BONO

Global Inventory Management And Market

As I was playing NewZ for quite a long time, things have changed. They added more skins and guns are more easy to find. Pain in the ass is trading. Typing on discord you are selling something and waiting if someone is gonna respond or you just spam on trading lounge to sell your item for an hour or two.

What I would make is just some sort of online market, where you can sell things, putting your own price and let time do the work. It was here once, but never fixed and then removed. For other players, it would mean that they can buy things from other players and it could be so easy to do so.

Another suggestion I would make is global inventory management. Not able to move my items in it, change position or unload the gun directly in UI at main menu makes it a lot more time consuming. If it is on purpose to have players spend more time in the game, then I understand, but none would spend like an hour every 2 or 3 days to sort his inventory to make it not look like garbage. I would add some sort of sort button that would stack all the same clips or the whole inventory. So many times I had an issue that one C-MAG had 100 bullets, another 100 bullets and they just won't stack at all. Another change would be an player-server integration. Why would server want connection for every change you make in GI. Instead I would let it just for client and when you are done with the inventory, then update changes. It would save a lot of time gearing up or putting guns in inventory.

Maybe my suggestion are a bit over the top, but it is for sure, doable.

ADD: Please make at least guns reloading at lounge instant so I don't have to wait for ages to load my guns.

Cheers.

Edited by BONO
  • Love 1

Yeee ...

Now when they did something to a spread system so it is actually playable a bit more (still poor but ok) , i'm back in play for a while (still prefer to waste time on Mechwarrior Online instead haha).

BUT !!! i will troll this game developers over AND OVER to the end of this crappy creation!!!!!!

I mentioned the issue you pointed out ages ago! A HUGE CRAP IN INVENTORY since there is no simple button to at least stack the bloody clips !

How difficult that can be since it's already there inside the game play in the inventory ??????

Is it really so difficult to copy and paste same program line but for global invetory  ??????? lol  , stack same guns ??????? 

cheers! 

This has been posted so many times and its like the community is talking to itself. The devs should really make a sorting button and make moving weapons/items in GI be possible It can't be harder than making 10 "new" skins ._.

Hmm it would be so nice if I could stack all my cars that have the same -%repair and -%durability, I have so many it makes the page so long scroll down for eternity haha xD. I have OCD so all my weapons are already stacked out with same ammo so I only have 1 file of each weapon but still it would be like sooo cool if I had complete control over my GI, meaning I can move-drag-drop-stack-place-organize-reload or unload clip, and apply or remove skins all from my GI in menu and not having to join a trading lounge or server everytime <39_9<3. Also you might be aware there is a glitch with certain kind of the same ammo clips that won't stack on top of eachother unless u ''stack-clips'' before and then immediately bank them. At least I think that's how it happens. 

On 31/05/2018 at 4:01 AM, BONO said:

As I was playing NewZ for quite a long time, things have changed. They added more skins and guns are more easy to find. Pain in the ass is trading. Typing on discord you are selling something and waiting if someone is gonna respond or you just spam on trading lounge to sell your item for an hour or two.

What I would make is just some sort of online market, where you can sell things, putting your own price and let time do the work. It was here once, but never fixed and then removed. For other players, it would mean that they can buy things from other players and it could be so easy to do so.

Another suggestion I would make is global inventory management. Not able to move my items in it, change position or unload the gun directly in UI at main menu makes it a lot more time consuming. If it is on purpose to have players spend more time in the game, then I understand, but none would spend like an hour every 2 or 3 days to sort his inventory to make it not look like garbage. I would add some sort of sort button that would stack all the same clips or the whole inventory. So many times I had an issue that one C-MAG had 100 bullets, another 100 bullets and they just won't stack at all. Another change would be an player-server integration. Why would server want connection for every change you make in GI. Instead I would let it just for client and when you are done with the inventory, then update changes. It would save a lot of time gearing up or putting guns in inventory.

Maybe my suggestion are a bit over the top, but it is for sure, doable.

ADD: Please make at least guns reloading at lounge instant so I don't have to wait for ages to load my guns.

Cheers.

It's a good idea. They will make a skin for that.

Hey guys, thank you for your suggestions.

As for the market it's an idea that I will run by the Staff team, I don't think anyone will have anything against it but we have to look into the time needed/db stress/etc in order to execute it. It's a great idea that we've had for a while but we've prioritized other things in front of this.

If I remember correctly we wanted to add a sort button for your inventory but any features like this would cause huge stress on our database, maybe @Fredaikis could provide a better answer on this.

Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks for bringing this up.

Best,

Elias