Sven

Servers List - Open World

10 posts in this topic

All feedback regarding the servers list for the Open World game-mode goes here.

Please reply in a comment to this thread what your feedback:

I think the new map was a mistake. Splitting an already small and shrinking playerbase was toxic.

Nontheless we are here now and have to decide and once again I state that this forum is no valid instrument for feedback. What will the forum say? The forum that constists mostly of harcores and pvp-ers wants crowded servers and easy pvp. So They will always want pops of 50-70 people per server.

Having only high popped servers will force many amateure, beginners or even good solo players in unfavorable pvp scenarois and ultimately push them away from the game.

A few weeks after the messure, there will be 20-30 pops left again and the vicious circle starts again.

I might do a whole topic about the feedback bias you are currently falling for, but I am not sure if I have the motivation

I agree with Lauchi.

And the map (Oregon should be four times as big as Colorado, how should the Players meet there? then there now not enough Players for Oregon.
I think some People dont like the Bridge System of these map...

So, how is the plan for the future? If Oregon full released, you want only this one map with one single Server?

I don't know if it goes in this section, buttttt.
Put a ping limit on the servers in Europe, many people from North America and South America play there and both servers are empty.

-Please add 5 max and a no limit server for rockyford, trading lounge, and smallville for pvp servers in NA and EU.

-Please make atleast half the spawns be inside cities or towns so that Official servers isn't 90% sniping each other on hills and woods.

-Please move zombies to be deeper in the woods surrounding clearview, and in the woods between boulder and whitestone. (perhaps add a super zombie or alien there)

Edited by RadioActiveGoat

14 hours ago, RadioActiveGoat said:

-Please move zombies to be deeper in the woods surrounding clearview, and in the woods between boulder and whitestone. (perhaps add a super zombie or alien there)

MORE zombies are always good! YES please MORE zombies!!!!

On 16-7-2018 at 3:24 PM, Lauchboy said:

I think the new map was a mistake. Splitting an already small and shrinking playerbase was toxic.

Nontheless we are here now and have to decide and once again I state that this forum is no valid instrument for feedback. What will the forum say? The forum that constists mostly of harcores and pvp-ers wants crowded servers and easy pvp. So They will always want pops of 50-70 people per server.

Having only high popped servers will force many amateure, beginners or even good solo players in unfavorable pvp scenarois and ultimately push them away from the game.

A few weeks after the messure, there will be 20-30 pops left again and the vicious circle starts again.

I might do a whole topic about the feedback bias you are currently falling for, but I am not sure if I have the motivation

Thanks for your feedback here. Right now, we can't really like just delete the map again that would be a shame. If you have further idea(s) what to do here feel free to share them with us!

On 16-7-2018 at 3:52 PM, Freddy D said:

I agree with Lauchi.

And the map (Oregon should be four times as big as Colorado, how should the Players meet there? then there now not enough Players for Oregon.
I think some People dont like the Bridge System of these map...

So, how is the plan for the future? If Oregon full released, you want only this one map with one single Server?

Guys, keep in mind our plans here. First of all it's currently just the size of Colorado so not THAT big yet and second of all we have our "dynamic events" idea. We plan on making a lot of interesting new content and features and things to explore. In the end, we think that's what will make the map very interesting. Not just a filled up server.

On 19-7-2018 at 10:58 PM, KIPER said:

I don't know if it goes in this section, buttttt.
Put a ping limit on the servers in Europe, many people from North America and South America play there and both servers are empty.

This is the perfect section to write this! Thanks! I see what you mean here but we can't just ping limit every single server in Europe. We are aware of the high amount of players playing here from different regions with high ping but as you might have seen in our recent patches is that we are developing counter-measures to that. (For example the anti-lagg switch system)

Let us know if you have any further feedback!

8 hours ago, Katryna247 said:

MORE zombies are always good! YES please MORE zombies!!!!

We have noticed players want this! We will look into this!

I think Launchboy brings up a good point. The playerbase for NA servers is very small. I scan through it and see a few here and a few there. I would like to suggest that maybe just maybe, you are giving us too many options when it comes to where to play. I understand options are a good thing, they totally are! However, when our player base is so small in NA it's crippling us IMO. I know this probably isn't an easy fix and I imagine you can't just remove content on NA or force NA players to stay on their own server (as mentioned some goto euro server for that high pop. I even tried it myself but that high ping...is a real killer) but perhaps if you say made 1 or 2 servers tops and made them open world... (which from what I've seen is all NA player base seems to play on MOSTLY) Then perhaps, we would see a much better product overall. More people playing equals more fun for us all. Right now we are all split up all over the place and it just sucks to be frank.

Do away with all these server options for now, until we reach a large player base again. Then you can add in all the whistles and bells you'd like. I feel like you have some great ideas but expanded too rapidly for the current player base.

So basically what I'm saying is. ... 

NA Servers or all servers if you'd like.

Open world
Host 1 or 2 tops
Do away with the pvp BR STarter servers etc. Although I'd like to mention here Most of us NA do play on the starting servers and I personally believe that is do to the loot (which I enjoy but feel could be taken down a bit) as well as the free 'fast travel'  I say keep the free fast travel. I think it really helps with the dull running from point a to point b because this game never did have much going on for itself outside of the towns and citys and such. That's just my opinion some might hate the idea that fast travel stays free if you did it like that, but numbers say otherwise we all play on the servers that have it enabled.

Anyway,
Thanks for taking your time to read my long winded post. These are the ideas I had. I enjoy this game a great deal as I did when it first hit the market years ago. I played back then as well. I'd love to see it grow and be a major player in the market again!

Wish you the best!

Scr3n74pR

On 9/25/2018 at 2:55 PM, Scr3n74pR said:

I think Launchboy brings up a good point. The playerbase for NA servers is very small. I scan through it and see a few here and a few there. I would like to suggest that maybe just maybe, you are giving us too many options when it comes to where to play. I understand options are a good thing, they totally are! However, when our player base is so small in NA it's crippling us IMO. I know this probably isn't an easy fix and I imagine you can't just remove content on NA or force NA players to stay on their own server (as mentioned some goto euro server for that high pop. I even tried it myself but that high ping...is a real killer) but perhaps if you say made 1 or 2 servers tops and made them open world... (which from what I've seen is all NA player base seems to play on MOSTLY) Then perhaps, we would see a much better product overall. More people playing equals more fun for us all. Right now we are all split up all over the place and it just sucks to be frank.

Do away with all these server options for now, until we reach a large player base again. Then you can add in all the whistles and bells you'd like. I feel like you have some great ideas but expanded too rapidly for the current player base.

So basically what I'm saying is. ... 

NA Servers or all servers if you'd like.

Open world
Host 1 or 2 tops
Do away with the pvp BR STarter servers etc. Although I'd like to mention here Most of us NA do play on the starting servers and I personally believe that is do to the loot (which I enjoy but feel could be taken down a bit) as well as the free 'fast travel'  I say keep the free fast travel. I think it really helps with the dull running from point a to point b because this game never did have much going on for itself outside of the towns and citys and such. That's just my opinion some might hate the idea that fast travel stays free if you did it like that, but numbers say otherwise we all play on the servers that have it enabled.

Anyway,
Thanks for taking your time to read my long winded post. These are the ideas I had. I enjoy this game a great deal as I did when it first hit the market years ago. I played back then as well. I'd love to see it grow and be a major player in the market again!

Wish you the best!

Scr3n74pR

Thank you for taking the time to write this very clear post. Thanks for the feedback first of all. It's much appreciated!

As of right now, with the changes we have done, what do you think of the current available servers in the NA region?

More feedback regarding the current servers list is welcome guys!

Best Regards,

Sven

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2018 at 8:43 AM, Sven said:

Thank you for taking the time to write this very clear post. Thanks for the feedback first of all. It's much appreciated!

As of right now, with the changes we have done, what do you think of the current available servers in the NA region?

More feedback regarding the current servers list is welcome guys!

Best Regards,

Sven

Hey Sven, it's very awesome of you to take the time to reply and read my comment!

Currently my favorite NA server is Colorado V1 on Survival mode.

Open world server's have taken a back seat for me since I found out we can play on the old Colorado map which is still my personal favorite. Not to mention the slower pace of the loot in survival feels much better to me overall.

I have noticed a higher player pop on NA lately since the patch. I haven't been playing open world much, but I have looked a few times and some servers seem to have a bit more people in them. I still feel we have to many options in  terms of where to play OPEN WORLD overall but that's just my two cents. Forced interaction by making only a few servers would create more pvp IMO. IF that is what someone wants or is after.

I am personally pretty much playing survival Colorado V1 exclusively now. It's really what I find the most enjoyable in this game, I understand other's may not but I do. So I am happy the server I play on seems to have a decent population  at times. (Not like the OLD days but I don't expect that or even need that.)

You guy's are working to improve the game and I see that. I hope other's see it as well. I recently went prem and will probably get my in game partner to go prem as well. We both have been enjoying the game alot.

Thanks for your hard work. Keep it up. :)