kazmightONFIRE

Instant Revive System - Feedback

44 posts in this topic

Dear community,

For the past few weeks, we have seen a lot of complaints regarding the Instant Revive System. In order to solve this issue, we would like to hear your suggestions and reports on the matter. We are aware that there has been potential new issues (like FPS, spawn camping, etc...) and we would like your feedback to find the best way to resolve this. 

If you have any suggestion or feedback about this system, even if it's 'remove it' or 'keep it', let us know in the comments!

Best regards,

// The New Z - Staff Team

eu particularmente gostei do sistema de respawn, mais o fps esta dropando muito e tendo muito cogelamento exemplo ( 1 v1 a tela meio q da uma congelado e apareço morto) meu pc nao é ruim pq jogo pub no tudo no alto a 100 de fps  :) / I particularly liked the respawn system, but the fps is dropping a lot and having a lot of cogging. Example (1 v1 the screen means a frozen one and I appear dead) My pc is not bad because the pub game is not all high up at 100 fps: )

• Love 1

On big maps like caliwood , colorado and oregon , the respawn is good as it is .

But on the short pvp maps you would need to add something extra , either you add longer timer on pvp servers or you add something that makes players to not move for 2 seconds after they respawn OR a sound for respawn just so nearby players can be warned when a player spawns

Edited by alinush224
  • Love 1

Hola amigo;

It is good in the PVP servers and servers of warming since it becomes more dynamic and attractive, but in the open world they should remove it since it consumes fps, there are the campers, and also when you kill someone, it returns to appear near you in a matter of seconds .

Edited by Fabricio FabriXipo
  • Love 1

My personal opinion is I like it, it keeps you from staring at loading screens.  I just think doubling the revive timer or making it 45 secs would help with the reasons people don't like it.

• Love 1

For me its good on colorado and big maps,because thats helping me a lot,i have better fps etc.But u need to remove that from smaller pvp maps like rocky.

• Love 1

honestly, me and my friends, our only issue, is in like caliwood when we die, we literally spawn across the map after 2 deaths, so its just a waste of GD and time to walk or to take a bus stop back, we either have to waste time logging out and grouping up to spawn together or walking 20 minutes to a fight just to die and spawn across the map again. 
so our idea is to make it so the spawns are closer to where you died, not like super close but enough to keep us in the fight. its just boring walking back after almost every death.

• Love 1

Think its fine for PVP servers as it is now. For offi servers maybe double the respawn time or remove it so u have to log out like how it was back in the days

• Confused 1

There is a bug where the item in BP between the fifth or sixth line does not load in the loadout.

FPS drop all times (spikes) 63 (lock) to 51 and back to 63 at one, two seconds (and ping 28ms to 148ms and back).
Random respaw time.
Longer loading time on full servers.
Highest number of crashes when loging following clan.
Big clans back to your back easily.

Random respawn at 500m from death and with a longer waiting time (1m) may solve the clan problem.

My PC:
FX8300, 16GbDDR3 1600Mhz, GA-970A, RX480, XFX 850W, 2X250Gb Raid-0, 120Mb/10Mb at 28ms "stock ping" in SA servers.

3 minutes ago, JKS said:

There is a bug where the item in BP between the fifth or sixth line does not load in the loadout.

FPS drop all times (spikes) 63 (lock) to 51 and back to 63 at one, two seconds (and ping 28ms to 148ms and back).
Random respaw time.
Longer loading time on full servers.
Highest number of crashes when loging following clan.
Big clans back to your back easily.

Random respawn at 500m from death and with a longer waiting time (1m) may solve the clan problem.

My PC:
FX8300, 16GbDDR3 1600Mhz, GA-970A, RX480, XFX 850W, 2X250Gb Raid-0, 120Mb/10Mb at 28ms "stock ping" in SA servers.

Yes, that is exactly what are investigating with this system. You pretty much covered all the issues that we feel that could be caused by it. 

9 minutes ago, GamerKrissy said:

I think that spawn system only belongs in PVP servers only :)

What she said

no seriously i think it would be better if its only for pvp servers for Open World it would make more sense 

to put it back like it was

(logout, equip, join)

Edited by PAAAUUULLOOOH
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

As a personal opinion and as a player, I like the system the new system of respawn in-game but only for PVP Servers, for open world I can not find the meaning, it takes away the old feeling of having to reload your things and enter the server . I understand that this new system helps many of our players, but my point of view is that it would have to be redone to make it really useful, surely among all we can provide a good feeback for this to happen 

• Love 1

I dont mind it, and this its a nice feature, but:

I think the revive timer shoulder be a bit longer. Why -> If you kill a group, they are pretty much on your back in a matter of seconds again before you have time to do anything. (open world) Else just remove it completely from open world.

(PvP server) I dont like it at all in small PvP maps like rocky BUT not because of the system, but the to low timer. Because you can pretty much kill someone, and then he might spawn right behind you after a few seconds. But a higer timer would help in this case. 

But i do like the idea, because in pvp server...... if you died alot, you watched that loading screen way to much xD

So overall i like the idea, but the timer needs to be way higer the smaller the map. But even on open world. Because if you solo, or just co-up against a group of 4+, they will be back on you non-stop and you will end up loosing pretty much because there is no "hole" in the fight, to pick up meds and ammo again.

Edited by Shaleh
  • Love 1

First of all you guys remember pvp servers without instant respawn... gosh it was like 50% loading screen simulator especially on rocky ford. Especially when you are not so good, you die a lot and end up with 5 seconds of gameplay versus a minute of dis- and reconnecting. 

The revive option is great as you get more playtime and less transition/waiting.  You also can argue that premium got more valuable with this so increased sales $$$$

I think it is definitly fine for pvp servers. Maybe you need to look into the maximum number of players though just because the effective number of players on the server increased by about 5. Usually you always had people on rocky that were currently connecting or disconnecting so you never actually had more than 15 people fighting even on a full server.

Open world has a few issues though.

a) Them window for looting your "prey" got a lot smaller. This is espacially hard when you kill somebody from distance or on open field.

b) You spawn far away and way more random. Open world group fights turn into fiestas even more quickly. At some point it is just every man fighting for himselve

I can see insta revive being disbled in open world as it is not as necessary and the playtime/loading time ratio is pretty good anyways, but that would be a waste of all the time you put into tha revive system. There have to be other solutions and balancing ideas. Why not higher the timer while lowering the distance at  the same time? Or make it so you preferably spawn close to teammates or in the opposite direction to your killer?

I think you can play arround with that, people are upset anyways ^^

The fps/freeze issues never happened to me honestly, but I see this needs a fix. A fix , not just disabling the feature.

I have no issue with the respawn iteself but i often get items missing from my load out that i know are there but dont appear when i repawn such as nvg or my melee weapon wont be there if though its in there

If you guys really dont like the respawn sistem on official servers ( as i can see above ), why not make the revive timer to 1 minute ? ( it takes 1 min for me to log back in Kappa , ssd powa xD )

I think that new system was the worst update so far, Everyone decreases KDR, spend all loot, fps issues, reputation doesnt mean nothing anymore. I think the previous system was good, A good idea could be like servers for your reputation, for example: 1 rocky for people 100k rep less, 200-500k rep, 500- 2M, and one server free for everyone. It improve skills overall. And another thing, at event servers, it would be cool if there's an spectator mode for group, in that way the game would look more competitive, even at big events xD

41 minutes ago, ldk21 said:

I think that new system was the worst update so far, Everyone decreases KDR, spend all loot, fps issues, reputation doesnt mean nothing anymore. I think the previous system was good, A good idea could be like servers for your reputation, for example: 1 rocky for people 100k rep less, 200-500k rep, 500- 2M, and one server free for everyone. It improve skills overall. And another thing, at event servers, it would be cool if there's an spectator mode for group, in that way the game would look more competitive, even at big events xD

Valid points mostly, but... 
1. It just speeds up the process of coming back to the server. So if everyone's KDR go down, that is because they are dying too much, the only thing the system does to that is making it FASTER. KDR is a simple calculation with your kills and deaths. 
2. Reputation hasn't meant anything for a long time... With all the account swapping that has happened and with the PvP server, you have more reputation if you play longer, not if you play better. 

• Love 1