Sign in to follow this  
Sven

Maps - Battle Royale

21 posts in this topic

All feedback regarding the maps in the Battle Royale game-mode goes here.

Please reply in a comment to this thread what your feedback:

See who is in the room (reputations, premium, ...), because that way we could report on the heat without having to die for a hacker. Fixing the group invitation would also be cool, as sometimes a player in the group does not go in and the others have to leave because of him. And my last request is that you can not enter the match (lobby) when the countdown starts on the warm-up, as many players have a bad machine, and sometimes only one of the group enters the match because the machine is better, not allowing the entry of players from the countdown would help players with bad pc not get bugged, or not enter.

Edited by BARBOZ4

There are too many issues with the Arena map. We will discuss this further on, but it's highly unlikely for that map specifically to come back. 

The safe zone is weird, it isnt random like in the others battle royale games.

And please, put Ping Restriction in BR, anyone like to play with Thai laggers, while NA and SA server's is always empty!

Guys. Upcoming patch we have added solo / duo queue! Also, Arena is fixed. It won't be available instant but we are now able to change what Battle Royale maps are available live so expect Arena to be back soon! :)

Can you guys read patch notes of patch 2.20 and continue feedback from there?

Find patch 2.20 notes here: http://forums.fredaikis.com/index.php?/topic/5544-patch-220/

On 01/08/2018 at 12:05 PM, Sven said:

Guys. Upcoming patch we have added solo / duo queue! Also, Arena is fixed. It won't be available instant but we are now able to change what Battle Royale maps are available live so expect Arena to be back soon! :)

Can you guys read patch notes of patch 2.20 and continue feedback from there?

Find patch 2.20 notes here: http://forums.fredaikis.com/index.php?/topic/5544-patch-220/

3 maps decreases the number of players to start.
If you do not want to take it, could you put a counter for the player to log in to the fullest map?

Solo player or group and 3 maps make the game dosn't start.

One map to BR for week or random. 

4 hours ago, JKS said:

3 maps decreases the number of players to start.
If you do not want to take it, could you put a counter for the player to log in to the fullest map?

Solo player or group and 3 maps make the game dosn't start.

One map to BR for week or random. 

What region

What do you think about that

only 1 battle royale map per week

every monday rotate the map

Because in solo battle royale you need to wait much time to game start

(just a suggestion)  :)

Who plays battle royale knows that this last update killed the mode. Before it was possible to start matches in the tropics and Arizona at any time of the day, it did not matter if it was night or morning, now with the Arena map and the solo mode this is not possible. I particularly did not like the arena map because the loot is very badly laid out, so I only play Arizona and Tropic. But now these maps do not start because of the Arena. There should be an option for the person who is alone to be able to play against groups, because sometimes the floor room does not have enough players. Everyone I know hates this new map and they are sad because the other maps do not start. My suggestion is to make Arena an event map. Battle royale does not have a very large audience and this update just divided us. I hope you take action on that, because we players who do not like Arena (and we are many) do not like this update!

Os lugares onde os jogadores nascem estao muito bagunçados, varias veses eu nasci no meio do nada, e nao da pra chegar onde tem uma arma, pra tentar sobreviver, eu acho que deveriam organizar melhor essa questao, pois fica muito mais dificil ganhar uma partida.

The places where the players are born are very messed up, several times I was born in the middle of nowhere, and can not get where a gun is, to try to survive, I think they should organize this question better, because it is much harder to win a match .

• Love 1

Do not remove the tropics please, it is the best map! This update was the coffin lid to kill the battle. The more I claim, the more you get worse, before I play a game of tropic per day, now even that does not work. Thank you for making more than 20 people of my clan stop playing, as we only played the tropics.

1 hour ago, BARBOZ4 said:

Do not remove the tropics please, it is the best map! This update was the coffin lid to kill the battle. The more I claim, the more you get worse, before I play a game of tropic per day, now even that does not work. Thank you for making more than 20 people of my clan stop playing, as we only played the tropics.

Does Not starts. 

On 8/10/2018 at 11:04 PM, BARBOZ4 said:

What if we remove Tropico, and have 1 map per week. Have a rotation and change the map every week.

What do you guys think of this?

In the end we kind of have to try this otherwise there won't be ANY battle royale left.. Better one map with popping players than have 2 maps with no pop and no BR's starting.

@Sven I find the idea of map rotation quite interesting, but in my opinion it takes the right of choice of people to play a certain map. We know that from time to time the battle has lost some players and so I am giving an opinion. The rotation could be 2 maps, giving right of choice if a person does not like some map, but for that they would have to remove the solo mode, since it is being used badly by the players who are joining with other players.

19 hours ago, BARBOZ4 said:

@Sven I find the idea of map rotation quite interesting, but in my opinion it takes the right of choice of people to play a certain map. We know that from time to time the battle has lost some players and so I am giving an opinion. The rotation could be 2 maps, giving right of choice if a person does not like some map, but for that they would have to remove the solo mode, since it is being used badly by the players who are joining with other players.

True but right now it's not working. Battle Royale population is bad. We have 2 maps with each 2 different types; solo and duo. This means in every region there is 4 places players split up to. Too many. There is only 2 solutions which we HAVE TO try.

1. We remove 1 map, so we have only 1 map available with duo and solo mode; 2 places players end up going to. -> possible increase of population.
    In the end we jump into a rotation so let's say every week we change the map here to a different one to keep variation.
  2. We have 1 map duo only, and 1 solo only.

@Sven Every battle royale player knows that the European server is the only one who starts a match, a good move would be to remove the SA, NA and HK regions. There is no need for them to exist since it is impossible to start a game in these regions. As for the division of solo mode and group I think a good idea, putting Arizona in a group and tropic solo.

Well here we are. I mean I already said that a lot, but once again asking the community won´t help. There will not be a clear answer to the map-issue and the users in the forum won´t magically all decide for one map to stay.

You arleady said that you pretty much HAVE TO do those steps, just do it and just explain to the people. Asking for what to do and then doing what 65% of the people want will result in the other 35 being utterly pissed. I mean we all know that it will hurt cutting down even further, but right now the mode is bleeding players pretty hard. I totally gave up on BR outside of the late afternoon hours and people will give up on the mode in general.

Just introduce the rotation already and properly announce it here and in loading screen every time it changes. You can also do slight pvp or balance changes to the maps out of rotation and use player feedback for that. Having a map coming into rotation with a few little tweaks and changes every time will result in players trying at least a few times. I even suggest the cut to be really drastical, which means one map with one mode in all the smaller servers and one server with both modes in EU.

Sorry I am so negative about so many things,

I just fear creeping slow death