Sven

Patch 2.18 (Hotfix)

70 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

I just did a little experiment to see what the FPS readings were in different situations. I took readings as I was looking around. This is what I found.

I played on a private server as I always do. Colorado V2 PVE Server US.

When first logging in and looking at the sky. FPS. 72-84 after 5 minutes 46-51

At Crystal Lake Resort: Ping 157

Looking toward the forest FPS 25-31

Looking at the floor of the ramp next to the houses. FPS 42-52

Looking at the roof on one of the houses. FPS 38-44

Looking at the red brick wall. FPS 33-46

Looking at the white door. FPS 35-41

Looking at the grass. FPS 26-31

Walking through the grass. FPS 26-31

Driving ZK Spawner through forest. 26-31

At Castle Pine Settlement: Ping 157

Looking at wooden platform. FPS 49-60

Looking at the outside wall of Vault. FPS 36-41

Inside Vault. FPS 35-43

As you can see, distance and animation of terrain play a big part of the FPS drop. From what I could tell, the closer the object you are looking at, the higher the FPS. Using Tactical Binoculars and looking at the sky FPS 69-75.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

@Sven, to address a question another poster asked, You cannot see the expiration of a premium account until the last day. Then and only then do you get a report of the time remaining.

Hope you all have a great Week.

good listing of the fps problem, but can you please disable your color for your Texts? Sorry but its discrupt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Freddy D said:

good listing of the fps problem, but can you please disable your color for your Texts? Sorry but its discrupt

This is a first. Criticism for my text color LOL. Sorry you don't approve but it's the color I use.

Have a Nice Day!!! B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

This is a first. Criticism for my text color LOL. Sorry you don't approve but it's the color I use.

Have a Nice Day!!! B|

I don't mind it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2018 at 10:14 PM, Sven said:

Any other players here reading this experiencing this same FPS issue? Let us know!

 

Best Regards,

 

Sven

i heard in ts3 that the game may not be flowing through the skins, that they are poorly optimized and everyone uses them, can that be it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JaS1Ld0 said:

i heard in ts3 that the game may not be flowing through the skins, that they are poorly optimized and everyone uses them, can that be it?

Examples?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sven said:

Examples?

 

I do not know, it's what I hear on ts3, I do not understand much of that but I heard that maybe the skins are poorly optimized and in colorado to have many people with skins in a short game, it may saturate, but as I say I do not understand much of that :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JaS1Ld0 said:

 

I do not know, it's what I hear on ts3, I do not understand much of that but I heard that maybe the skins are poorly optimized and in colorado to have many people with skins in a short game, it may saturate, but as I say I do not understand much of that :(

Okay. I mean examples would help so that I can explain you what's going on.

Either way a lot of people think that the chrome skins for example drop other player's FPS but this is all not true.

Only thing that could potentially drop player's FPS when it comes to the skins, is the skins that actually have a modified mesh for example the SVD Shark Attack, Custom Fallen Angel, Heavy Fallen Angel etc.

Good news is that for upcoming patch I have already optimized those skins! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sven said:

Okay. I mean examples would help so that I can explain you what's going on.

Either way a lot of people think that the chrome skins for example drop other player's FPS but this is all not true.

Only thing that could potentially drop player's FPS when it comes to the skins, is the skins that actually have a modified mesh for example the SVD Shark Attack, Custom Fallen Angel, Heavy Fallen Angel etc.

Good news is that for upcoming patch I have already optimized those skins! :)

nice, and the game is not because I'll go like this, and there are more people in my clan with better computers that do the same, we play pvp in boulder-born and sites like that and the game is very fluid ... there are people that has more fps than me but they do not flow as well = (

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SvenI have some fps issues too, mainly in colorado with full server, i have i5 8600k gtx 1080 16gb 3000mhz RAM and in colorado nato, boulder, airport with a server with 50+ppl more or less i begin to have fps issues, with some fps drop to 90-100 but mainly the game is not flowing in that colorado full servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JaS1Ld0 said:

nice, and the game is not because I'll go like this, and there are more people in my clan with better computers that do the same, we play pvp in boulder-born and sites like that and the game is very fluid ... there are people that has more fps than me but they do not flow as well = (

We are working on a lot of things that will improve this including a lot of optimizations. Not just in the source but also content wise. Read for example: *

http://forums.fredaikis.com/index.php?/topic/5183-devblog-optimizations-of-all-official-ow-maps/

http://forums.fredaikis.com/index.php?/topic/4931-devblog-weapons-rework/

http://forums.fredaikis.com/index.php?/topic/3535-devblog-optimizing-models-lods/

 

 

2 hours ago, irakun said:

@SvenI have some fps issues too, mainly in colorado with full server, i have i5 8600k gtx 1080 16gb 3000mhz RAM and in colorado nato, boulder, airport with a server with 50+ppl more or less i begin to have fps issues, with some fps drop to 90-100 but mainly the game is not flowing in that colorado full servers.

Thanks for the info! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi my latest update re CAmpersrUs observations, I can confirm the same FPS drops happen in relation to Speed of Travel run/walk and direction the more objects in front of me Trees fences etc the lower the FPS open grassland while Stand still 140 walking I get 120 start to run this drops to 110, Woodland  stand still 140 walk 105 run  65-75. At the Airfield when there are lots of zombies moving about in front of me Im standing still 80 walking towards them 50 running towards 40 runaway 80. The change in FPS appears to be related to what is occurring in the recognition range of your character presumably as the detail loads in and this is where the drop happens. When driving along runway to round up Zombies frame rate can Zero and I get the reconnecting message and drop from game.  Hope this is of some use Sven. Forgot to note ping which is 12 to 14 everyday

Edited by 135814n
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 135814n said:

Hi my latest update re CAmpersrUs observations, I can confirm the same FPS drops happen in relation to Speed of Travel run/walk and direction the more objects in front of me Trees fences etc the lower the FPS open grassland while Stand still 140 walking I get 120 start to run this drops to 110, Woodland  stand still 140 walk 105 run  65-75. At the Airfield when there are lots of zombies moving about in front of me Im standing still 80 walking towards them 50 running towards 40 runaway 80. The change in FPS appears to be related to what is occurring in the recognition range of your character presumably as the detail loads in and this is where the drop happens. When driving along runway to round up Zombies frame rate can Zero and I get the reconnecting message and drop from game.  Hope this is of some use Sven. Forgot to note ping which is 12 to 14 everyday

Hey!

 

Thank yous so much for your time and effort explaining this. This helps us A LOT.

 

Right now we are still investigating the exact cause of the issue. We do have an idea of when it started to happen however any more information you guys help might give us the final part we need.

 

We do also (in the meanwhile) have a major patch coming with a sh*t load of optimizations and perhaps even FAC 2.0 (most likely) so that is 100% going to improve everyone's performance!

 

Best Regards,

 

Sven

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sven i have 1070 8gb asus, i7 6700 , ssd 120gb , 8gb ddr4 ram 2400mhz and my game drop fps so hard, i cant play in too much zones of caliwood and colorad because my fps drop to 40-50, and i cant never stream because game feels so slow, i do everything to get better fps, but anything works, thanks for help! please, fix game optimization

Edited by DJSteinhaus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DJSteinhaus said:

@Sven i have 1070 8gb asus, i7 6700 , ssd 120gb , 8gb ddr4 ram 2400mhz and my game drop fps so hard, i cant play in too much zones of caliwood and colorad because my fps drop to 40-50, and i cant never stream because game feels so slow, i do everything to get better fps, but anything works, thanks for help! please, fix game optimization

Can you please provide the game settings you are running? This should not be happening, also ensure programs are not taking unneeded background resources such as viruses, bloatware and things of that nature. If possible can you tell me your CPU usage % while in the main menu? For testing purposes please have open all the programs you would normally have open while playing the game. We would appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Vintorez Graphics potato, i always close all programs, only have discord and spotify opened, sometimes google chrome, have 15% cpu usage on the main menu, i restart my pc like 1 month ago, dont have any virus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DJSteinhaus

i had something similar, as weird as it sounds like try to open the launcher and go to the settings icon and delete temp files

that helped me a couple of times 

i got a 1070 G1 Gaming
aswell and i got around 90 fps max

 

Edited by PAAAUUULLOOOH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, PAAAUUULLOOOH said:

@DJSteinhaus

i had something similar, as weird as it sounds like try to open the launcher and go to the settings icon and delete temp files

that helped me a couple of times 

i got a 1070 G1 Gaming
aswell and i got around 90 fps max

 

Clearing these files ALWAYS helps! yeah! Thanks for the comment!

Either way with FAC 2.0 rolling out in like a week or so, a lot should / will be improved. (dont forget all other optimizations next to that :o )

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sven i already delete temp files, but i have the same fps, we only need a better game optimization, there is a lot of building that dont works for nothing, that makes a lot of fps drop, its incredible i have  the same fps of player uknowns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah i have the same problem....i think we need better game optimization and more when the game is full of thailands and they play in group more than 25-30, this drop so much fps and drop floid =(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.