Saul Goodman

Ping Limited Server Discussion

110 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, NAJENDA said:

When will u make the changes and add it to the game? Just asking :3

We have a development meeting on Tuesday and a following Q&A stream so make sure to hop in there! These quick things can be patched fast if we decide to do them so could probably be done before the end of the week, but like I said we need to have the meeting and gather more feedback first.

• Love 2

7 hours ago, NAJENDA said:

Thanks to all the people who help me to bring this idea to the DEVS. MEANS A LOT OF.

<3

I personally will try to be more active here. The fact that you guys have felt unheard so far is a big mistake from our side which we aim to fix. Thank you for the feedback!

• Love 3

14 minutes ago, Fannti said:

I personally will try to be more active here. The fact that you guys have felt unheard so far is a big mistake from our side which we aim to fix. Thank you for the feedback!

We know that all of u have a lot of work so np :)

Thanks for the info <3 

THREAD UPDATES: I have merged the 3 recent and major posts together for the time being with a new name being "Ping Limited Server Discussion". This was done so players and staff alike can read, process, and react to feedback and suggestions accordingly. If you notice any changes or even post removals this was done because they didn't offer anything to the discussion, were toxic, or just plain spam. To be clear NO FEEDBACK was removed, only useless information. I hope these changes encourage everyone to continue to post ideas and feedback.

-Vintorez

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vintorez said:

THREAD UPDATES: I have merged the 3 recent and major posts together for the time being with a new name being "Ping Limited Server Discussion". This was done so players and staff alike can read, process, and

react to feedback and suggestions accordingly. If you notice any changes or even post removals this was done because they didn't offer anything to the discussion, were toxic, or just plain spam. To be clear NO FEEDBACK was removed, only useless information. I hope these changes encourage everyone to continue to post ideas and feedback.

-Vintorez

Great idea !

Thank u for doing it so we can all give our opinion (and not useless information as u said) in the same post <3 .

To sum up:

1. We want to reduce the amount of servers to gather the players in their own region.. For example : If NewZ has six servers (talking about Colo/Cali) you should put four with ping-limit and the others without it (that will allow to the others players of the world to play there).

2. The ping-limit would be perfect around 125-150 ms. It should help to gather all the players in their own region (as I said up).

3. Talking about the pvp maps we would like to see that all the servers will have ping-limit because It's disgusting to see how we are dying by laggers.

Thanks for ur time :)

Edited by NAJENDA

2 hours ago, NAJENDA said:

The ping-limit would be perfect around 125-150 ms. It should help to gather all the players in their own region (as I said up).

I agree to a limit. However, I play at around 130-135 ms. If it's set to 125, I'll be out of the game so I suggest 150 ms.

3 hours ago, Vintorez said:

THREAD UPDATES: I have merged the 3 recent and major posts together for the time being with a new name being "Ping Limited Server Discussion".

Excellent idea Vintorez. It makes it easier to carry on a conversation and discuss the problems in an orderly and intelligent manner. Once a solution can be reached for the ping issue, we have other problems to discuss as you already know. KUDOS MY FRIEND. Keep up the good work.

Edited by CampersRUs

This game need a wipe of everything, and the people will come and everyone happy. Later, the limit of ping.

8 hours ago, Fannti said:

Como dije, tenemos que dejar al menos uno, pero la idea es en ese caso restringir básicamente todos los servidores.

http://prntscr.com/jyz5g7

i also think it's better to put a ping limit on all

24 minutes ago, JaS1Ld0 said:

http://prntscr.com/jyz5g7

i also think it's better to put a ping limit on all

The problem with that from my and others' side is that it will prevent people playing with their friends in other parts of the world. Anyway I'm gonna raise that question too and maybe discuss it on the Q&A, thanks for the input.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, KIPER said:

This game need a wipe of everything, and the people will come and everyone happy. Later, the limit of ping.

We tried wipes in the past with the result of losing the major part of our playerbase. We are not wiping again.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Fannti said:

We tried wipes in the past with the result of losing the major part of our playerbase. We are not wiping again.

Yeah, I'd definitely leave if you wiped everything or anything at all. I have to agree that you lose a large player base. I'm glad you're deciding not to wipe anything again :)

As for the survival servers, I think you should increase the loot a little and the exp it's not rewarding enough and kinda boring as a result. There is a very annoying bug if walk over a sidewalk you have to jump over it. I think if you fix bugs like this it will bring back the player base. I see a lot of players complaining in reviews on steam about the bugs and crashes. Lastly 200-250 ping would be sufficient amount to limit ping wise. Anything over 300 would be bad. 

Edited by Tyrelis

48 minutes ago, Tyrelis said:

Yeah, I'd definitely leave if you wiped everything or anything at all. I have to agree that you lose a large player base. I'm glad you're deciding not to wipe anything again :)

As for the survival servers, I think you should increase the loot a little and the exp it's not rewarding enough and kinda boring as a result. There is a very annoying bug if walk over a sidewalk you have to jump over it. I think if you fix bugs like this it will bring back the player base. I see a lot of players complaining in reviews on steam about the bugs and crashes. Lastly 200-250 ping would be sufficient amount to limit ping wise. Anything over 300 would be bad. 

No my boy, It should be around 125-150 ms. If u wanna talk about the survival do it in the other side :). We're talking about the ping thinggy.

5 hours ago, Fannti said:

The problem with that from my and others' side is that it will prevent people playing with their friends in other parts of the world. Anyway I'm gonna raise that question too and maybe discuss it on the Q&A, thanks for the input.

I know no EU Players who Plays with a HK Player :P

The gun physics are all fine, its not guessing its just aiming don't change the weapon because 1 guy wants to make newz into a dayz alternative -.- the gameplay is rough yes but the gun physics and balances are fine atm, make ars longer range so they aren't at much of a disadvantage against snipers and make all the servers ping limited, hopefully we will get more players this way, we want newz not dayz @jewdiciousorange

• Love 1

I think as a start we could decrease the ping-limited servers squeezing the players playing on them together a bit more and potentially go down on ping limited servers from 2 to 1 on Colorado. Removing them all IMO is a bad option and will not really fix anything - I checked now and over 50% of the players on unlimited colorado officials are asians - solution would rather be IMO to squeeze the EU community to the ping limited servers. I will check tonight again during EU pop and report here so we can make a conclusion together.

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, krys101 said:

The gun physics are all fine, its not guessing its just aiming don't change the weapon because 1 guy wants to make newz into a dayz alternative -.- the gameplay is rough yes but the gun physics and balances are fine atm, make ars longer range so they aren't at much of a disadvantage against snipers and make all the servers ping limited, hopefully we will get more players this way, we want newz not dayz @jewdiciousorange

1)  I mentioned  DayZ in  context  of  game  mode,   DayZ mod  was  the  first  drop in  world  where  players  had  to  survive and  scavange  their  own  loot and  supplies,  there  was not  global  inventory to  store  items and you  used to  lose,   if  you  died you  just  started  again  as  the  game  would  dump  you  into safe  zones  to  start  looting  again until you  got  better  and more  equiped.   This  dynamic  is  what I have  said  survival should  be  and  for  me  open  world  is the  pink elephant  in  the  room,   often  abused by  players with  money to  buy to win,   new  players  cannot  compete  with that.    

2)  Gun  physics are incorrect  as  there is no  corrolation  to actual  ballastics  and  it  seems  to  work on  the  age old  formulas,  ie:   this game  suggests that  a .50cal  has higher drop  rates and  in  cases  less  damage  than  .308 which  the  L96A1  ie:  AWP  uses a  Lapur magnum  round  that  is  almost  identical to a .308  and  with a slight reciever  change  you  can  chamber  .308  or 30-06  rounds,   anyway the  point  being  that a Barret  M86A1 ie:  M107 military class  has  far  superior range and hit power  vs a .308  round,   in  fact  a M107 can  group  3  shots  inside 6 inches over 2.5km's,  a  winchester has  a  max operation  range  about 1.2km  but  at 1km it is  already  lost to  much  energy.  Further a .50  cal c an penetrate  1.25"  steel  at  2km's,   it will  go through  4"  steel  inside a km,  while a  308  lucky to  breach  1.5" inside  600m.    I  have  suggested that  .50's  become ingame pick  ups  with  one  magazine of instakill ie: 5  shots then  it is empty  and  it  randomly  respawns  elsewhere,   further to  reduce  spawn rates  of snipers  by  at  least half the rate  preferably  75% reduction  and  further  to setup a loot  rate  depending  on  the  weapon  itself.

Further  physics  is  that  take a AS VAL  which  is  classified as a  PDW or SMG  uses  heavy 9mm  rounds,  normally solid  tip steel  but has as  much hitting power  as  a  M4A1/3  Carbine which uses the NATO 5.56mm  round.    As  I stated before,  I spent years with  Symthic  developing their stats  for weapon behaviour,  DICE  worked  of  mostly realistic stats or as  close to  manufacturers  specs,   what  symthic  did was tabulate  spread, hip  fire spread, aim  down  site  spread,  crouching  spread, prone spread,  naked  gun  behaviour, attachment  behaviour,  reload times,  which  NewZ needs,   to  effectively shoot  it will require actually aiming  and  the  consequence  of aiming  requires a  moment  where the  player is stationary.    The  necesity to  make it  less  action  shooter which  players hate ie: bad player  support for games  like Doom and Unreal tournament  and  any  other  arcade shooter,  they  had their  time in the  late 90's early 00's,  the  world  is  moving  and  prefers  something  where there  is real  satisfaction  for a  kill,  this is  why Dice  can  do  what they want and  people wll buy battlefield  even  if  they  had to  put  a  technicolour  bush  pig  on t he  cover.   Adding  a  degree  of  realism  even just  50%  will allow a  new  player more  chance to kill,   even  in a  world were  say a  Varesk is  actually useful,   I have about  7000  kills  with a SR2  Varesk in  battlefield,  how  many  people use a Varesk in NewZ  because it is useless?

9 minutes ago, Fannti said:

I think as a start we could decrease the ping-limited servers squeezing the players playing on them together a bit more and potentially go down on ping limited servers from 2 to 1 on Colorado. Removing them all IMO is a bad option and will not really fix anything - I checked now and over 50% of the players on unlimited colorado officials are asians - solution would rather be IMO to squeeze the EU community to the ping limited servers. I will check tonight again during EU pop and report here so we can make a conclusion together.

I  don't  think a full ping  halt is great e specially  for  players like  myself that have no dedicated regional s ervers,  i t  will  mean  we  have no access  just  based  on  where  I am in the  world,   I have a 50GB/s  up  and down  stream fiber  connection while  say some German  may be  playing on a wireless  3G  and  be allowed to  play even though  mine is  a  lot faster.   I can  get  180-200ms in  EU  and  230-280 in  US  or HK,    if  they  are  dropped  to  much  then I  can't  play  at  all  which is  why the  spike  rate needs  to  be  the factor,  if you  have  150ms  but it  spikes  100-150ms  every  couple  seconds it is an unstable connection,   if  you  have  10-30ms  spikes intermittently  then  it is  stable,  if your  spikes are over 50ms  to  often  you  must  get  DC'd.

40 minutes ago, krys101 said:

Please krys, although your point is a valid one, we are trying to keep this thread moving forward on the topic of ping limiting. Thank you. This request also applies to everyone. Please STAY ON TOPIC. This is an important issue that MUST be resolved. If not, all the other issues will be moot. Thank You.

18 minutes ago, Fannti said:

I agree that there should be one server that is unlimited. That way, as you said, players that do have friends in other regions can continue to meet and play together. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that again, the topic seems to be weighted heavily toward PVP. IMO this is a mistake. We ALL deserve the best gaming experience available. I still say that the limit should be around 150ms but no higher than 200ms.

Another 2¢ from yours truly.

Have a Nice Day!!! B|

Edited by CampersRUs
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, CampersRUs said:

Please krys, although your point is a valid one, we are trying to keep this thread moving forward on the topic of ping limiting. Thank you. This request also applies to everyone. Please STAY ON TOPIC. This is an important issue that MUST be resolved. If not, all the other issues will be moot. Thank You.

I agree that there should be one server that is unlimited. That way, as you said, players that do have friends in other regions can continue to meet and play together. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that again, the topic seems to be weighted heavily toward PVP. IMO this is a mistake. We ALL deserve the best gaming experience available. I still say that the limit should be around 150ms but no higher than 200ms.

Another 2¢ from yours truly.

Have a Nice Day!!! B|

The problem mainly is not related to the high ping itself, rather the asians being affected by "The Great Firewall of China" causing them to get packet losses resulting in these lags seen in the video, hence you don't see this with US players playing on EU where the connection stability is way better. Good point mentioning that a lot of people are still looking for the PvE experience, maybe one idea is to keep some colorado servers, just reducing the slots on them clearly separating these 2 audiences? What do you think?

• Thanks 1

It's hard to explain because inglish is not my native language and I use the translator. :(
But, is no have a way to make better ping players have an advantage rather than disadvantage?

Example, (game now,  normal monitor 60fps).
Ping 28ms at server. You can see me in all frames, 60fps
Ping 280ms at server. You can se me 10 times less (teleporting).

Why does not happen;
Ping 28ms. You can see me in all frames, 60fps
Ping 280ms. You see me in first frame, wait for atualization stoped (like a logout or freeze) and it makes me a easy target.

I do not understand why players with low ping, but bad hardware settings are easily killed because they literally stop running in the same place, but high ping players gain superpowers ?!

It's probably a stupid question on my part, but I'd like to understand.:|

13 hours ago, Fannti said:

If the wipe is not possible (I believe that if it is, the snipers would be a good start) make possible the introduction of clan skins, could be events, hours played, etc. There will be thousands and thousands of clans playing full for their skin.
The super cup is fine, but both times already won clans that already have skin, and it's only possible for the few clans that have good players with a lot of experience.

P.D. I say this, because a ping limit is not going to help the game because there are not many players in the game.

Edited by KIPER

7 hours ago, jewdiciousorange said:

1)  I mentioned  DayZ in  context  of  game  mode,   DayZ mod  was  the  first  drop in  world  where  players  had  to  survive and  scavange  their  own  loot and  supplies,  there  was not  global  inventory to  store  items and you  used to  lose,   if  you  died you  just  started  again  as  the  game  would  dump  you  into safe  zones  to  start  looting  again until you  got  better  and more  equiped.   This  dynamic  is  what I have  said  survival should  be  and  for  me  open  world  is the  pink elephant  in  the  room,   often  abused by  players with  money to  buy to win,   new  players  cannot  compete  with that.    

2)  Gun  physics are incorrect  as  there is no  corrolation  to actual  ballastics  and  it  seems  to  work on  the  age old  formulas,  ie:   this game  suggests that  a .50cal  has higher drop  rates and  in  cases  less  damage  than  .308 which  the  L96A1  ie:  AWP  uses a  Lapur magnum  round  that  is  almost  identical to a .308  and  with a slight reciever  change  you  can  chamber  .308  or 30-06  rounds,   anyway the  point  being  that a Barret  M86A1 ie:  M107 military class  has  far  superior range and hit power  vs a .308  round,   in  fact  a M107 can  group  3  shots  inside 6 inches over 2.5km's,  a  winchester has  a  max operation  range  about 1.2km  but  at 1km it is  already  lost to  much  energy.  Further a .50  cal c an penetrate  1.25"  steel  at  2km's,   it will  go through  4"  steel  inside a km,  while a  308  lucky to  breach  1.5" inside  600m.    I  have  suggested that  .50's  become ingame pick  ups  with  one  magazine of instakill ie: 5  shots then  it is empty  and  it  randomly  respawns  elsewhere,   further to  reduce  spawn rates  of snipers  by  at  least half the rate  preferably  75% reduction  and  further  to setup a loot  rate  depending  on  the  weapon  itself.

Further  physics  is  that  take a AS VAL  which  is  classified as a  PDW or SMG  uses  heavy 9mm  rounds,  normally solid  tip steel  but has as  much hitting power  as  a  M4A1/3  Carbine which uses the NATO 5.56mm  round.    As  I stated before,  I spent years with  Symthic  developing their stats  for weapon behaviour,  DICE  worked  of  mostly realistic stats or as  close to  manufacturers  specs,   what  symthic  did was tabulate  spread, hip  fire spread, aim  down  site  spread,  crouching  spread, prone spread,  naked  gun  behaviour, attachment  behaviour,  reload times,  which  NewZ needs,   to  effectively shoot  it will require actually aiming  and  the  consequence  of aiming  requires a  moment  where the  player is stationary.    The  necesity to  make it  less  action  shooter which  players hate ie: bad player  support for games  like Doom and Unreal tournament  and  any  other  arcade shooter,  they  had their  time in the  late 90's early 00's,  the  world  is  moving  and  prefers  something  where there  is real  satisfaction  for a  kill,  this is  why Dice  can  do  what they want and  people wll buy battlefield  even  if  they  had to  put  a  technicolour  bush  pig  on t he  cover.   Adding  a  degree  of  realism  even just  50%  will allow a  new  player more  chance to kill,   even  in a  world were  say a  Varesk is  actually useful,   I have about  7000  kills  with a SR2  Varesk in  battlefield,  how  many  people use a Varesk in NewZ  because it is useless?

You still forget this is a game, not real gun ballistics simulator but newz... also @CampersRUs You are right and I am sorry for going off topic, the ping limit idea is good and I agree completely and also @Fanntithe pve players and splitting servers into pvp and pve would be amazing, new players can loot in peace while the pvpers get the action they want and all because they would have to choose for good pvp on stable ping or pvp against thais which is unfair, I bet everyone will finally get the idea and have fun together on the ping limited servers, and btw is getting 8 shots into your head and instantly dying in 1 sec also ping related? or is it serverside, sometimes while pvping players experience BIG lagspikes and all of a sudden they get all the shots in 1 second straight. The bad thing about this is that it only affects some players and others not, It really depends on the connection is what I think but ping limit should protect against that I hope :D

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Fannti said:

The problem mainly is not related to the high ping itself, rather the asians being affected by "The Great Firewall of China" causing them to get packet losses resulting in these lags seen in the video, hence you don't see this with US players playing on EU where the connection stability is way better. Good point mentioning that a lot of people are still looking for the PvE experience, maybe one idea is to keep some colorado servers, just reducing the slots on them clearly separating these 2 audiences? What do you think?

We can try it but I'm still thinking that you should do what I said before about the six servers,etc...

The thing is that it's too hard to play vs them when they're lagging all the time and insta-killing you with one bullet and also teleporting...

If you have four regions in the game it's for something...

2 cents from me.

So recently i started playing Open World pretty often nad trying to get some rep and what i realised for past week is that that everybody hates thais and have problems iwth them and not only thais.

Problem is many players are abusing their pings against eu/na players.In one day i can gather enough videos of ppl killing me thru the shileds,walls or even 1 tapping me with ar 10 sec after i jump behind cover.Since im veteran im only getting pissed and then playing otehr games with no such a problem.But ppl who are new will simply uninstall this game because getting killed behind walls and thru the shields is making this game unplayable at the current state when servers are kinda popped,we have new respawn system and everyone has 10k shields and pvp is becoming a mess instead of skill bassed experience.Cuz believe me in past we had nice 1v1's among players and other great things and now everyone (including me) is just toxic and bored of current state of playing PvP on the small maps.YOu spawn and get killed instantly and then u died beihnd wall etc cuz of thais.Many players are from eu/sa and yesterday i even asked ppl oin 20/20 rocky where are they from and noone of them were from thailand-like counties so dont tell me that thais are the only players because we,EU,NA players can play without them.They are just a problem that needs to be solved and separated otherwise in couple months game will die and someone will create new emulator only for eu players...

• Love 1