Fannti

Oregon - The New Map

58 posts in this topic

1ZpPD2B.jpg

Survivors, the wait is finally over! Welcome to OREGON!

0x6eh3t.png

VcxWG7O.png

After months of hard work, we have finally released a first part of what could probably the biggest map created in the history of Infestation. In order to shorten the long wait we have released a part of the map in a Beta. Even though much is still left to be released, the current size is still much bigger than Colorado, so there is lots to explore! We also added contesting points so you and your clan can fight over territories, so contact your clan members and friends and start contesting!

Take a look at the Oregon minimap below: (Note that this map is 4 times the size of original Colorado V2)

35g7JFx.jpg

Oh, and for those wondering; here is a cool size comparison picture that shows how big Oregon actually is compared to the older Colorado V2 map:

AmJ5JNl.jpg

You can now play Oregon (beta) in New Z Open World Official Servers.

We are very proud to have this first part released and any feedback on the map is greatly appreciated. You may submit your feedback in our forums or through social media.

X4yGkNu.png

Extra Information:
What does the beta release mean?
The beta release of Oregon means that we are still working on the map but at the same time give the community the chance to try the new map out already. The current playable area that we will release for players is already the size of the current Colorado V2 map so imagine how big the map is going to be in the end. 
During the beta period we aim to fix as much issues as possible and improve the playable area as good as possible where we aim to fully release the map in a few weeks. We will do all this mostly based on feedback from community and moderators.
During the beta release Oregon will only be available in the Open World Official Servers list. Only a few servers in each region will be available with this map.

When will private servers be available for renting?
The full release of Oregon will be in a few weeks. When we fully release the map this means that it will be permanently available in the as Open World Official Servers and will be rent-able as private server. This in all regions.

How many servers will be available with the Oregon map during the beta?
We will base the amount of servers on the demand of players. This will also be different in each region. We will add and or remove servers based on what the player demand is where we start with a basis of around 3-4 servers available in each region. Once again for this beta release we will only have Oregon live and running in the Official Servers section in the Open World game mode.

What does the red areas mean on the map? When will players be able to go here?
The red areas on the minimap indicate areas where players can't go (yet). Only the down-left area of the map is playable and available for now. In future patches we will slowly start expanding the playable area where it pretty much keeps increasing and increasing. Please note that "Area 69" is NOT available YET.

kzZkvmN.png

If you have any further questions feel free to ask us in the comments or just link us through our social media channels.

For further information about Oregon or if you'd like to know how we progressed in the development of this map please read the following dev-blog: http://forums.fredaikis.com/index.php?/topic/3764-devblog-oregon-new-map/

To help us fix as much issues as possible please use the following link to report issues: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScqC7LdHvPtIrAciuNAIdIvkX6LMFNG4mPM5j5L5L6wXv_utA/viewform
(This link can be used for reports of any of the maps.)

Happy hunting!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HEARTBREAKER said:

OREGON time, personally its my favorite map! Svena69Cheers

Same here @HEARTBREAKERbut I am compiling a spot list of where one can get through the barrier and go into all the red areas.

Now the question is do you guys want just screen shots or do you want a mini video of the spots?

Edited by Bravodog
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bravodog said:

Same here @HEARTBREAKERbut I am compiling a spot list of where one can get through the barrier and go into all the red areas.

Now the question is do you guys want just screen shots or do you want a mini video of the spots?

Anything will do! We appreciate all your hard work in finding issues like these, it helps a ton!

37 minutes ago, Bravodog said:

As my partner says, any help is appreciated. We thank you for your great support in the community. Keep it up!

Man I just need to have a conf. call with you all I am finding a boat load of glitches that can be exploited at the Quarry alone.

I need to be put on the payroll lol

Edited by Bravodog

15 hours ago, Bravodog said:

Man I just need to have a conf. call with you all I am finding a boat load of glitches that can be exploited at the Quarry alone.

I need to be put on the payroll lol

Lol. Just pm one of us with all the findings and we can make sure to fix / improve everything!

Best Regards,

Sven

1 hour ago, kazmightONFIRE said:

The loot is not done for a Survival map yet! 

How Long does it take to do it from Tomorrow? 1 week?

47 minutes ago, Keymbo said:

How Long does it take to do it from Tomorrow? 1 week?

What do you mean?

1 hour ago, SurZeus said:

Looks great except lighting and i believe current map need more safe zones 

Already noted this feedback! Once again for the survival version we'd like to aim for something different.

Also, the current safe zone is temporary. In the end we aim to have 1 safe zone in the main center of the map..

Hello.

(I post here again because I think it is actual than the past topic)

I was on the map and it is amazing. :)

I wanted to ask two things:

I dont get exactly when the map is out in survival. When it is out there?

Are later on the maps smaller citys and farms? Now I think there too much miltary bases and big cities. I miss little cities and farms where you can "chill". :) Would be nice if some would be on the map. Maybe a area with only farms like in the east and colorado v2.

4 hours ago, Shanes said:

Hello.

(I post here again because I think it is actual than the past topic)

I was on the map and it is amazing. :)

I wanted to ask two things:

I dont get exactly when the map is out in survival. When it is out there?

Are later on the maps smaller citys and farms? Now I think there too much miltary bases and big cities. I miss little cities and farms where you can "chill". :) Would be nice if some would be on the map. Maybe a area with only farms like in the east and colorado v2.

Hey! Thanks for the feedback! It means a lot! :)

The map isn't out in Survival JUST YET as we just want to make sure everything is alright. Since it's much more risky to put a new map in Survival (since loot is more rare in that game mode) we want to make sure everything is tip top in order before we "fully" release this map.

As we explained earlier; we aim to make this map the main look of the game. This full release will mean (probably in upcoming patch 2.19) that the map is in a state where we are satisfied with the fundament we have and is without any major issues / bugs. Aiming to this standard we now have the beta where community can even help us return feedback so that we can prepare the map for full release even better!

Full release will mean: The map available as "main" map in Open World Official Servers (not sure yet how many Colorado's will be left), the map rent-able as private server, the map in beginner servers, premium servers etc. Also available as main map in the Survival game mode.

About your second point: Yes, we do plan on adding these kind of things more. Right now the down left part of the map is mostly kind of "sub-urban" so that's why there is a big higher density of buildings. We will keep progress about this updated on the dev blog. Also, right now we are mostly fixing things on current playable area to aim for the "full" release.

Have a nice evening :)

Best Regards,

Sven

16 hours ago, Sven said:

What do you mean?

Already noted this feedback! Once again for the survival version we'd like to aim for something different.

Also, the current safe zone is temporary. In the end we aim to have 1 safe zone in the main center of the map..

I mean if the New map could come out for survival. And I just wanted to ask if it is possible to get the loot done in 1 week for survival? :)

3 hours ago, Keymbo said:

I mean if the New map could come out for survival. And I just wanted to ask if it is possible to get the loot done in 1 week for survival? :)

Ooh. Right now priority goes out to "fix" everything first. I currently do not have an ETA but we aim to have the map done for Survival towards the full release.

Best Regards,

Sven

• Like 1

Don't know where I should report this reference new Map  location NEWPORT you can't walk on top of the fences beside the Guard towers you just drop through the middle of the fence they work fine as a face on barrier.

1 hour ago, 135814n said:

Don't know where I should report this reference new Map  location NEWPORT you can't walk on top of the fences beside the Guard towers you just drop through the middle of the fence they work fine as a face on barrier.

Thanks! Here is fine!

Great start on a new map!

+  Hills-Trees-water-highway-nice pvp landscape.

-  Spawns -Sounds. (Becuse you can spawn direct bak, you need to make spawns further away from where you died, and the sounds fucks up hearing pvp foot steeps).

Thx for trying! Good work!

Yooo, I'm from Oregon so I'm hella looking forward to seeing how the final result turns out! Everything is looking killer! I love to see you guys used actual cities from Oregon like Portland, Roseburg, Astoria, North Bend(a) and all that! But I would definitely like to see more! Cities ike Salem, Eugene, Springfield and you could do little farm/country towns like Pleasant Hill, Drain, Cresswell.. That's the best part about Oregon every town/city is so versatile and different! You have your bigger cities and smaller farm towns so you could make a really cool map out of it 🔥🔥 and I hope you guys work Portland out to be a pretty huge city because that is THE biggest city in Oregon, USA so maybe swap Rio for Portland? Just a thought😁

19 hours ago, K 0 0 L said:

Great start on a new map!

+  Hills-Trees-water-highway-nice pvp landscape.

-  Spawns -Sounds. (Becuse you can spawn direct bak, you need to make spawns further away from where you died, and the sounds fucks up hearing pvp foot steeps).

Thx for trying! Good work!

Hey Kool! Thanks for the comment and your feedback!

About the spawns, ill ask silent what we can do here. Thanks for this feedback! Initially the spawns are just here for a "start" for the beta, could you do me a favor? Tell me exactly at what spawn it is not "right" in your opinion so we can also look at that in particular?

9 hours ago, TheReeferMan420 said:

Yooo, I'm from Oregon so I'm hella looking forward to seeing how the final result turns out! Everything is looking killer! I love to see you guys used actual cities from Oregon like Portland, Roseburg, Astoria, North Bend(a) and all that! But I would definitely like to see more! Cities ike Salem, Eugene, Springfield and you could do little farm/country towns like Pleasant Hill, Drain, Cresswell.. That's the best part about Oregon every town/city is so versatile and different! You have your bigger cities and smaller farm towns so you could make a really cool map out of it 🔥🔥 and I hope you guys work Portland out to be a pretty huge city because that is THE biggest city in Oregon, USA so maybe swap Rio for Portland? Just a thought😁

We have 1/4th (NOT EVEN :D) only playable right now. In the end this is gonna be HUGE and we will definitively put more cities and POI's like this. Someone earlier asked about the farms in general too, this is correct. The down left part of the map (which is playable now) is also the part that is more "sub urban" and has a higher density of buildings and cities.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Best Regards,

Sven

Dope! But I still think you guys should consider making Portland the biggest city on the map! Because Portland in reality is oregons biggest city! I live here and have huge Hope's for this map😁😁 thanks for responding fast🔥

19 minutes ago, TheReeferMan420 said:

Dope! But I still think you guys should consider making Portland the biggest city on the map! Because Portland in reality is oregons biggest city! I live here and have huge Hope's for this map😁😁 thanks for responding fast🔥

Hahah, you're suggesting changing "Rio" to "Portland" or adding another city even bigger than Rio? :o