Sign in to follow this  
Sven

Server Changes

37 posts in this topic

Dear Players,

See this post as a main thread regarding the server list where we, based on your feedback, keep making updates to the server list in all regions. We are looking into each region individually and our goal with this is to fit the amount of available servers to the player base playing on Open World. We are also open for feedback about servers for the other game modes so don't hesitate to share with us what you think!

The main issue is that a lot of players are playing in server regions where they're not supposed to play. What we mean with this is for example a player from Hong Kong is playing in Europe servers and not in Hong Kong servers. This behavior affects everyone but mostly the European player playing in European servers with a good connection. We addressed in the live Q&A yesterday a very important point of view:

Players with a bad connection should never have the advantage over a player with a good connection.

On the other side we don't really blame players playing in the wrong regions because there is just not anyone playing in their region. Based on forum discussions and the Q&A we did yesterday and feedback we have received from players we have done two things:

1. We found out that our anti-lag system was not working as intended. This is now fixed for the upcoming patch this weekend and should from then always give lagging players a disadvantantage while playing.

2. Adapt / change the server list in such a way that it fits better to the player demands for each region. We believe this will make servers more popped, giving you a better experience.

^ This point is done live meaning we can change / add / remove servers at any moment. This is also the main reason for this thread so that we can update you guys when and why a certain change is happening but also to gather feedback from you guys.

Right now, based on all the feedback we have gathered we have made the following changes to the servers:

Europe

Removed 1 Colorado ping limited Colorado server for now.

Removed 1 Open Oregon server for now.

Removed 1 Open Caliwood server for now.

North America

Removed 1 Colorado ping limited Colorado server for now.

Hong Kong

Removed 1 Open Colorado server for now.

South America

For those who have missed the Q&A of yesterday where we discussed this issue more detailed we recommend you to watch it back here:

We will keep you all updated with further changes through this thread. Updates will appear below here:

UPDATE:

On 27-6-2018 at 4:46 PM, Sven said:

Dear players,

In the next few days we will be making some changes to the servers in the European region and there will be some servers removed.
To avoid issues for players that have lockers in the affected servers in the Survival game mode we would like to give a heads up so that those players that want to, have time to remove their lockers from the affected servers.

For now the following servers will be removed in exactly 1 week:
- Europe - SURVIVAL 007
- Europe - SURVIVAL 008

SERVERS WILL BE REMOVED AT JULY 4, 12:00 PM (CEST)

Those who have lockers in these servers please remove/empty them as soon as possible as once the servers are gone they are gone.

Thank you for understanding,

// The New Z - Staff Team

UPDATE #2:

17 hours ago, Sven said:

Dear players,

In the next few days we will be making some changes to the servers for the Survival game-mode in all regions where there will be some servers removed.
To avoid issues for players that have lockers in the affected servers in the Survival game mode we would like to give a heads up so that those players that want to, have time to remove their lockers from the affected servers.

For now the following servers will be removed on exactly: Friday, July 20, 2018 (Around 12:00 PM CEST)

EUROPE:
- Europe - SURVIVAL 004 (Colorado)
- Europe - SURVIVAL 005 (Colorado)
- Europe - SURVIVAL 006 (Colorado)
So in the end 3 Colorado servers + 3 Oregon servers.
NOTE: We will also 50/50 the ping limited servers.
NOTE 2: Server names and numbers will be updated so that they are in order again after the changes.

NORTH AMERICA:
- North America - SURVIVAL 003
- North America - SURVIVAL 004
So in the end 2 Colorado servers + 2 Oregon servers.
NOTE 2: Server names and numbers will be updated so that they are in order again after the changes.

SOUTH AMERICA:
- South America - SURVIVAL 003
- South America - SURVIVAL 004

HONG KONG:
- Hong Kong - SURVIVAL 003
- Hong Kong - SURVIVAL 004

We are aware of the crashes still happening on the Oregon Survival servers. We are working on a solution as we speak and will roll out a hotfix as soon as we can. Hopefully tomorrow! (Monday, July 16)

Please let us know further feedback in the comments on this announcement! Based on that we plan on doing even more changes to the Survival servers list if needed!

ONCE AGAIN: SERVERS WILL BE REMOVED AT Friday, July 20, 2018 (Around 12:00 PM CEST)

Those who have lockers in these servers please remove/empty them as soon as possible as once the servers are gone they are gone.

UPDATE #3:

Just now, Sven said:

Please keep sharing your feedback, it helps us a lot!

Best regards,

• Love 3

Hey. Are you planning to open servers in Russia? There are a lot of players from Russia . But we have a big ping. For example I have in most popular games ping 30-50. in New z 120-150. That's weird. I live in Siberia and Hong Kong is closer to me than Europe. And logically, the ping in Hong Kong should be less . but it's not.  I mean... it would be nice to have a server somewhere between Hong Kong and Europe. You must understand that yourself.

6 minutes ago, TemaLego said:

Hey. Are you planning to open servers in Russia? There are a lot of players from Russia . But we have a big ping. For example I have in most popular games ping 30-50. in New z 120-150. That's weird. I live in Siberia and Hong Kong is closer to me than Europe. And logically, the ping in Hong Kong should be less . but it's not.  I mean... it would be nice to have a server somewhere between Hong Kong and Europe. You must understand that yourself.

Of course. Completely understand this and thanks for making this point. May I ask, how much ping do you have to an EU server and how much to a HK server?

Best Regards,

Sven

30 minutes ago, Sven said:

Yes. In the list of servers Hong Kong 161. Europe 125.  But when you go to the server ping is usually a little bit reduced. Yes I. earlier in Hong Kong had 300. But after recent changes became in 2 times less. So I rent a private server in North America there's a ping 200. you can live if you are careful)

Edited by TemaLego

24 minutes ago, NAJENDA said:

Thanks @Sven<3

Waiting for the fix ! <3 

Changes listed are already done! We are now waiting to see what happens and for feedback! :)

19 minutes ago, TemaLego said:

Yes. In the list of servers Hong Kong 161. Europe 125.  But when you go to the server ping is usually a little bit reduced. Yes I. earlier in Hong Kong had 300. But after recent changes became in 2 times less. So I rent a private server in North America there's a ping 200. you can live if you are careful)

Okay well great first of all that the ping in Hong Kong is less. We had some issues there but it looks like it's fixed and your comment confirms that even more.

Why didn't you rent a private server in EU? Just wondering.

• Love 2

21 minutes ago, Sven said:

Okay well great first of all that the ping in Hong Kong is less. We had some issues there but it looks like it's fixed and your comment confirms that even more.

Why didn't you rent a private server in EU? Just wondering.

At that time there was no available server in Europe. But still you think about servers in Russia . or Kazakhstan. I think China has a black curtain and a lot of hackers. Because of this big ping

Nice try. Sadly this will be nothing but a band aid, maybe it can stop the worst bleeding, but the wound is still there. See you in a month or two when the servers are reduced again. And see you in about a year when the last server shuts down...

The game needs more players, no region has enough players left to have a healthy regional playerbase/pvp. This is why Asians/Brazilians/NA are coming to EU. Some say they do it to abuse ping advantages, but honestly playing with high ping sucks, nobody does that just to abuse an advantage.

This is desparation. This is basically meeting in the middle and the last resort before total starvation.  NA servers are dead, HK servers are a mess, always down, always lagging, Brazil has about 1 popped server left.

I promise the two ping limited servers will still be empty while 3 and 4 are popped.

I mean thanks for at least trying, but it is too little too late.  :(

It's never too late, my friend. Let's not forget that, this game is free. And these dudes are looking for a balance in this difficult situation. Of course there are reasons. a lot of people prefer other games. But this is not in this topic. Of course I buffer from ping. But you can. It's summer , there's a lot to do except play.

1 hour ago, Lauchboy said:

Nice try. Sadly this will be nothing but a band aid, maybe it can stop the worst bleeding, but the wound is still there. See you in a month or two when the servers are reduced again. And see you in about a year when the last server shuts down...

The game needs more players, no region has enough players left to have a healthy regional playerbase/pvp. This is why Asians/Brazilians/NA are coming to EU. Some say they do it to abuse ping advantages, but honestly playing with high ping sucks, nobody does that just to abuse an advantage.

This is desparation. This is basically meeting in the middle and the last resort before total starvation.  NA servers are dead, HK servers are a mess, always down, always lagging, Brazil has about 1 popped server left.

I promise the two ping limited servers will still be empty while 3 and 4 are popped.

I mean thanks for at least trying, but it is too little too late.  :(

24 minutes ago, TemaLego said:

It's never too late, my friend. Let's not forget that, this game is free. And these dudes are looking for a balance in this difficult situation. Of course there are reasons. a lot of people prefer other games. But this is not in this topic. Of course I buffer from ping. But you can. It's summer , there's a lot to do except play.

TemaLego is right. It's never too late. Never give up. That's the worst.

Game needs more and new players, agree. But the least we can do is at least improve it for the current ones.

The other way around we believe that, if done right, with for example:

- the anti-lag system that's now been fixed.
- less servers to make the remaining ones more popped.

We think if this is done right we can create a "snowball" effect, where players start playing in their own region + make the servers more popped overall, hopefully attracting players back to the game.

In the meanwhile yeah, we continue with the rest and try to attract more players.

NEW UPDATE FOR SURVIVAL EU SERVERS:

Just now, Sven said:

Dear players,

In the next few days we will be making some changes to the servers in the European region and there will be some servers removed.

For now the following servers will be removed in exactly 1 week:
- Europe - SURVIVAL 007
- Europe - SURVIVAL 008

SERVERS WILL BE REMOVED AT JULY 4, 12:00 PM (CEST)

Original post: http://forums.fredaikis.com/index.php?/topic/5180-important-survival-announcement/

Yes. That's a good idea Of a snowball. But she's already working . People go where there are more people . if they want an interesting game. But some want to be alone or kill their friend for a greater rank. If it were determined automatically . without selecting a specific server. You know what I mean?  Okay a bit miss... For example, Most of Russia is Europe.  I don't want to play with the Russians. I would prefer to play with those who have a ping equal to mine.  But I don't mind visiting my neighbors.

what about the topic of bringing back the old rockyford ? you said yesterday that you were gonna look into it asap but still no answer. i won't giving up on that :)

1 hour ago, ArtyomOlegovich said:

Yes. That's a good idea Of a snowball. But she's already working . People go where there are more people . if they want an interesting game. But some want to be alone or kill their friend for a greater rank. If it were determined automatically . without selecting a specific server. You know what I mean?  Okay a bit miss... For example, Most of Russia is Europe.  I don't want to play with the Russians. I would prefer to play with those who have a ping equal to mine.  But I don't mind visiting my neighbors.

True but there is a difference between you playing against / with people that have a extremely bad connection and people that have at least a decent connection.

At the same time we don't have the player base right now to make the servers adapt to "ping" more than the ping limited servers. 

1 hour ago, nightfall said:

what about the topic of bringing back the old rockyford ? you said yesterday that you were gonna look into it asap but still no answer. i won't giving up on that :)

I talked to Elias and he told me he will get back to that as soon as he has time. I reminded him.

33 minutes ago, Zecrasta said:

Finally a change in the right direction. Thank you devs so much.

Thanks for the comment!

Keep up the feedback guys! Any request, ideas? Let us know!

7 hours ago, ArtyomOlegovich said:

I don't want to play with the Russians

I LOVE playing with Russians! At least they play fair and don't act like [email protected]! Their ping has never been a problem for me, or effected my game. 

Let's hope that all European players will meet again on the ping server. Yesterday it was nice PvP in Clear TS vs. ISP - no lags and so on :)

Hope is the last to die!

9 hours ago, Katryna247 said:

I LOVE playing with Russians! At least they play fair and don't act like [email protected]! Their ping has never been a problem for me, or effected my game. 

Of course. Understandable. This is a great example of what's fine and not causing any problems. I'm glad you are here to type this so that in the future when / if we do any changes you can let us know how that affects you and or playing with your friends. You think you can do that? :)

3 minutes ago, Freddy D said:

Let's hope that all European players will meet again on the ping server. Yesterday it was nice PvP in Clear TS vs. ISP - no lags and so on :)

Hope is the last to die!

Thanks for your feedback! Keep it up, it's much appreciated! Changes like the one we did take time, also need to remember the weekend for example. Let's see where this goes. Can you let us know further feedback also if things even improve more? Thanks a lot! :)

Best Regards,

Sven

4 minutes ago, Sven said:

Of course. Understandable. This is a great example of what's fine and not causing any problems. I'm glad you are here to type this so that in the future when / if we do any changes you can let us know how that affects you and or playing with your friends. You think you can do that? :)

Thanks for your feedback! Keep it up, it's much appreciated! Changes like the one we did take time, also need to remember the weekend for example. Let's see where this goes. Can you let us know further feedback also if things even improve more? Thanks a lot! :)

Best Regards,

Sven

i will Keep you up to date Sven. I am old a old Veteran and now how clean the gameplay was in the past.

One Question: Why was there no Problem with the Asia Players (with the bad Connection) at the steamrelease? I remember that there were already many Thai Players there but there was no Problems with their Connection to the gameplay. The Only Problem at steamrelease was that the headshots sometimes did not count.

connection issues are one thing, the most important thing is there are no decent updates.

for every patch there should be somekind of addition to game itself. Either its a new gun, new cosmetic, new meta for guns/melees, new zombie w/e.

you add new map but with same old GI - why the fuck for should anyone even log there if there is nothing else to do then camp ontop of new buildings?

think from players perspective, if one has played the game for 5+ years, have obtained all variation of guns, ammo, meds, armor in the game there is to collect, it gets boring specially when you release new map with old GI or survival private servers - which basically killed the mod instantly.

crafting system was big "hype" for the game - turned out total fail

80% of patchnotes are "added riot shield for jumping sniper clan" & "fixed crash related to.."

during my time here I found you only added 1 item and even that turned out to be fail (tactical binoculars).

Havent even tried the new map & never will if there is nothing to do on the new map. (no need to loot for pvp / or pvp over the best loot spots)

all in all you do great by making these useless skins but other then that i predict when (dayz 0.63 is released - sorry for mentioning other game names) you can close all other servers also.

@Fredaikis@Silenterror@Sven@Fannti
Did you guys hear about the "Infestations - New World" release from the Infestation Thailand DEV´s? it´s in closed beta now and i think many Asia People will left the game, then it Comes out. It contains many newz Features like Battle Royal, Skins and so on.

Have you thought about it, when many asia players leave the game for it?

Edit: and another third person Survival Shooter comes out in August, named "scum".

Edited by Freddy D

Actually it doesn't look that bad and its pretty enjoyable :D Only problem is my ping but rest is fine imho.Yet its jsut ISS Thai with different name/ui.

2 Facts:
1. The competition does not sleep
2. ISS Thai 500k likes on fb
    ISS NewZ 90k likes on fb

Do not you think that game could become a Problem?