Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheConformist

In-Game Revive Needs to go

Recommended Posts

I'm quite the Vet, been with the game since a few years before Steams release, so take that for what its worth.

 

This feature is seriously going to be hurting your player base, my friend and I are even thinking about dropping this game once again (First being the massive GI Sniper wipe a few years ago) for a while until improvements or its removal is in order. What's the point in PvPing and hoping to collect their shit when these clans of 4-5-6 can instantly load back in making it impossible to get out alive.

 

I Suggest the following: Adding at least a minute wait timer in-game, no GD revival allowed.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheConformist said:

I'm quite the Vet, been with the game since a few years before Steams release, so take that for what its worth.

 

This feature is seriously going to be hurting your player base, my friend and I are even thinking about dropping this game once again (First being the massive GI Sniper wipe a few years ago) for a while until improvements or its removal is in order. What's the point in PvPing and hoping to collect their shit when these clans of 4-5-6 can instantly load back in making it impossible to get out alive.

 

I Suggest the following: Adding at least a minute wait timer in-game, no GD revival allowed.

I was thinking about that they could atleast do like 20 seconds 

but 1 minute waiting time would be a little heavy i dont think most of the people would agree with that
i think 20 seconds would be enough to not instandly spawn again

Edited by PAAAUUULLOOOH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheConformist said:

I'm quite the Vet, been with the game since a few years before Steams release, so take that for what its worth.

 

This feature is seriously going to be hurting your player base, my friend and I are even thinking about dropping this game once again (First being the massive GI Sniper wipe a few years ago) for a while until improvements or its removal is in order. What's the point in PvPing and hoping to collect their shit when these clans of 4-5-6 can instantly load back in making it impossible to get out alive.

 

I Suggest the following: Adding at least a minute wait timer in-game, no GD revival allowed.

I would agree on everything but 1 minute cooldown. Either remove it, add more cd to it, move spawn points further away or add servers that dont support instant revives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not make the spawntimers different for different servers?

A Rocky PVP Server is totally fine with 10 seconds, but in Open world it causes issues. Especially because the "close" spawns end up totally splitting teams to a point where its is nothing but a fiesta. I like the idea of not having to dis- and reconnect, but 30-45 seconds in open world with slightly better spawns might be the way to go.  You could even differentiate within open world servers and make lets say server 1 and 4 a 20 secondstimer and the others 45 or something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think it necessarily needs to be removed its a good feature because means you dont have to keep leaving then joining the server again,However i think the countdown once you die needs to be longer so you cant instantly spawn back in as its making it quite difficult to get anyone's loot as it is they're literally right back on top of you again already covering their loot,even worse if its a clan then you stand no chance.

Edited by Saul Goodman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2018 at 1:58 PM, Lauchboy said:

Why not make the spawntimers different for different servers?

A Rocky PVP Server is totally fine with 10 seconds, but in Open world it causes issues. Especially because the "close" spawns end up totally splitting teams to a point where its is nothing but a fiesta. I like the idea of not having to dis- and reconnect, but 30-45 seconds in open world with slightly better spawns might be the way to go.  You could even differentiate within open world servers and make lets say server 1 and 4 a 20 secondstimer and the others 45 or something

I think this would be the better option, can agree with this feedback.

On 6/10/2018 at 11:27 AM, Saul Goodman said:

I dont think it necessarily needs to be removed its a good feature because means you dont have to keep leaving then joining the server again,However i think the countdown once you die needs to be longer so you cant instantly spawn back in as its making it quite difficult to get anyone's loot as it is they're literally right back on top of you again already covering their loot,even worse if its a clan then you stand no chance.

We faced a clan of 4 I destroyed all 4 of them only to be shitted on by the second within seconds after killing the 4th. It's impossible to come out on top with bigger clans and because of this the feature would need to be removed. If you have a fast PC, it already gives you a nice advantage in load times.

Edited by TheConformist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are going to change the time on respawning, different times for different maps sounds like a good idea. I understand that it's breaking the game for you and we aim to roll out a patch shortly with a first solution.

We've als had an idea in addition to this from our community that we should make it so that you choose where to spawn/respawn in Open World in order to prevent spawncamping, what do you guys think about this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fannti said:

We are going to change the time on respawning, different times for different maps sounds like a good idea. I understand that it's breaking the game for you and we aim to roll out a patch shortly with a first solution.

We've als had an idea in addition to this from our community that we should make it so that you choose where to spawn/respawn in Open World in order to prevent spawncamping, what do you guys think about this? 

It's a great idea but: if people can choose in what area/direction they want to spawn in then theres 2 problems: People will start spawning with their whole team after they are killed and will come back at you with a group of 5 from 1 direction which is completely unfair, they can strategically spawn around you to surround you and have a very easy advantage. On one side it is nice because you can do it too but on the other side if you are with fewer players its just annoying and will result in you and your friends leaving the server because it would be impossible to kill the opponents. Look at it this way: you are with 5 against 3, 3 of you die 2 keep holding their position and you just respawn behind the enemy so they are "sandwiched" now 1st option : which happens 2/3 times is you win and kill the enemy, loot the stuff and log out or keep fighting or the 2nd option: you sandwich them and they are just "lucky" or "better" and kill all of you which happens 1/3 times and you just respawn and surround them AGAIN.

On the other hand if you are with 3 players against 5 then you hold your ground and try to survive which is 1/3 chance and if you get surrounded you get very lucky/ put everything you have left inside of you and kill the enemy and continue to do so untill they leave OR you die a horrible death because you are surrounded by 5 players vs you 3 ._.

So basically if you win or lose will be decided by how many players you play with, you should make atleast 1 official server where you can only get inside with 3 max people in group AND clan, that would be amazing and if it doesn't work then make it like the others 10v10 :)

The different timers on different maps is an  awesome idea btw! It's basically that you value your "life" ingame because if you die on a server colorado v2 where you have lets say a 2 minute timer after death to respawn you can, tell your teammates what the person is doing after you are killed and you don't have to log out because some players have a longer logout/log back in time than 2 minutes, people who play on worse desktop pcs or laptops not made for gaming, my friend loads into the game for 3 minutes as an example.

Edited by krys101
some extra stuff added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, krys101 said:

It's a great idea but: if people can choose in what area/direction they want to spawn in then theres 2 problems: People will start spawning with their whole team after they are killed and will come back at you with a group of 5 from 1 direction which is completely unfair, they can strategically spawn around you to surround you and have a very easy advantage. On one side it is nice because you can do it too but on the other side if you are with fewer players its just annoying and will result in you and your friends leaving the server because it would be impossible to kill the opponents. Look at it this way: you are with 5 against 3, 3 of you die 2 keep holding their position and you just respawn behind the enemy so they are "sandwiched" now 1st option : which happens 2/3 times is you win and kill the enemy, loot the stuff and log out or keep fighting or the 2nd option: you sandwich them and they are just "lucky" or "better" and kill all of you which happens 1/3 times and you just respawn and surround them AGAIN.

On the other hand if you are with 3 players against 5 then you hold your ground and try to survive which is 1/3 chance and if you get surrounded you get very lucky/ put everything you have left inside of you and kill the enemy and continue to do so untill they leave OR you die a horrible death because you are surrounded by 5 players vs you 3 ._.

So basically if you win or lose will be decided by how many players you play with, you should make atleast 1 official server where you can only get inside with 3 max people in group AND clan, that would be amazing and if it doesn't work then make it like the others 10v10 :)

The different timers on different maps is an  awesome idea btw! It's basically that you value your "life" ingame because if you die on a server colorado v2 where you have lets say a 2 minute timer after death to respawn you can, tell your teammates what the person is doing after you are killed and you don't have to log out because some players have a longer logout/log back in time than 2 minutes, people who play on worse desktop pcs or laptops not made for gaming, my friend loads into the game for 3 minutes as an example.

Allright, thank you for very valuable feedback. I think the timer might be an initial step at least to fix this. We have a development meeting Tuesday and will have an answer to what we plan on doing here in the following Q&A that will start 4:00 PM CEST. I will hop in too for the first time to try to answer as many questions as possible!

Again, thank you very much. Have a great start of the week!

Elias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Fannti said:

Allright, thank you for very valuable feedback. I think the timer might be an initial step at least to fix this. We have a development meeting Tuesday and will have an answer to what we plan on doing here in the following Q&A that will start 4:00 PM CEST. I will hop in too for the first time to try to answer as many questions as possible!

Again, thank you very much. Have a great start of the week!

Elias

No problem! Always glad to help and you too have a great start of the week Elias! We all want to make the game better so we are here to help :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fannti said:

Allright, thank you for very valuable feedback. I think the timer might be an initial step at least to fix this. We have a development meeting Tuesday and will have an answer to what we plan on doing here in the following Q&A that will start 4:00 PM CEST. I will hop in too for the first time to try to answer as many questions as possible!

Again, thank you very much. Have a great start of the week!

Elias

Thank you for actually taking this time to look into this, but I think I speak for all small clans not just myself. My buddy and I are just a clan of 2, but we can hold our own against 4's usually. But as krys101 stated, being able to choose your location would mean sandwiching and I believe still promotes camping. Personally I'd like the feature removed and have it solemnly on whos got the faster PC, but if it must exist, a 45-1 minute death timer, no GC/GD insta-revives, and spawn location will be relatively far from where you actually died at giving your clan a fighting chance to escape with something after that hard work, but not impossible for the enemy team to get right back on top of you. But I also believe a lot of it has to do with spawn points, they've never really been good/fair in some locations. Nato for example, I'm really good at predicting their spawn if I've killed them in a general location, therefor I would be able to spawn camp them.

Edited by TheConformist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheConformist said:

Thank you for actually taking this time to look into this, but I think I speak for all small clans not just myself. My buddy and I are just a clan of 2, but we can hold our own against 4's usually. But as krys101 stated, being able to choose your location would mean sandwiching and I believe still promotes camping. Personally I'd like the feature removed and have it solemnly on whos got the faster PC, but if it must exist, a 45-1 minute death timer, no GC/GD insta-revives, and spawn location will be relatively far from where you actually died at giving your clan a fighting chance to escape with something after that hard work, but not impossible for the enemy team to get right back on top of you. But I also believe a lot of it has to do with spawn points, they've never really been good/fair in some locations. Nato for example, I'm really good at predicting their spawn if I've killed them in a general location, therefor I would be able to spawn camp them.

While discussing this with staff and moderators we came to the conclusion that the best solution is adding a 45 second timer on the bigger maps. Since last patch we already changed so that spawns are more random and this together could possibly fix the issue, what do you think guys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the PvP maps respawn timer could be the same, the idea here is rather to create more spawn and also add a sound when someone spawns so you can hear that somebody spawns. Opinions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Fannti said:

For the PvP maps respawn timer could be the same, the idea here is rather to create more spawn and also add a sound when someone spawns so you can hear that somebody spawns. Opinions?

Hm but Spawnsound could be highlight more spawncamping or not?

Edited by Freddy D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fannti said:

For the PvP maps respawn timer could be the same, the idea here is rather to create more spawn and also add a sound when someone spawns so you can hear that somebody spawns. Opinions?

good.

 

I would still decrease the number of players for rocky ford though

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Freddy D said:

Hm but Spawnsound could be highlight more spawncamping or not?

Yeah, thats the downside, but you have the spawnprotection handling that fairly well. Most important it stops ppl from coming behind your back before you even get the chance to react.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...