DNI_Adrian

Why new people won't stay... I don't blame them, AT ALL!!

12 posts in this topic

 ***RANT***

 

You really want to know why new people don't stay, well here is my take on it as a relatively "new" player.  I started my acct last year, and TRIED for over a week to get help to get my acct up and going. I had watched and even played on my wifes acct  before I decided to get my own. When I did I found ZERO HELP from the support dept. EVERY answer I received was short, did not address  what I even wrote ( I wondered  did they even  half read that  before responding ) .  7 or 8 months later I decided to TRY to give this game a second chance.( I"m still wondering why I did that.) I have tried a couple times to get help again through support, and yet again I received the short answer that didnt answer my question, but as always blamed the user.   I gave up on asking support for anything, and turned to youtube for help. Amazing how my problem was quickly resolved and it really was a setting issue after all!  During the month or so I have played, I have seen why so many "noobs" leave this game...and this isn't even going to TOUCH the troubles with PVP or trying to start new in Survival!! 

    You have  SOME of the most DISHONEST, thieving "VET" players...WOW is all I can say!! NO, NOT ALL OF YOU, BUT WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too many to count.  While on PVE I have seen you act your sickening worst... calling supers on NOOBS who have had their accts less than a week, ( OH YES, I know the poor guy personally offline  this happened to, and the JERK that did it watched as we were trying to teach this person how to use items such as sandbag baracades to get upon stuff because he didn't have high jump yet and called the SUPER. YES>>> WHAT AN A**#### move. Then he came and tried to grab up the kids stuff!! )  Or like today,  the " VET" with the paid for character who kept stealing my loot after my kills.  You want  super zombie loot, go kill you own you lazy thieving jerks, quit messing with new people!!!!!! Im sure if you and afford all that crap you were wearing you can manage to buy you own GD to buy snipers... you dont need to STEAL them from people who worked to EARN THEM!!!!!

They come on here and gripe because there aren't any zombies to kill, yet if there are they DRIVE through and FARM KILL them leaving NONE for ANYONE ELSE. They seem to prefer to drive said herd right past you too in an attempt to kill you off as well because that way they can get your gear as well. How about this for a suggestion DEVS... you cant set cars down in the safe zone  and start them up, how about stopping them from working in MAJOR areas, or at least make them truck it out of the area to set them back down and re start them like you have to do in the safe zone!!  I remember watching my wife play BEFORE VEHICLES. It was a level playing field bc NO ONE could just drive through "BEEP BEEP BEEP" and round up every single zombie in town and kill them and drive off!! Keep in mind noobs dont have money to take the bus to the next town and often when they do did this just happens all over again. The bus is EXPENSIVE especially to new people so once  you get somewhere, you really dont try to move that character too far because its either A() Expensive or B) Time consuming!

 

I am only scratching the surface of what has happened to me as a new person playing this game. I am sure there are others with their nightmare stories as well. Since I began playing, there has been 1, say it..count that number out LOUD>>>ONE " VET" player who was nice to me in game that I did not know. He gave me a sniper rifle on like my 3rd day. To him: If youre reading this, THANK YOU, you are one of the few truly good guys on here. I wish there were more like you on here.  To the  thieves, harassers, and self centered sorts  you: Stop being so selfish and self centered....  You wont have a game if you keep running people off, it will die just like sooooo many other....

I will prob be kicked for my opinion, but this is the truth. This is how this new player has been treated .  Don't like what I'm saying here...maybe some of you should consider your actions BEFORE you ACT!!!     ( let  me break that down in simpler terms:  THINK BEFORE YOU ACT. )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

 

 

 

                                                                                                                    ****END RANT***

Edited by DNI_Adrian
TYPO FIX
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a fact, it's really hard for new players to get into the game if you don't pay for a private server. What was the question you had for the support that didn't get answered I'd like to know and if you need any help with the game just PM me or something and I can answer you any question about the game. Also if you want some gear I can give you some stuff 

 

Cheers,

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have beginner servers again, that helps

I also suggested on various occasions:

 

- some sort of tutorial or at least quests for beginners to get used to everything

- different loading screens with more info for beginners (like the keyboard one)

- partner programs, you can invite friends to play newZ, help them learn and both sides are rewarded for that

- other objectives in the game outside of pvp, making pve fun for people.. not everybody is good enough/willing to run arround with 10 man clans

- penalties for killing/abusing civilians/beginners

 

  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lauchboy said:

We have beginner servers again, that helps

I also suggested on various occasions:

 

- some sort of tutorial or at least quests for beginners to get used to everything

- different loading screens with more info for beginners (like the keyboard one)

- partner programs, you can invite friends to play newZ, help them learn and both sides are rewarded for that

- other objectives in the game outside of pvp, making pve fun for people.. not everybody is good enough/willing to run arround with 10 man clans

- penalties for killing/abusing civilians/beginners

 

I like what you suggested here. Im glad they brought the beginner servers back up, they helped my friend kinda learn what he needed to know. Yet when on his very first day on the reg servers one of the players with a "VET" tag called a super down on us as we were trying to show him how to use sandbag barricades to get ontop of the containers at the airport. We had been there working with this kid for several minutes... the guy did it deliberately.  As a new character, he couldn't run from the super, he was still learning his controls  for meds ect, and has no high jump and nowhere safe to go...  They constantly abuse new players like that.   This was a PVE server mind you. They flat tell you since they cant kill you themselves they will set you  up to be killed. Two days ago one such AH called a group of reg zombies behind him, ran through a tent I was in then chucked several flash bangs in.  I have never seen such asinine behavior on a game anywhere else but then again no one else allows it either.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GENETICZZ said:

It's a fact, it's really hard for new players to get into the game if you don't pay for a private server. What was the question you had for the support that didn't get answered I'd like to know and if you need any help with the game just PM me or something and I can answer you any question about the game. Also if you want some gear I can give you some stuff 

 

Cheers,

Not everyone can afford such luxury as a private server. ( I wish I could, trust me!) I appreciate the offer on the gear, thank you. Im doing ok though. I was  having issues in which  my game would lag something fierce. My ping has been between 48 and 116 and my FPS would suddenly drop to ZERO freezing me in place but only during critical points... fighting zombies or trying to jump up to get away from super ect. It was noticed that EVERY time this happened someone got banned. Funny thing.. Im better at predicting BANS that the weather people are at weather!  ( I have witnesses to this!) I have That was one of the contacts, there were others, another about me and a VET player logging in on a PVE server, marked PVE, she & I had PVE  only checked ect and the second we logged on before we could even move we  were shot and killed. I got reply that BASICALLY SAID EVERYTHING i ALREADY KNEW , yet still never broached the problem.  I gave up on support... All I manage to do is get further irritated  and that solves. nothing. My stuff was gone.. they didnt care,  they talk to me like IM the problem  every time and close the ticket. So when my game started giving me FPS issues and wouldnt open I turned to youtube! You know what.. I didn't get told I was the problem, my issue got fixed and I was able to log back in.  I do appreciate the offer of help though, and I may send you a PM in the future if I have game related questions. Thank you again!

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DNI_Adrian said:

Not everyone can afford such luxury as a private server. ( I wish I could, trust me!) I appreciate the offer on the gear, thank you. Im doing ok though. I was  having issues in which  my game would lag something fierce. My ping has been between 48 and 116 and my FPS would suddenly drop to ZERO freezing me in place but only during critical points... fighting zombies or trying to jump up to get away from super ect. It was noticed that EVERY time this happened someone got banned. Funny thing.. Im better at predicting BANS that the weather people are at weather!  ( I have witnesses to this!) I have That was one of the contacts, there were others, another about me and a VET player logging in on a PVE server, marked PVE, she & I had PVE  only checked ect and the second we logged on before we could even move we  were shot and killed. I got reply that BASICALLY SAID EVERYTHING i ALREADY KNEW , yet still never broached the problem.  I gave up on support... All I manage to do is get further irritated  and that solves. nothing. My stuff was gone.. they didnt care,  they talk to me like IM the problem  every time and close the ticket. So when my game started giving me FPS issues and wouldnt open I turned to youtube! You know what.. I didn't get told I was the problem, my issue got fixed and I was able to log back in.  I do appreciate the offer of help though, and I may send you a PM in the future if I have game related questions. Thank you again!

you're welcome and good luck with your game :D

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-07-16 at 4:12 PM, DNI_Adrian said:

 ***RANT***

 

You really want to know why new people don't stay, well here is my take on it as a relatively "new" player.  I started my acct last year, and TRIED for over a week to get help to get my acct up and going. I had watched and even played on my wifes acct  before I decided to get my own. When I did I found ZERO HELP from the support dept. EVERY answer I received was short, did not address  what I even wrote ( I wondered  did they even  half read that  before responding ) .  7 or 8 months later I decided to TRY to give this game a second chance.( I"m still wondering why I did that.) I have tried a couple times to get help again through support, and yet again I received the short answer that didnt answer my question, but as always blamed the user.   I gave up on asking support for anything, and turned to youtube for help. Amazing how my problem was quickly resolved and it really was a setting issue after all!  During the month or so I have played, I have seen why so many "noobs" leave this game...and this isn't even going to TOUCH the troubles with PVP or trying to start new in Survival!! 

    You have  SOME of the most DISHONEST, thieving "VET" players...WOW is all I can say!! NO, NOT ALL OF YOU, BUT WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too many to count.  While on PVE I have seen you act your sickening worst... calling supers on NOOBS who have had their accts less than a week, ( OH YES, I know the poor guy personally offline  this happened to, and the JERK that did it watched as we were trying to teach this person how to use items such as sandbag baracades to get upon stuff because he didn't have high jump yet and called the SUPER. YES>>> WHAT AN A**#### move. Then he came and tried to grab up the kids stuff!! )  Or like today,  the " VET" with the paid for character who kept stealing my loot after my kills.  You want  super zombie loot, go kill you own you lazy thieving jerks, quit messing with new people!!!!!! Im sure if you and afford all that crap you were wearing you can manage to buy you own GD to buy snipers... you dont need to STEAL them from people who worked to EARN THEM!!!!!

They come on here and gripe because there aren't any zombies to kill, yet if there are they DRIVE through and FARM KILL them leaving NONE for ANYONE ELSE. They seem to prefer to drive said herd right past you too in an attempt to kill you off as well because that way they can get your gear as well. How about this for a suggestion DEVS... you cant set cars down in the safe zone  and start them up, how about stopping them from working in MAJOR areas, or at least make them truck it out of the area to set them back down and re start them like you have to do in the safe zone!!  I remember watching my wife play BEFORE VEHICLES. It was a level playing field bc NO ONE could just drive through "BEEP BEEP BEEP" and round up every single zombie in town and kill them and drive off!! Keep in mind noobs dont have money to take the bus to the next town and often when they do did this just happens all over again. The bus is EXPENSIVE especially to new people so once  you get somewhere, you really dont try to move that character too far because its either A() Expensive or B) Time consuming!

 

I am only scratching the surface of what has happened to me as a new person playing this game. I am sure there are others with their nightmare stories as well. Since I began playing, there has been 1, say it..count that number out LOUD>>>ONE " VET" player who was nice to me in game that I did not know. He gave me a sniper rifle on like my 3rd day. To him: If youre reading this, THANK YOU, you are one of the few truly good guys on here. I wish there were more like you on here.  To the  thieves, harassers, and self centered sorts  you: Stop being so selfish and self centered....  You wont have a game if you keep running people off, it will die just like sooooo many other....

I will prob be kicked for my opinion, but this is the truth. This is how this new player has been treated .  Don't like what I'm saying here...maybe some of you should consider your actions BEFORE you ACT!!!     ( let  me break that down in simpler terms:  THINK BEFORE YOU ACT. )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

 

 

 

                                                                                                                    ****END RANT***

Hi,

First of all, thanks for posting this. There is absolutely no reason to kick you, information like this is extremely valuable to us. Could I have your account name so I can look into your support tickets? That's not how it's supposed to be and I'd like to follow up on that.

Regarding new players we are focusing extra on them for this patch. We are adding objectives and missions for players to start with, we recently added back beginner servers for people who played less than 72 hours, we are also coding a friends chat system so new players can find other new players to play with. This with more tutorials in-game to teach you controls etc. we hope will make more new players stay in the game. This is what is coming for next patch and we hope to bring more for the new players to play. Feel free to add me on Discord 3lias#9096 if you wanna reach me quicker and please post ideas if you have any to get new players hooked.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback!

Elias

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-07-16 at 5:11 PM, Lauchboy said:

We have beginner servers again, that helps

I also suggested on various occasions:

 

- some sort of tutorial or at least quests for beginners to get used to everything

Working on this for the next patch!

On 2018-07-16 at 5:11 PM, Lauchboy said:

- different loading screens with more info for beginners (like the keyboard one)

 

Also coming next patch

On 2018-07-16 at 5:11 PM, Lauchboy said:

- partner programs, you can invite friends to play newZ, help them learn and both sides are rewarded for that

We want to add some kind of friend referral, anyway like mentioned above a chat is coming for people to use to get to know new players

On 2018-07-16 at 5:11 PM, Lauchboy said:

- other objectives in the game outside of pvp, making pve fun for people.. not everybody is good enough/willing to run arround with 10 man clans

Objectives is going to be the biggest thing in the next patch! Me myself is looking forward to that very much since it will be fun for both new and more experienced players!

On 2018-07-16 at 5:11 PM, Lauchboy said:

- penalties for killing/abusing civilians/beginners

 

This is hard to keep track off unfortunately :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-07-16 at 5:02 PM, GENETICZZ said:

It's a fact, it's really hard for new players to get into the game if you don't pay for a private server. What was the question you had for the support that didn't get answered I'd like to know and if you need any help with the game just PM me or something and I can answer you any question about the game. Also if you want some gear I can give you some stuff 

 

Cheers,

Thanks for the support Geneticzz. We need more players like you!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17.7.2018 at 9:40 PM, Fannti said:

Thanks for the support Geneticzz. We need more players like you!

I appreciate those words. :)

 

On 17.7.2018 at 9:50 PM, best fortnite player said:

Thanks Mysta. ♡

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now