Sven

North / South America Server Changes

26 posts in this topic

wj2pQIa.jpg

Dear players,

First of all this post is mainly aimed to our South and North American community. Based on your feedback, reports and complaints we have decided to change up some things related to the servers in the North and South American regions. We would like to make clear that these changes are not permanent where we are aiming to improve the populations in these servers permanently. Based on the changes we have done after this announcement we would like to ask you for your feedback so that we can keep improving the available servers and their settings.

We will go through the changes with you and we will do our best to explain exactly why we have changed these things individually.

The main reason(s) that we are doing these changes is because of the following:

• We are getting a lot of complaints from mainly South American players in the South American region about players playing in these servers that have a bad connection / high ping.
  • Our North and South American server populations are much lower than they should be, considering the amount of players in those regions are online. We feel this change will encourage players from those regions to stick to their region/nearby regions, rather than everyone joining servers where they have high ping (like South Americans in EU servers). 

With these changes we are aiming to fit the North and South American servers more towards the current community size. In the end we are always able to expand servers again and add more game servers if the demand increases in these regions.

Now, let's jump into the exact changes for each region:

South America

All ping limited servers that had 150 ms ping limit are increased to 250 ms ping limit. On this point we ask you all for as much feedback as possible!

• PVP SERVERS:
    • All 6 PVP Servers are now ping limited to 250 ms. (This means any player that has a higher ping than 250 ms will not be able to join these servers). This change here is mainly to experiment a little bit and see if it improves anything for the South American players.

• PREMIUM SERVERS:
    • 2 out of the 4 Premium Servers are now ping limited from 250 ms. (1 Colorado, 1 Colorado V1)

• OFFICIAL SERVERS:
    • 1 Trade Lounge server has been removed. There were 2 and that was just too many for this region. 1 is enough for now since the EU trading server has become the main trading server for all the community. 
    • 1 Oregon server has been removed. There were 3 and now there is 2. 1 Oregon server is ping limited from 250 ms, the other one isn't but is clan limited to 10 people. With these changes we aim to get the ping limited servers more populated starting a "snow ball" effect where even more players start joining these servers and at the same time avoid players from other regions playing here.
    • 3 Colorado V2 servers stay but will now have the following settings: 2 Colorado servers are ping limited from 250 ms. The other one isn't but is clan limited to 10 people. With these changes we aim to get the ping limited servers more populated starting a "snow ball" effect where even more players start joining these servers and at the same time avoid players from other regions playing here.
    • All the AR ONLY servers have been removed. These servers were mainly used for farming and were practically splitting the already thin community. We do have to say that we would like to make the AR ONLY servers more event-based where we might do events in the future where these type of servers are available for X amount of time only.
    • 3 Caliwood servers stay but will now have the following settings: 2 Caliwood servers are ping limited from 250 ms. The other one isn't but is clan limited to 10 people. With these changes we aim to get the ping limited servers more populated starting a "snow ball" effect where even more players start joining these servers and at the same time avoid players from other regions playing here.

Here is a picture of the result of the changes:
      Ys6LLde.png

The main reason we have added so many ping limited servers here is mainly to experiment and see if this adapts more to the demands of the players in this region. If this works, we will use the same kind of ideas for further improvements possibly in the European servers too.

North America

All ping limited servers are set to 200 ms ping limit. On this point we ask you all for as much feedback as possible!

• PVP SERVERS:
    • "Fixed" the unnecessary 2 extra Rocky Ford servers. Now there is 6 Servers in total: 1 Rocky Ford AR ONLY, 1 Rocky Ford Normal, 1 Rocky Ford SNP ONLY, 1 Spring Valley AR ONLY, 1 Spring Valley Normal and 1 Spring Valley SNP ONLY. 

• OFFICIAL SERVERS:
    • 1 Trade Lounge server has been removed. There were 2 and that was just too many for this region. 1 is enough for now.
    • 1 Oregon server has been removed. There were 3 and now there is 2. 1 Oregon server is ping limited to 250 ms, the other one isn't but is clan limited to 10 people. With these changes we aim to get the ping limited servers more populated starting a "snow ball" effect where even more players start joining these servers and at the same time avoid players from other regions playing here.
    • 3 Colorado V2 servers are set (reduced from 5) but will now have the following settings: 2 Colorado servers are ping limited from 250 ms. The other one isn't but is clan limited to 10 people. With these changes we aim to get the ping limited servers more populated starting a "snow ball" effect where even more players start joining these servers and at the same time avoid players from other regions playing here.
    • All the AR ONLY servers have been removed. These servers were mainly used for farming and were practically splitting the already thin community. We do have to say that we would like to make the AR ONLY servers more event-based where we might do events in the future where these type of servers are available for X amount of time only.
    • 2 Caliwood servers are set (reduced from 3) but will now have the following settings: 2 Caliwood servers are ping limited to 250 ms. The other one isn't but is clan limited to 10 people. With these changes we aim to get the ping limited servers more populated starting a "snow ball" effect where even more players start joining these servers and at the same time avoid players from other regions playing here.

Here is a picture of the result of the changes:
      t7UPAsF.png

• SURVIVAL SERVERS:

If you are a player playing from these regions please give us as much feedback as possible!

We have also made some smaller changes in the Hong Kong region: 

Hong Kong

• OFFICIAL SERVERS:.
    • All the AR ONLY servers have been removed. These servers were mainly used for farming. We do have to say that we would like to make the AR ONLY servers more event-based where we might do events in the future where these type of servers are available for X amount of time only.

UPDATES:

Just now, Sven said:

Guys! Thanks for the GREAT feedback.

Based on this EVERY region now has 1 Caliwood AR ONLY back in the Official Servers.

Best Regards,

Sven

Best regards,

// The New Z - Staff Team

• Love 1

ar servers were not "splitting" the commnunity thanks for taking away the only reason i played this game there was about 3-4 clans pvping ea other in those ar servers everyday good job nice choice see you in xera. (if you dont believe me i have about 6 hours a day worth in video of pvping in ar servers

All the EU AR ONLY servers have been removed

i know a few dozens of people who regularly pvp on AR only Cali, they are not happy.

what you guys did to Europe AR only is wrong.

• Thanks 1

+1 

i think its the right approach to start like that 

and yeah the AR Servers were actually pretty fun 

and we had quiet alot of fights

i think maybe adding 1 AR  Cali would be nice

Edited by PAAAUUULLOOOH
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coco13 said:

ar servers were not "splitting" the commnunity thanks for taking away the only reason i played this game there was about 3-4 clans pvping ea other in those ar servers everyday good job nice choice see you in xera. (if you dont believe me i have about 6 hours a day worth in video of pvping in ar servers

59 minutes ago, KinkyWarren said:

All the EU AR ONLY servers have been removed

i know a few dozens of people who regularly pvp on AR only Cali, they are not happy.

what you guys did to Europe AR only is wrong.

53 minutes ago, PAAAUUULLOOOH said:

+1 

i think its the right approach to start like that 

and yeah the AR Servers were actually pretty fun 

and we had quiet alot of fights

i think maybe adding 1 AR  Cali would be nice

Guys! Thanks so much for this feedback! I have added the AR ONLY Caliwood in EU back.

Best Regards,

Sven

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Sven said:

Guys! Thanks so much for this feedback! I have added the AR ONLY Caliwood in EU back.

Best Regards,

Sven

no one played na ar but what about SA please add SA AR if you dont think people play in them ill gladly send you hours of gameplay that says otherwise.

17 minutes ago, Coco13 said:

no one played na ar but what about SA please add SA AR if you dont think people play in them ill gladly send you hours of gameplay that says otherwise.

I'll note your feedback. Thanks for the idea. We will see how things go.

• Love 1

54 minutes ago, UnfaithfulZ said:

Step in the right direction. Good job guys. 

Thanks for the comment!

I actually want to take this moment to personally thank you for the effort you put in very detailed feedback and ideas I've seen coming by earlier this week!

Best Regards,

Sven

Just throwing my name out there to bring back the SA AR Only Caliwood server back. As a NA player, the AR only servers in NA were always dead. I grew to enjoy playing in the EU AR Only Caliwood and SA AR Only Caliwood servers. We're a small community, but a loyal one! Same groups of people playing on the servers and hopping between the two servers to keep the AR Only community alive. :D

I'm happy to see the reduction of servers though. I really like the idea of the NewZ population condensed into fewer server. Nice change, but would love to see the SA AR Only Caliwood server brought back.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Sven said:

North America

All ping limited servers are set to 200 ms ping limit. On this point we ask you all for as much feedback as possible!

What I would like to see is a change of ALL servers to the 200 ms ping limit. There's an abundance of high ping players roaming the Colorado V2 PVE Server US. Especially on event weekends.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, kintry said:

Hy. I want to ask if anyone have any info on private servers in South américa. 

Due to the high costs of servers (dedicated servers) in Brazil, that is currently not possible. Sorry. 

11 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

What I would like to see is a change of ALL servers to the 200 ms ping limit. There's an abundance of high ping players roaming the Colorado V2 PVE Server US. Especially on event weekends.

Uhm, there is no official colorado PVE servers in the US? xD

2 hours ago, zitoslaw said:

250 ms? no jokes ! there should be 150 ms in all maps including Br's. 

Are you talking about BR or US now? I suppose BR, supposing you are from somewhere around South America, how much ms ping do YOU have to the South American Servers? Just wondering.

22 minutes ago, zitoslaw said:

70ms

Okay! Thanks for your answer! We will take this in consideration :)

6 hours ago, Sven said:

Uhm, there is no official colorado PVE servers in the US? xD

Regardless, there should be a ping limit on ALL servers. Yes, the server I listed is a private server, however, even those should have a ping limit. Since there are NO PVE servers in the official grouping, they should be governed by the same rules as all the rest.

Have a Nice Day!!! B|

Por favor, retornem os servidores ONLY AR e CALI AR, só jogamos esses servidores. Não aguentamos mais jogar PUBG.
Please return the servers ONLY AR and CALI AR, we only play those servers. We can not play PUBG any more.

11 hours ago, mastodonte said:
Por favor, retornem os servidores ONLY AR e CALI AR, só jogamos esses servidores. Não aguentamos mais jogar PUBG.
Please return the servers ONLY AR and CALI AR, we only play those servers. We can not play PUBG any more.

Based on this EVERY region now has 1 Caliwood AR ONLY back in the Official Servers.

Best Regards,

Sven

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Sven said:

Best Regards,

Sven

Obrigado pela ajuda, resolveu nosso problema.

5 hours ago, Sven said:

Best Regards,

Sven

Thanks so much Sven. <3 I appreciate this