SurZeus

Disappointed with the new map

10 posts in this topic

Ok so here I would like to why im disappointed with the new map and this will be my presonal opinion with some quotes etc.I did that cuz something was promised and i was hyped about it and when recently i found out it was missleading i kinda went mad.Dont get me wrong its nothing big yet...still.

 

My complain is the lighting and quality of Oregon which was promised to be looking like old WarZ/ISS map.Colorado themed with nice lighting,a lot of terrain details,color correction,grass tint and many other things so map can look realy good.Everything of this is absent on the new map.Everything is just green -literaly green and rock textures are the only ones.And if this pushes me,veteran away im scared that this first look will also reject other players both new ones and those who were waiting for WarZ themed map like me.Here are some quotes from mods.players so ppl won't say things like "Nobody said that,dont lie" etc.

"12) Yes. The new map is going to look AMAZING. (Complete new different lighting etc more based on how it was in War Z alpha.)"

" We're already looking into the Colour Correction and the visual side as that's one of the most wanted feature by the community. "

"Ya survival looks just like open world now. I hate that playdo look this game has... it needs a visual change on survival mode at least. Who really cares what open world"

"+1 Give us the old graphics, grass tint and lightning"

"Keep in mind that we're working on a brand new map :) You'll be happy with the lighting and looks of it ;)"

 

And there is way more...many ppl promised us  good looking map which will be worth to explore.I like the new locations,the details but the quality of the map just doesn't feel right and it just doesn't look right.I was hyped for some WarZ feelings.In recent update Silent tweaked colorado (survival one) lighting and it looks dope!! But  when i asked why can't this be done on new map he said its impossible...I rly hope something will be changed atleast for survival players because this map is the last hope for the players of this game mode.

 

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SurZeus said:

"Ya survival looks just like open world now. I hate that playdo look this game has... it needs a visual change on survival mode at least. Who really cares what open world"

 

 

The lighting is so shit yo ucan literally see shadows from people who stands in the second floor  from the first floor in the barracks at the prison. Exactly the same bug in springvalley  1 year ago GG

 

Anyway what did you expect tbh

Edited by Lost on you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Surzeus! (And the rest of course)

 

First of all I'd like to thank you for your feedback!

Before jumping into any points I'd like to remember you that this map in it's current state is still considered to be "beta". This mainly for us to gather as much feedback as possible and based on that improve the map to a point where we can find a "middle way" where everyone likes the result.

Talking about the lighting; ill see what we can do. Keep in mind, we can always have a different "more survival"-ish lighting when Oregon is in Survival. (Maybe also a good way to seperate the survival look with Open World).

 

Keep up the feedback!

 

Best Regards,

 

Sven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah i hope so..currrent colorado on survival look awesome and i hope new map can look as good as colo..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/06/2018 at 6:55 PM, Sven said:

Hey Surzeus! (And the rest of course)

Talking about the lighting; ill see what we can do. Keep in mind, we can always have a different "more survival"-ish lighting when Oregon is in Survival. (Maybe also a good way to seperate the survival look with Open World)

Keep up the feedback!

Best Regards,

Sven

Hi,

we do NOT play this game for graphics but only for the game play. Don't make useless change like that. When did we ask for stuff to be added in places like infirmary and markets? This only make more thigns to load for no reason.

Btw why did you change the battle royal few months ago to make it look like PUBG? The old map was the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14-6-2018 at 9:31 PM, Lost on you said:

Hi,

we do NOT play this game for graphics but only for the game play. Don't make useless change like that. When did we ask for stuff to be added in places like infirmary and markets? This only make more thigns to load for no reason.

Btw why did you change the battle royal few months ago to make it look like PUBG? The old map was the best.

The map was changed because we'd like to offer new environments for players to play in every now and then, especially in the Battle Royale game mode.

 

Either way,

On 10-6-2018 at 7:02 PM, SurZeus said:

Yeah i hope so..currrent colorado on survival look awesome and i hope new map can look as good as colo..

^ Based on this, and on your comment, "Lost on you";

 

I don't see any harm in tweaking the lighting in the Oregon version of Survival a little bit towards a more "classic" look.

 

Anyone else reading this and has to say something regarding this? Please share your opinions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My issues with the new map is that it is not very fluid.   You will hit a long stretch of wall or fence with no openings or hop overs to get through, so you need to run all the way around.

Also many of the hills are not climbable.  They are too steep to get up and you need to run a long way around to get from point A to B.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14-7-2018 at 12:08 AM, drekati said:

My issues with the new map is that it is not very fluid.   You will hit a long stretch of wall or fence with no openings or hop overs to get through, so you need to run all the way around.

Also many of the hills are not climbable.  They are too steep to get up and you need to run a long way around to get from point A to B.   

Could you send us screenshots / explanations of where exactly this is happening so that we can look into it and possibly fix it? 

 

Best Regards,

 

Sven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sven said:

Could you send us screenshots / explanations of where exactly this is happening so that we can look into it and possibly fix it? 

 

Best Regards,

 

Sven

The airport fence for example.   You have to run around the entire thing to get in.  It should have some holes in every now and then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now