Saul Goodman

Ping Limited Server Discussion

110 posts in this topic

It's very anoing when someone who have 150+ ping killing you when u was behind the wall and he promise you about he don't even lagging, and his ping is normal. Make ping limited servers. +1

Guys, like mentioned in the Q&A we found out that our anti-lag system wasn't working as intended. From the next hotfix (rolling out this week) people should always disadvantage from lag, possibly fixing this and making lagswitching useless.

12 minutes ago, Fannti said:

Guys, like mentioned in the Q&A we found out that our anti-lag system wasn't working as intended. From the next hotfix (rolling out this week) people should always disadvantage from lag, possibly fixing this and making lagswitching useless.

it's not just for the ping, it's mathematically impossible for you to find groups of Thais who are less than 40 players ... this makes the players leave the game to go to PUBG or fornite or any other game ... they always play in groups of more than 30 people and this KILLS the pvp, which means that every day we have fewer players and the game is based only on Thailanders, which, the day they get bored because there are no people to play pvp because they will have already thrown out the whole world, they will change emulators or they will go to the new infestation and the newz will be empty

- Open newz, join colorado, 50 thailands waiting any clan (i think no is possible win 50 players spawning each 15 seconds)
- Change to Calliwood, same shit
- Faster pvp (15-20 min)
- Changing game

this is the usual routine of a lot of people in newz right now

31 minutes ago, JaS1Ld0 said:

- Open newz, join colorado, 50 thailands waiting any clan (i think no is possible win 50 players spawning each 15 seconds)

Respaw goes to 5min and 2min for premium++ solves the problem

13 hours ago, JKS said:

Respaw goes to 5min and 2min for premium++ solves the problem

no is only for the instant-respawn, if you play with other 5 friends like me is not possible win 5vs40, is thailand style, i never see thailand players playing less than 40 in newz, but is good for the game Kappa $$$$

Allright, as a test we've just reduced the ping-limited servers in order to squeeze the players together. Let's try this and see what it leads to. For friday the new anti-lag system will be in place, the OW respawn timer is changed to 45 seconds for premium users, a sound is coming for the PvP maps so you can hear when someone respawns among other things. Watch the Q&A replay on twitch.tv/sven where we also answer some questions about the future.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Fannti said:

Allright, as a test we've just reduced the ping-limited servers in order to squeeze the players together. Let's try this and see what it leads to. For friday the new anti-lag system will be in place, the OW respawn timer is changed to 45 seconds for premium users, a sound is coming for the PvP maps so you can hear when someone respawns among other things. Watch the Q&A replay on twitch.tv/sven where we also answer some questions about the future.

Thanks for read us <3 

Hope that it will stop the Thailands <3

On 6/25/2018 at 9:33 AM, jewdiciousorange said:

I  don't  think a full ping  halt is great e specially  for  players like  myself that have no dedicated regional s ervers,  i t  will  mean  we  have no access  just  based  on  where  I am in the  world,   I have a 50GB/s  up  and down  stream fiber  connection while  say some German  may be  playing on a wireless  3G  and  be allowed to  play even though  mine is  a  lot faster.   I can  get  180-200ms in  EU  and  230-280 in  US  or HK,    if  they  are  dropped  to  much  then I  can't  play  at  all  which is  why the  spike  rate needs  to  be  the factor,  if you  have  150ms  but it  spikes  100-150ms  every  couple  seconds it is an unstable connection,   if  you  have  10-30ms  spikes intermittently  then  it is  stable,  if your  spikes are over 50ms  to  often  you  must  get  DC'd.

I really must point out that some of us have really bad internet connection only there only usually one provider in our area when comes in players in the us. Not only that but some providers throttle our internet. Also If you limit players ping below 200-250 they will not be able to play the game. Anything above 300 is bad for any game. As for your statement having a 50GB/s up and down stream you would have no issues connecting anywhere in the world or too the moon for example. Unless you are the ceo of a very huge internet provider company or hosting company please do not make those claims unless you can back that up. The fastest residential internet I have ever heard of was was from a ceo son that gave his mother 40 gbps speeds. I'm sorry even most rich people can't afford that internet. Now I know this is off topic but I really had to catch this guy on a lie. 

Edited by Tyrelis

4 hours ago, Tyrelis said:

I really must point out that some of us have really bad internet connection only there only usually one provider in our area when comes in players in the us. Not only that but some providers throttle our internet. Also If you limit players ping below 200-250 they will not be able to play the game. Anything above 300 is bad for any game. As for your statement having a 50GB/s up and down stream you would have no issues connecting anywhere in the world or too the moon for example. Unless you are the ceo of a very huge internet provider company or hosting company please do not make those claims unless you can back that up. The fastest residential internet I have ever heard of was was from a ceo son that gave his mother 40 gbps speeds. I'm sorry even most rich people can't afford that internet. Now I know this is off topic but I really had to catch this guy on a lie. 

ping is not determined  by speed of internet,   but distance from host to server,  since NewZ has  no  host near  me  I have  180-190 ping whether I use my new fiber line or my old 4mb/s coaxal line.  The only thing  fiber does help with  is  lower  spikes,  almost  no spikes  in ping  ie: 180ms then 230ms  then back to 180ms,  it is almost  flat a t  180ms,  and  everyone else  can  also  be on  netflix or youtube without  killing the  line.