Saul Goodman

Ping Limited Server Discussion

110 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, NAJENDA said:

Look how 'em play m8s, they're playing with 377ms...

They see you moving in all the frames, but you see them with updates of 15 in 15 fames. 

Shot>>Back scope>> Jump >> 1,5Meters >> dead

• Love 2

Anyways, regarding the topic. We added beginner servers. You just can't see them.

Removing the re-spawn system will kill the game, I can agree tho that adding a 1 minute cool-down would be different business.

Ping limiting EU server will also kill the game. Asian players only want to play EU, they make 60% of newz's playerbase.

The Q&A arent happening because simply, we dont have time.

We hired 1 guy to literally give streamers/youtubers their attention?? or am i missing somehting.

My 2 cents.

6 minutes ago, Fredaikis said:

Ping limiting EU server will also kill the game. Asian players only want to play EU, they make 60% of newz's playerbase.

why asian ppl not playing on theirs hk servers,because they have advantage and playing on eu servers with 300ms.

Edited by DinoX

4 minutes ago, DinoX said:

why asian ppl not playing on theri hk servers,because they have advantage and playing on eu servers with 300ms.

I think the reason is because they get really bad connections to them anyway.

For a good connection in asia would require us to add servers in pretty much each country to satisfy everybody, as their network is really clogged and bad.

Thus the prefer to play 300 ms, but at least stable 300 ms.

4 minutes ago, Silenterror said:

I don't know who is saying this but it totally not true. They join EU because their are high pop all the time. Go and try it out by yourself, play on hk server and you will see, it's not fun.

i cant play on hk servers because no one playing :D

Again you are not reading.
60% of community is Asia people that loves ti play on EU with stable 300ms, right?

Its ok, its totally fine BUT we, the remaining 40% dont want those people playing with us, nobody loves to play against huge clan that moves in 300ms killing us behind walls and riots.

SOLUTION:
Ping limit servers all server to 100-150ms MAX, and leave one server open for the Asia people and let them enjoy fighting equally among themselves.

If you wont be doing that, you will soon have 100% Asia players and nobody from EU.

27 minutes ago, Fredaikis said:

My cpu is at 5% in the main menu...

Im not anonymous so i will write everything i want publicly until you decide to delete things i write.
Im not stupid, and im more than sure that guy who made anticheat for his own cheats is more than capable to make his pc immune to minining in his own game, Peace <3

I didnt write you are doing this, just pointing it out that its fishy. 

Edited by linvus

36 minutes ago, Fredaikis said:

Anyways, regarding the topic. We added beginner servers. You just can't see them.

Removing the re-spawn system will kill the game, I can agree tho that adding a 1 minute cool-down would be different business.

The Q&A arent happening because simply, we dont have time.

We hired 1 guy to literally give streamers/youtubers their attention?? or am i missing somehting.

My 2 cents.

And why are Asian Players 60% of the playerbase? Because all EU People left the game because of thailand peoples. 

Its not fun to play on  a non ping limited server for EU players:

-You die behind Shields, Walls ect.

-Thailand Players lag to much
-You play vs 40 people clan

-new spawn system is to fast

When you nothing change (my only solution is all ping limited server) more and more people will left the game, and then your playerbase is 90% of asians players - but then the asians have nobody to fight. The half of my Clan have left the game because of THIS.

You have to think about the future of the game, not only the present.

• Love 3

I agree on the thai problem , most of my friends want to leave just bc of them .

The only solution will surely be making eu servers ping limited.

I know youll say it will kill the population on the eu servers. But its not. The EU players dont want any longer to fight thais . And bc of them, the eu population will die and only asians will play this game . Sad but true 

Edited by alinush224
  • Love 1

So you just basically told us you prefer to have more Asian players on EU servers ? That means that you won't even try to fix the problems THEY are causing and with that YOU are losing people who actually speak English and actually would like to promote your game so you could grow and compete with anything on market. And your answer to the accusation of using our PC to mine bitcoins... REALLY ???. We were joking at first that is the problem, but please kind sir... explain to us in IT language why is my RYZEN 7 unable to have as good as performance like your 5% in Main Menu ?
Just imagine yourself for moment that you just found out about INFESTATION on this date, in this state. You download the game play it for little while see the potential the game has. Then suddenly some letters in chat you can't even fathom, people teleport from tree to tree, kill you from behind the walls, riots shields and all the shit we are going through every time we enter the game. Convince me please why would you continue to play this game ? Give me just one good reason. Of course you will probably answer just part of the question and act like you gave us something concrete but the truth is you don't care. You don't even play your game... and you actually have no reason nor will to do it.

Edited by stexocaster

Yeah i agree on most of the things.I also sometimes wondering what would happen if the game got released on steam with current state...cuz imho 2 years ago when game got on steam was the mst amazing thing ever cuz pvp was all over the place and many players returend to  the game.Now you are only fighting the same ppl all over again cuz simply there are no more players comming.The thing that bothers me the most is current state of survival and lack of updates for it even if gm is out for a year now.Regards

Edited by SurZeus
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Silenterror said:

I don't know who is saying this but it totally not true. They join EU because their are high pop all the time. Go and try it out by yourself, play on hk server and you will see, it's not fun.

Thais are the max. players on EU Servers and they are 24/7 on the server and they abuse the ping - this is a fact.
The EU players have to meet on a Ping limit server, but they are empty - the solution also here is: Make all on EU server Ping limit, the result is that the EU Players meet again to fight each other with a clean gameplay without ping abuse. (This will take a bit of time, but old EU players will comeback to the game)
Then you make all eu server Ping limited the Thai players MUST play on their on servers - Thais vs Thais and EU vs EU how it must should be.

in your view thais have not fun to play on eu server, right? That is the solution there? yes...  ping limited servers...

Edited by Freddy D
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, nightfall said:

no answer from devs in this topic neither, that's sad xD

I think they are getting tired of hearing all the complaints. Maybe it will motivate them to actually FIX the PROBLEMS that are destroying this game.

• Love 1

The games been dying for months because of these problems and you guys do nothing what's new. Fred or other devs/mods just bash us for giving our opinons because they dont agree with them. GG wp, why support a game where they dont help the community in anyway or listen. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Hey everyone I thought I would chime in here (although I might not be the person people want a post from), I agree and think most of the issues brought up here in this post are major concerns right now and you guys HAVE been heard. I'm not the right person to comment on this as you all know but I felt something from me was better then nothing, the second reason for posting was to put some things to bed that have been said here.

#1: Bitcoin mining, simply said no there is nothing like this going on. The goal is to reduce unneeded system resource usage as much as possible and this is simply the opposite.

#2: I want to improve community interaction between staff and players as much as the next person, and in regards to partners and streamers some much needed changes are being discussed internally and among partners and more information regarding that will come soon i'm sure. Myself, Chupa, Kazmight, and Heartbreaker and among the ones working on this the most.

#3: Skins are HIGHLY controversial, but what needs to be understood is that revenue from them keep the doors open sort to speak, and they help pay for things in the end in a free-to-play game. I feel players are against them recently because there is the idea that instead of fixing crashing or other hot issues someone else is working on skins. But this is not the case, different people obviously have different skills and work on different things. Simply said there are multiple people doing multiple things at different times of the day in the priority of what needs to be done first (skins fall to the bottom of that list of course). But I can't argue with the suggestion that their production and release be scaled back a tiny bit if desired.

#4: As to the new map i'm not the right person to discuss this, simply because I don't know what I am talking about. But I do know that in the final product we obviously want it running as smoothly as possible.

#5: Nobody's opinions or comments will be removed UNLESS they are blatantly breaking forum rules, in my opinion the tough stuff needs to be said by the community. Only then can things improve in the end.

#6: I like Q&A's as much as the next person but as someone else above said they have taken a backseat recently, but I want them to return of course. A middle-ground for the moment is the "devupdates" channel in discord for the moment for updates regarding fixes and issues.

#7: Bringing issues to my attention will never make me disrespect you in any way, if another staff member did behave in this way I don't support it and it should be reported to the appropriate person. In this case that would be Chupa, or Elias.

Whew, my hands hurt a little bit but it was worth it in my opinion. As always I encourage this thread to stay active and people to continue to post their feedback and input, just please keep it mostly on topic and respectful as possible. Nobody likes a flame war I would hope. If you guys need anything you know how to reach me. :)<3

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, CampersRUs said:

I think they are getting tired of hearing all the complaints. Maybe it will motivate them to actually FIX the PROBLEMS that are destroying this game.

Already is reminding to me the old ISS with modifications that nobody asked for and maps that nobody wants.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, Fredaikis said:

Ping limiting EU server will also kill the game. Asian players only want to play EU,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news Fred, but you are wrong. All of you seem to be addressing this issue from a PVP point of view. I tried PVP but got tired of, every time I spawned, I would get insta-killed by some camper that had a fix on the spawn spots. For that reason, I will not go back. I even gave Survival a try. I liked the setup for that, but that has gone NOWHERE. I kept readiing promise after promise that there were improvements coming. But these never materialized. I use for an example the crafting aspect. How can you introduce a crafting area, and give the players NO TOOLS to work with? So, I also left that server group too.

So, that brings up my next point. What about those of us that prefer PVE? WE are overrun with Asian players in the NA server. Their high pings are making it really difficult to play. It's almost as if they have a built in exploit. If you are so sure they ONLY play on the EU servers, then you can ping limit the NA/SA servers. Yes, they do have the right to be able to play the game. They don't have the right to ruin gameplay for everyone else however.

I'm still trying to get SOMEBODY to REMOVE ALL THOSE EXTRANEOUS BOULDER PILES!!! It's getting old being stuck on a pile of rocks when it's next to impossible to control the vehicles.

I also posted something in the Support & Feedback section under CRASH REPORTS. I never received any answer for it.

I also started compiling a list of the 'daily' rewards for paid accounts. What I started seeing is an over abundance of K. Style NVG helmets. and Custom Guerilla armor. 10 of each is way too much. Having played for about 1 1/2 years now, I have such a high quantity of both those items, I'll never use them all. Even if I get killed 25 times a day. If you want to leave them in the rotation, drop the quantity down to 1 or 2. In a 14 day period I received 30 helmets and 20 armor. Maybe, if you want to do something with the vacant storefronts at the safe zones, you could turn them into an exchange area where we could reduce our inventory and get some money to buy other items. I think around 10% - 15% is a reasonable exchange. I know this doesn't generate any revenue, but it would be a nice incentive to get and KEEP some new players. And maybe, those new players would spend more to play. I know I'm growing weary of spending my money. I've had a paid upgrade for well over a year now.

All we are doing here Fred, is trying our damnedest to keep this game alive.

This is just MY 2¢ worth.

Have a Nice Day!!! B|

Edited by CampersRUs
  • Love 1

But i have a question here: if no one is playing on the ping limited servers, why would ping limiting all the servers fix that? Are we talking about pvp servers or open world?

9 hours ago, Zecrasta said:

The games been dying for months because of these problems and you guys do nothing what's new. Fred or other devs/mods just bash us for giving our opinons because they dont agree with them. GG wp, why support a game where they dont help the community in anyway or listen. 

Trust me, we are trying our best. Right now our community is split in two, and both sides (you guys and the ’thais’) are equally important to us. We have feedback from both sides, and we try to meet in the middle most of the time.

12 hours ago, linvus said:

Again you are not reading.
60% of community is Asia people that loves ti play on EU with stable 300ms, right?

Its ok, its totally fine BUT we, the remaining 40% dont want those people playing with us, nobody loves to play against huge clan that moves in 300ms killing us behind walls and riots.

SOLUTION:
Ping limit servers all server to 100-150ms MAX, and leave one server open for the Asia people and let them enjoy fighting equally among themselves.

If you wont be doing that, you will soon have 100% Asia players and nobody from EU.

Im not anonymous so i will write everything i want publicly until you decide to delete things i write.
Im not stupid, and im more than sure that guy who made anticheat for his own cheats is more than capable to make his pc immune to minining in his own game, Peace <3

I didnt write you are doing this, just pointing it out that its fishy. 

To be honest i have no clue why, i want to note that I’m using FAC 2.0 which will be released to the public when the closed beta is over. I havent worled on the old anticheat for months, only updated the cheat databases.

But send me a profiling for about 30 seconds and i’ll have a look.

3 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news Fred, but you are wrong. All of you seem to be addressing this issue from a PVP point of view. I tried PVP but got tired of, every time I spawned, I would get insta-killed by some camper that had a fix on the spawn spots. For that reason, I will not go back. I even gave Survival a try. I liked the setup for that, but that has gone NOWHERE. I kept readiing promise after promise that there were improvements coming. But these never materialized. I use for an example the crafting aspect. How can you introduce a crafting area, and give the players NO TOOLS to work with? So, I also left that server group too.

So, that brings up my next point. What about those of us that prefer PVE? WE are overrun with Asian players in the NA server. Their high pings are making it really difficult to play. It's almost as if they have a built in exploit. If you are so sure they ONLY play on the EU servers, then you can ping limit the NA/SA servers. Yes, they do have the right to be able to play the game. They don't have the right to ruin gameplay for everyone else however.

I'm still trying to get SOMEBODY to REMOVE ALL THOSE EXTRANEOUS BOULDER PILES!!! It's getting old being stuck on a pile of rocks when it's next to impossible to control the vehicles.

I also posted something in the Support & Feedback section under CRASH REPORTS. I never received any answer for it.

I also started compiling a list of the 'daily' rewards for paid accounts. What I started seeing is an over abundance of K. Style NVG helmets. and Custom Guerilla armor. 10 of each is way too much. Having played for about 1 1/2 years now, I have such a high quantity of both those items, I'll never use them all. Even if I get killed 25 times a day. If you want to leave them in the rotation, drop the quantity down to 1 or 2. In a 14 day period I received 30 helmets and 20 armor. Maybe, if you want to do something with the vacant storefronts at the safe zones, you could turn them into an exchange area where we could reduce our inventory and get some money to buy other items. I think around 10% - 15% is a reasonable exchange. I know this doesn't generate any revenue, but it would be a nice incentive to get and KEEP some new players. And maybe, those new players would spend more to play. I know I'm growing weary of spending my money. I've had a paid upgrade for well over a year now.

All we are doing here Fred, is trying our damnedest to keep this game alive.

This is just MY 2¢ worth.

Have a Nice Day!!! B|

I appreciate you constant efforts here in the forum :)

Many points pointed out are very good.

As for the thread, your points and suggestions won’t go unnoticed, but I do ask people here for some respect too, we worked so damn hard to provide this f2p game for everybody here.

Regards

Hi,

Happy to see many of you getting involved in the discussion. As for LinvuS, if you have the time I'd gladly call with you to discuss your ideas for further development. Contact me here or send me an email at [email protected] and we'll set something up. This goes for the rest of you as well.

What we've realized from the Staff's side is that we have to be better at listening to our community and as a first step in improving that we are going to start doing Q&As again. I am also working on setting up some kind of feedback/poll system where we can pitch ideas directly to engaged community members in order to get feedback.

If we can leave the pointless questions about bitcoin mining and such, I'd like to bring up some ideas in direct response to your demands to discussion:

• What does everyone think about restricting the EU servers (leaving one out for ppl to play with the rest of the world if they wish) but also reduce the amount of officials in order to squeeze the community into the servers more and then expand this as we grow?'

• What about adding a longer spawn timer for the respawn system?'

• We've had an idea from our community that we should make it so that you choose where to spawn/respawn in Open World in order to prevent spawncamping, what do you guys think about this?

We've also had an idea to give more purpose/grind to the game by adding missions and events, for instance:

• Contracts with different difficulties that you can buy for GD or recieve as drops/loot ingame with an objective, e.g. "Kill X zombies in X hours and recieve X Game Dollars/XP", "Win 10 battle royales in 1 week and recieve X amount of GD/XP/skin"

• Bounty system that allows you to put a GD price on someone's head in a server

• Events like random deathmatches, sudden zombie hordes etc.

These are just some examples of missions and events and I would like to ask everyone about their opinion on this. Is it something you would like? Would it be something that would keep you playing our game or do you wish for something else to be done? (Remember that these are new things we wanna add and crash fixes/improvements are constantly being worked on)

Let me know what you guys think. I'm excited to hear your thoughts and very thankful for expressing your opinions.

Best,

Elias

• Thanks 2

What does everyone think about restricting the EU/NA servers (leaving one out for ppl to play with the rest of the world if they wish) but also reduce the amount of officials in order to squeeze the community into the servers more and then expand this as we grow?

Guys, I'm sorry you've felt unheard on this topic for such a long time,

I think a solution in order to fix this is to ping-limit the major part of the officials while also leaving maybe 1-2 non-limited so people can play with their friends on the other side of the world while also reducing the amount of officials squeezing the playerbase together into the servers, what do you guys think about this as a first step?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Elias

• Love 1

38 minutes ago, Fannti said:

Guys, I'm sorry you've felt unheard on this topic for such a long time,

I think a solution in order to fix this is to ping-limit the major part of the officials while also leaving maybe 1-2 non-limited so people can play with their friends on the other side of the world while also reducing the amount of officials squeezing the playerbase together into the servers, what do you guys think about this as a first step?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Elias

It's a good idea tbh, but you can remove a lot of officials and put around six server ; 4 Servers with ping-limit and 2 without it (talking about Colo&Cali).

You should put the ping-limit in all the pvp maps, it's kinda sad to see all this laggers flying around and killing u with one bullet.

As I said it's a nice first step, we can try it and also thank u <3 .

Edited by NAJENDA