Sven

Maps - Open World

17 posts in this topic

All feedback regarding the maps in the Open World game-mode goes here.

Please reply in a comment to this thread what your feedback:

Arizona V2 was a popular map for the few days it was available in Open World.   It's a good size map for the size of our current player base and players are familiar with this map due to Battle Royal.   

Originally when the devs announced the Oregon map, it was supposed to be introduced as a the new Survival map.  I think Survival is the best place for the Oregon map, not in Open World.

Hello Sven, after the Hotfix i just driven around and see whats happen overall. Here is my summary:

Most Spots on streets (roadbarricades with vehicles) and some small spots like Barth Farm aso. are empty now. Take a look  at examlpes:

Barth Farm Barricade near Crystal Barricade on street to Campos Riverfarm Campos South Norad

Also big citys like Campos are empty now -> Campos inside 1 Campos inside overview

Funfact is that the amount of zombie at other small towns are more than before 2.19 & hotfix -> Rocky Ford

I recommend you to overwork all this issues, except it is what you want itas result 

Hello, looking at the map I really like Rotten Valley, I think they moved it to the coordinates 7K will become a place with intense pvp.

Played Oregon on an Private Open World Server....there were little to NO zombies to be found. Traveled around from town to town and still the same result. Also not very much if any at all loot. What is up guys?

On 17-7-2018 at 7:03 PM, stonewalljack said:

Arizona V2 was a popular map for the few days it was available in Open World.   It's a good size map for the size of our current player base and players are familiar with this map due to Battle Royal.   

Originally when the devs announced the Oregon map, it was supposed to be introduced as a the new Survival map.  I think Survival is the best place for the Oregon map, not in Open World.

We will consider enabling this map in a future event for X period of time! Thank for sharing your feedback!

On 18-7-2018 at 4:29 AM, Isshogei said:

Hello Sven, after the Hotfix i just driven around and see whats happen overall. Here is my summary:

Most Spots on streets (roadbarricades with vehicles) and some small spots like Barth Farm aso. are empty now. Take a look  at examlpes:

Barth Farm Barricade near Crystal Barricade on street to Campos Riverfarm Campos South Norad

Also big citys like Campos are empty now -> Campos inside 1 Campos inside overview

Funfact is that the amount of zombie at other small towns are more than before 2.19 & hotfix -> Rocky Ford

I recommend you to overwork all this issues, except it is what you want itas result 

Hey! Thanks for your advanced feedback.

Thanks for the pictures. I have forwarded each one of them this to our map todolist.

Also, about the zombies we will work on a solution :)

8 hours ago, Katryna247 said:

Played Oregon on an Private Open World Server....there were little to NO zombies to be found. Traveled around from town to town and still the same result. Also not very much if any at all loot. What is up guys?

This has been fixed in upcoming patch 2.20 ;) (Coming tomorrow)

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Zombies are 'no clipping' through wooden crates and the long sides of the tents at Nato Air force Base.

Super zombies were also 'no clipping' through the first 2 tanks closest to the small watch tower at Nato

Map: Colorado V2

Area: Open World private server.  Colorado V2 PVE Server US

Issues: Zombie Glitch and Hidden Personal/GI Access Locker

While playing a few minutes ago, I encountered the Super that resides here. I was standing inside the barracks building next to the clinic. The Super came up to the door but would not enter. Instead, he ran around to the side of the building and entered through the wall. I exited through the door. The Super exited through the side of the building and followed me.

Also, while I was on top of the building next to the helicopter pad, I noticed that there is a personal/GI access locker imbedded in the stack of concrete slabs that are on top of the building.

Very peculiar isn't it? Please fix these issues.

I put this here because there is no section for reporting zombie issues, however the hidden locker IS a map issue.

Edited by CampersRUs
Added some missing information
  • Thanks 1

On 2-8-2018 at 6:27 PM, MeatBap said:

Zombies are 'no clipping' through wooden crates and the long sides of the tents at Nato Air force Base.

Super zombies were also 'no clipping' through the first 2 tanks closest to the small watch tower at Nato

Aware of this will get fixed ASAP. Thanks for the heads up! <3

3 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

Map: Colorado V2

Area: Open World private server.  Colorado V2 PVE Server US

Issues: Zombie Glitch and Hidden Personal/GI Access Locker

While playing a few minutes ago, I encountered the Super that resides here. I was standing inside the barracks building next to the clinic. The Super came up to the door but would not enter. Instead, he ran around to the side of the building and entered through the wall. I exited through the door. The Super exited through the side of the building and followed me.

Also, while I was on top of the building next to the helicopter pad, I noticed that there is a personal/GI access locker imbedded in the stack of concrete slabs that are on top of the building.

Very peculiar isn't it? Please fix these issues.

I put this here because there is no section for reporting zombie issues, however the hidden locker IS a map issue.

Thanks. I have saved this feedback.

Love the new map textures and detail in buildings, rooms, terrain, weapons etc... awesome work

Oregon is going to be a great map. You can see the heritage of the map in all the maps that went before - re imagining some favorite areas into new one is great.

I still see zombies no-clipping through all sorts of solid objects, walls, vehicles, trees - makes it difficult but great challenge sometimes - need to keep your eyes open lol

I also see that objects and zombies are not at the same level as the terrain -  having a zombie pop up under your feet is exciting :-) and some buildings, cars, loot are below the visible ground level.

The ladders and stair cases on the side of buildings are still a pain not being able to just walk/run up them - having to jump each step is a pain. This is only going UP - going down they are fine.

Of course there is still the inventory management thing - not being able to sort them a-z or something is a pain.

Still waiting for zombies to be able to follow me - anywhere I can get to - they should also - makes it super easy to kill them if you can get to a place they cant traverse to.

I know its a work in progress and look forward to the progression of this map and game features.

• Thanks 1

On 11-8-2018 at 4:54 AM, BinIsDed said:

Love the new map textures and detail in buildings, rooms, terrain, weapons etc... awesome work

Oregon is going to be a great map. You can see the heritage of the map in all the maps that went before - re imagining some favorite areas into new one is great.

I still see zombies no-clipping through all sorts of solid objects, walls, vehicles, trees - makes it difficult but great challenge sometimes - need to keep your eyes open lol

I also see that objects and zombies are not at the same level as the terrain -  having a zombie pop up under your feet is exciting :-) and some buildings, cars, loot are below the visible ground level.

The ladders and stair cases on the side of buildings are still a pain not being able to just walk/run up them - having to jump each step is a pain. This is only going UP - going down they are fine.

Of course there is still the inventory management thing - not being able to sort them a-z or something is a pain.

Still waiting for zombies to be able to follow me - anywhere I can get to - they should also - makes it super easy to kill them if you can get to a place they cant traverse to.

I know its a work in progress and look forward to the progression of this map and game features.

Thanks for this very detailed feedback! There is a (small) patch rolling out somewhere this week to fix the remaining zombie issues. Thanks for pointing this out again.

Hospital is a good map but for the fact that the outside is to large and encourages tree huggers and rock spiders that camp it out.   if you reduce the perimeter the fighting will be more localised and the tears will start to fall,  it will be a fast paced run and gun instead of a shield sniper campfest.

6 hours ago, flogic said:

For the love of god , make us mute the music in Trading Lounge without turning the game sounds off.

You can silence the music and keep the game sounds yourself.

Open the Options tab and go down the page to the AUDIO section. Simply turn the volume of the music off.

Easy Peasy.

On 9/7/2018 at 2:29 AM, CampersRUs said:

You can silence the music and keep the game sounds yourself.

Open the Options tab and go down the page to the AUDIO section. Simply turn the volume of the music off.

Easy Peasy.

Not sure if this works as the lounge music is a game sound.