Sign in to follow this  
Sven

Q&A Live-Stream #10 Announcement!

14 posts in this topic

leanlRE.jpg

Dear Players,

We would like to announce official live-stream Q&A #10! First of all we'd like to say we are very sorry there hasn't been any Q&A's lately and that's mainly due to all of the issues that had / still need to be fixed. We really feel that it's time to do another Q&A again to update you all about what's going on but also to give you all a chance to ask us what ever you want to know about the game. 

Also this time we have a new guy in the Q&A: Elias. He is our COO and a guy that has been a lot "behind the scenes" of the company. He's one of the responsible people for the game and our company and will be able to answer a lot more "in-depth" questions.

Q&A will take place at: https://www.twitch.tv/sven
Q&A will start at: 16:00 (CEST) June 26, 2018.

UPDATE: Q&A is finished. For those who missed it, you can watch it back here:

Even if you don't have any questions, which we are sure of you'll have, just come swing by to say hi! Feel also free to already ask some questions in reply to this thread as we will be discussing those as well in the live stream.

Best Regards and see you all tomorrow!

// Sven
// The New Z - Staff Team

• Love 2

My only Question at this point what are you doing about game stability ? This must be a TOP priority, frame rates drop off when there is a change in the Server environment ie, A Player leaves or joins the Server the frames drop a great way of knowing if someone has just dropped in/out. When someone uses a car again frame drop, When an Airdrop occurs everything freezes for a second,

Nothing else matters until this can be fixed so there's your challenge guys I'm sure there is a massive list already on the Forums of all the bugs that we would like to see fixed just work on getting that lot sorted.

Player retention is all down to game reliability game crashing out multiple times kills off new players who haven't even seen the possibilities yet but are not going to stick around if they cant play fluidly.  I don't know what else to say but just fix the broken bits first or you will never grow it, remember the old Movie Quote "Build it and they will come" that's all you have to do.

4 hours ago, 135814n said:

My only Question at this point what are you doing about game stability ? This must be a TOP priority, frame rates drop off when there is a change in the Server environment ie, A Player leaves or joins the Server the frames drop a great way of knowing if someone has just dropped in/out. When someone uses a car again frame drop, When an Airdrop occurs everything freezes for a second,

Nothing else matters until this can be fixed so there's your challenge guys I'm sure there is a massive list already on the Forums of all the bugs that we would like to see fixed just work on getting that lot sorted.

Player retention is all down to game reliability game crashing out multiple times kills off new players who haven't even seen the possibilities yet but are not going to stick around if they cant play fluidly.  I don't know what else to say but just fix the broken bits first or you will never grow it, remember the old Movie Quote "Build it and they will come" that's all you have to do.

Completely agree and very well said. Nothing else to add. Don't know how else to bring this other than that you are completely 100% right.

This is also something we will get back to in the Q&A tomorrow but either way I am not going to deny that there is currently a lot of issues stacked up together. We are working around the clock to fix and improve all of them where the best thing to do right now, which is what we're doing, is keep the heads calm and focus on them one by one, until there is no more issues left to be fixed.

From the other side I would like to address and NOT use as an excuse for this, but this Q&A is done by me and Elias where Elias is only in the scene for his management. He doesn't actually develop the game. Me on the other hand DOES develop the game I am also NOT the person working on the engine. (a.k.a. where most of the current work - fixing issues is at.) Don't get me wrong here, but in the meanwhile we have to make sure that everything else outside of the "fixes / improvements" we keep the rest running as good as possible. I'd like to think in solutions and in this case since neither me and Elias are coders we have the room to do an Q&A and keep that going in the meanwhile where we have Fred (for example) working on fixing the issues, together with the rest of the staff team.

Thank you for this comment that allowed me to explain this matter better. Thanks for understanding and hope to see you tomorrow!

Best Regards,

Sven

• Love 1

I arrived at the Q&A late. I have to say, I was a bit disappointed at what I saw. I was expecting to see a discussion on the most prominent problem that is slowly destroying this game. I would like to suggest that for the next Q&A have a focal point for the discussion.

Just my 2¢

Have a Nice Day!!! B|

16 minutes ago, CampersRUs said:

I arrived at the Q&A late. I have to say, I was a bit disappointed at what I saw. I was expecting to see a discussion on the most prominent problem that is slowly destroying this game. I would like to suggest that for the next Q&A have a focal point for the discussion.

Just my 2¢

Have a Nice Day!!! B|

What do you mean? "on the most prominent problem" - can you explain?

1 hour ago, Sven said:

What do you mean? "on the most prominent problem" - can you explain?

You really need to ask? I'm talking about the instability of the servers. The ping and FPS that fluctuate so much. There are a lot of other issues prevalent in the game, but those issues are secondary. You can fix all the little problems you like. You can load all the fancy little items you like. That is nice. How are the players going to enjoy those nice little additions if they cannot play due to disconnects and freeze-ups. It's like adding all kinds of improvements to a house that look pretty. But, if you don't have a stable foundation to build on, all those things are meaningless.

I have put a lot of thought into what I am about to say. I have decided that I will no longer contribute to these forums. I will also not spend any more money on it. I will continue to read the posts and play the game but my participation is over. I give the developers all the respect they deserve. Over the last 1+ year, I have made suggestions and spoke about problems occurring in the game. I have always tried to be respectful and present my ideas in a professional manner. I know I haven't always done so due to my frustration. Yes, a few have been addressed. But many of them still are present in the game.

It's a fun game. I hope that the future brings success to you and the team and this game. I especially want to thank Vintorez and Heartbreaker. They have been very helpful.

I hope you ALL!!! HAVE A NICE DAY!!! B|

23 minutes ago, CampersRUs said:

You really need to ask? I'm talking about the instability of the servers. The ping and FPS that fluctuate so much. There are a lot of other issues prevalent in the game, but those issues are secondary. You can fix all the little problems you like. You can load all the fancy little items you like. That is nice. How are the players going to enjoy those nice little additions if they cannot play due to disconnects and freeze-ups. It's like adding all kinds of improvements to a house that look pretty. But, if you don't have a stable foundation to build on, all those things are meaningless.

I have put a lot of thought into what I am about to say. I have decided that I will no longer contribute to these forums. I will also not spend any more money on it. I will continue to read the posts and play the game but my participation is over. I give the developers all the respect they deserve. Over the last 1+ year, I have made suggestions and spoke about problems occurring in the game. I have always tried to be respectful and present my ideas in a professional manner. I know I haven't always done so due to my frustration. Yes, a few have been addressed. But many of them still are present in the game.

It's a fun game. I hope that the future brings success to you and the team and this game. I especially want to thank Vintorez and Heartbreaker. They have been very helpful.

I hope you ALL!!! HAVE A NICE DAY!!! B|

I mean, the reason I am actually asking is because you are completely misinformed and unaware of the situations, which I already suspected. Either way, I don't blame you because the Q&A hasn't been uploaded / highlighted until now.

I recommend to watch this back and also to watch back the beginning of the Q&A which according to you you completely missed.

No hard feelings, but literally EXACTLY what you pointed out in this comment is what this Q&A was all about. You probably just tuned in exactly at the wrong moment. :/

Summed up out of my head this is what I can get for you. (If you want more you really have to watch back the Q&A)

The plan is to, as we speak, work on the following issues, fix them and roll them out in a hotfix later today:

Working on:
- FPS Issues - MOST IMPORTANT.
- the issue with high ping players - laggers + anti-lagg fix.
- Airdrop doesnt always come. BIG ISSUE.
- Right / Left / whatever peek. Has to be improved.
- Revive timer -> increase for Open World to 45 seconds instead of 10 and add a sound / indication for PVP servers.
- Available servers / server list / ping limited servers -> reduce adapt more. (follow up on the NA / SA changes).

^ This all + many explanations, examples have been discussed and explained in detail in the Q&A.

Best Regards,

Sven

NOTE: Excuse me if i forgot a point, it's late here, sorry.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, Sven said:

UPDATE: Q&A is finished. For those who missed it, you can watch it back here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQh61wuYDco

Hi Sven. I just watched the Q&A and I owe you an apology. Firstly, I arrived late. Secondly, I wasn't getting the video feed, only the text. You are correct that I was completely unaware of what was discussed. Now that I've watched it, I have a new perspective on the situation. I do understand the difficulty of running and maintaining a game of this magnitude. I will try to be on time for then next Q&A session. My inability to see the stream caused much of my confusion. I am also going to look into changing my Twitch name to this one. Not sure how, but I'll give it a shot. I may scrap the current one and open a different one just for this purpose.

As a way of trying to explain my frustration yesterday, I was talking with a friend on the phone and inadvertently walked into a large group of zombies. You can guess the outcome of that. As I was trying to rejoin, I almost made it to my loot, but without watching my back, I died once again. These two issues are not your fault though, I just needed to pay closer attention to what was going on around me.

Later in that session, my game locked up. I had to quit completely and reload the game from the beginning. When I got back in, I found my loot, but was surprised to see money laying on the ground with it. This was explained to my satisfaction in the Q&A. Makes sense, if the car blew up, it would kill all the zombies around it.

I've had some time to cool down and am recommitted to playing the game. And, I will continue to purchase premium accounts.

You have a great game. Keep up the great work that you all do at Fredakis AB.

I hope I'm able to see the stream for the next Q&A. It was very informative. Thanks very much for putting up me.

As Always, Have a Nice Day!!! B|

6 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

Hi Sven. I just watched the Q&A and I owe you an apology. Firstly, I arrived late. Secondly, I wasn't getting the video feed, only the text. You are correct that I was completely unaware of what was discussed. Now that I've watched it, I have a new perspective on the situation. I do understand the difficulty of running and maintaining a game of this magnitude. I will try to be on time for then next Q&A session. My inability to see the stream caused much of my confusion. I am also going to look into changing my Twitch name to this one. Not sure how, but I'll give it a shot. I may scrap the current one and open a different one just for this purpose.

As a way of trying to explain my frustration yesterday, I was talking with a friend on the phone and inadvertently walked into a large group of zombies. You can guess the outcome of that. As I was trying to rejoin, I almost made it to my loot, but without watching my back, I died once again. These two issues are not your fault though, I just needed to pay closer attention to what was going on around me.

Later in that session, my game locked up. I had to quit completely and reload the game from the beginning. When I got back in, I found my loot, but was surprised to see money laying on the ground with it. This was explained to my satisfaction in the Q&A. Makes sense, if the car blew up, it would kill all the zombies around it.

I've had some time to cool down and am recommitted to playing the game. And, I will continue to purchase premium accounts.

You have a great game. Keep up the great work that you all do at Fredakis AB.

I hope I'm able to see the stream for the next Q&A. It was very informative. Thanks very much for putting up me.

As Always, Have a Nice Day!!! B|

Thanks for getting back to me about this. Started to get worried :/ Thanks for the explanation, I was already thinking something like this (knowing you a bit hehe). I'm glad it's all cleared out now :)

Hopefully we can do another Q&A in like 2 weeks again! :) (Or perhaps even sooner :D )

Oh, and about you dieing from zombies.............

wU6ztdb.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

Thanks for the laugh :D

Keep up the great work!!!

:)

• Thanks 1