anything. Therefor, the following:

When it comes to this / these issues / general issues from my end there is not really much I can do when it comes to physically fixing the issue due to my position. Pretty much all I can do / that I am doing here, is collect you guys's reports and forward this to Fred. The way we work here is that with all the info I gathered and you guys gave me, he proceeds further. What happens then is that he actually fixes the issue, or tries to, in this case. The problem with the vehicle system development wise goes way deeper though:

( Maybe this will clear things up: ) Vehicles are added by original ISS dev's pretty much in the final stage of that game. We can conclude here it happened at the END of their development and with that said THEM, aka the people who originally created the whole system probably never had enough time to finish / polish it. That's fine, in either case we are here as a new team to complete that work but I think we can all agree on that it's kind of ai*ds to continue on the crap someone else left. Vehicles shouldn't even be added to this engine anyways. LOL. We're / have been picking up the leftovers ever since and pretty much obstructed into issue after issue related to this whole system. We fix one issue while that fix causes another issue to occur. We fix that issue, and 10 other issues and then all of a sudden the issue we had at the beginning happens again. This is literally what's happening with the current system. On top of that we have for example the time factor that plays a huge role and makes this issue even bigger: it takes / has been taken too long in the past for us to roll out another patch.

Looking at the future related to this issue I think we have the following options:

- Patch more frequent / hotfix more frequent.
- Spend more time on the vehicle system to finally fix it once and for all.
- Try to fix it. Before we add any of the "fancy stuff". (Like you explained with the car)

^ Keep in mind I have the perfect example of where I refer to "we" as the New Z development team. In this case, and pretty much with anything there is a certain person responsible and capable of fixing this issue. In this case: Fred. Now, I refer to "we" where "we" take responsibility (obviously), but everyone in the team has it's own tasks and capabilities.

So, to put this into a conclusion. Your example about the car and the fancy stuff DOES APPLY, but not entirely, as: The game is developed and handled by a team of different people with different tasks, responsibilities, and capabilities. In THIS example we have an issue most entirely ONLY fixable by Fred. Does that mean the rest of the team shouldn't continue on other stuff? I don't think this is a good idea. If I personally can't do ANYTHING about this, and I have done everything I can, I have to move on and work on for example new content (one of the things I am responsible for)

I fully take responsibility here, and I am totally not trying to shift this towards a certain person but at the same time I have to stay honest and give you guys a straight answer. I can't just sit here, and do nothing either.

I do agree this harms our credibility, and I completely understand people's comments and thoughts. They are right.

Now, I have even talked with Elias that this issue has PRIORITY and let's get it fixed once and for all now.

Sorry for the kind of vague answer, if it is vague. It's late. xD

Have a nice evening guys!

Best Regards,

Sven

Yo, I still got the same issues as Patch 2.18, getting stop while running...

I've got this problem since few patch and after I discuss with Chupa/Sven the problem might come from the "Reconnecting screen" which probably popup for a milisec and dissapear.

Here some gif to explain my situation.

https://gyazo.com/189be932ac1d9dba5959c7fa2e8b5e67

https://gyazo.com/432c22010cc146329f76d30d6a7e494c

Thanks for looking into this, Flowz

Edited by FlowZ

16 hours ago, FlowZ said:

Yo, I still got the same issues as Patch 2.18, getting stop while running...

I've got this problem since few patch and after I discuss with Chupa/Sven the problem might come from the "Reconnecting screen" which probably popup for a milisec and dissapear.

Here some gif to explain my situation.

https://gyazo.com/189be932ac1d9dba5959c7fa2e8b5e67

https://gyazo.com/432c22010cc146329f76d30d6a7e494c

Thanks for looking into this, Flowz

I have asked Fred to check this.