linvus

NewZ in 2018 #2

AFTER MY LAST THREAD: http://forums.fredaikis.com/index.php?/topic/4840-newz-in-2018

I've summarized  that developers are lacking ideas so i will write some  that are currently on my mind and i will write again when i come up with new ones because i HAVE really enjoyed playing this game until the last few months and i would love, more than anyone else to see 10 full newz servers again.

Things written in '(    )' will be my personal problems with certain thing

I WILL START WITH WITH POTENTIAL IDEAS BASED ON MY PREVIOUS THREAD:

* People are still right/left peeking

Just fix it, do whatever it takes to fix this one, even if it takes you to remodel riot shields or pay a professional that knows to do his job and let him do the job. Even if makes you to patch game every 7 days or so.

(When i get killed by a guy who is shooting through riot shield and not giving me an option to counterplay  him, my will to play game suddenly fades away and im done with newz for that day because i know that if it has happened 2-3 times it will happen again.)

* 3 regions are empty (OPEN WORLD)

Original answer from Fredaikis: ''I can see that, only way to fix that is to have people play in them. I can't do anything about that.''

Dont you just hate when you are a creator of the game, and suddenly 2k people comes to check your game and plays it :)

Video called 'Friend system' You've created was uploaded 5 MONTHS ago, and before that theres a video 'Official trailer' uploaded 6 months ago. Svenas on the other hand is uploading videos more often but what kind of videos, live cuts where he is opening mistery boxes? Honestly i think that is not the real way to promote the game. Start making DEDICATED videos where you're are introducing new items and implemented systems and not some video cuts from a live stream.

* Players with higher ping having great advance in pvp

Look, at current state there is not so many people playing open world and you have to admit that more than 50% of you community is just from Asia and that they are ruining pvp experience for EU/NA players.
Now heres the thing, let them play on EU servers, its not a huge deal BUT make just 2 servers that will have a ping limit up to 70-90 ms MAX. 
I think im speaking for all of the EU players, give us just 2 server with 90 ms ping limit and we will be more than happy.

Getting killed 0.5 second after crouching back behind riot or moving behind wall is next worse death scenario after riot shield peaker, also aiming at the guy that is moving in crazy scaled frame rates is also disadvantage when it comes to aiming at that guy.

* Fog ruining pvp expirience

Original Fredaikis answer: ''I don't understand what you mean, can you post a pic?''
Here is album with examples with poor vision with both NVG on and off: https://imgur.com/a/3nWrVgB

* SKINS?

Again, im not a huge fan of skins but you definitely need some new and unique skin that will be: 

-Affordable! -  Not every new skin has to be 6000+ GC
-GD Skins  

-Riot shield skins: Remove all current riot shields from market and make them learnable skin, there is huge amount of riot shields and people are buying those that are on discount anyway making every other 2k GD pointless.
If you put country skins back into World skinbox it will be funny looting those boxes again and people will be trading every day searching for their own country or favorite clan.

I will focus on writing more skin ides somewhere in near future 

*Implementing new items

Original answer Fredaikis gave us: ''Do people even like this lol? like i mean, in my opinion a new weapon is not worth the effort, maybe im wrong, im not really a player....''

It doesnt have to be a weapon, but YES, people like these, we want more place-able/active items that will make no impact on pvp and ruin its experience (sandbags, wires). Give us fake bombs/fireworks/decoys. New silly melle weapons like easter banana is. Or give us more of those loot-able rabbit heads, tails, cloaks or place-able clan banners and not some Ballistic shield aka overpriced useless riot shield

Also adding more type of zombies would be cool or just implementing new skins on the current ones.

*Garbage in item boxes

Fredaikis: ''Got a example of before / after?''

Ofcourse, back when i was new to this game finding item box with golden frames it was a guarantee AWP/VSS/OTS/GI locker/AWM/CAMO and MODERN BLACK boxes and those with silver frames gave some less GD worthy snipers (Mausers, R93, SVD...cars?.) 
After some time FN-Fal started appearing along with FN-SCAR-L and now there are Yokoto katanas, green bandages. Like really why would you do that, finding these boxes as a beginner was time-worthy searching for them and it felt rewarding. Today finding these boxes means nothing.

*PREMIUM

Before text bellow i would like to point out that only 5% or less of people playing is having deluxe/extreme acc

Honestly again, why would someone buy premium if he can switch between characters and avoid paying 15k GD for a revive simple as that. THIS is even better for people that have 2 main characters where one is having negative reputation and other is having positive one so you can choose which one you want to play with.
Premium rewards are P L A I N  T R A S H. Why would someone waste GC for a chance  of getting 10 AWP mags or a G11 gun, thompson or QBZ, Karambits???? You can find 10 of these just with 5 minute of looting.

There is just no reason for people to waste GC on premium.

*MISSIONS

I've been recommending this before on Svenas stream but 2 patches after that nobody mentioned a word about it.
Implementing mission system that will reward players with skins or items after doing certain few things would be my priority to do if i was developer.

Also you can make special set of skins for these types of rewards (Not all)

Here is some examples:
Killing 15 players with brotherhood gives you permanent brotherhood fun edition skin (Learned on acc so people cant trade it)

Killing 50 people that are 500m away gives you permanent Spray that says 'Blackwater' or 'Long-range master' or eye with a scope displayed on it or anything like that.
Killing 5 people that are 500m away adds one McMillan TAC-50 (sniper that Rob Furlong used and recorded a kill from 3 540 m away). This would be unique sniper that is obtainable only like this (nothing OP, just unique)

Surviving 20 times with less than 2% hp gives you spray that say 'Not today' or 'Unkillable' or something in that theme.

Killing 100 people with katana (because people like killing with katana these days) gives you permanent skin K.Style Samurai that is in samurai themes

And killing 50 people with katana gives you Custom Guerrilla Samurai

Ideas on these missions are infinite and if you guys decide to implement these by im sure community will reach out and give some ideas too.

This is just a tiny bit of ideas i have and i'll for sure write another post if things go well with new few patches.

AND After all, you better finish this new map ASAP because people are leaving the game and at the end of the day you might not have players left to play that  new map.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, linvus said:

AFTER MY LAST THREAD: http://forums.fredaikis.com/index.php?/topic/4840-newz-in-2018

I've summarized  that developers are lacking ideas so i will write some  that are currently on my mind and i will write again when i come up with new ones because i HAVE really enjoyed playing this game until the last few months and i would love, more than anyone else to see 10 full newz servers again.

Things written in '(    )' will be my personal problems with certain thing

I WILL START WITH WITH POTENTIAL IDEAS BASED ON MY PREVIOUS THREAD:

Just fix it, do whatever it takes to fix this one, even if it takes you to remodel riot shields or pay a professional that knows to do his job and let him do the job. Even if makes you to patch game every 7 days or so.

(When i get killed by a guy who is shooting through riot shield and not giving me an option to counterplay  him, my will to play game suddenly fades away and im done with newz for that day because i know that if it has happened 2-3 times it will happen again.)

Original answer from Fredaikis: ''I can see that, only way to fix that is to have people play in them. I can't do anything about that.''

Dont you just hate when you are a creator of the game, and suddenly 2k people comes to check your game and plays it :)

Video called 'Friend system' You've created was uploaded 5 MONTHS ago, and before that theres a video 'Official trailer' uploaded 6 months ago. Svenas on the other hand is uploading videos more often but what kind of videos, live cuts where he is opening mistery boxes? Honestly i think that is not the real way to promote the game. Start making DEDICATED videos where you're are introducing new items and implemented systems and not some video cuts from a live stream.

Look, at current state there is not so many people playing open world and you have to admit that more than 50% of you community is just from Asia and that they are ruining pvp experience for EU/NA players.
Now heres the thing, let them play on EU servers, its not a huge deal BUT make just 2 servers that will have a ping limit up to 70-90 ms MAX. 
I think im speaking for all of the EU players, give us just 2 server with 90 ms ping limit and we will be more than happy.

Getting killed 0.5 second after crouching back behind riot or moving behind wall is next worse death scenario after riot shield peaker, also aiming at the guy that is moving in crazy scaled frame rates is also disadvantage when it comes to aiming at that guy.

Original Fredaikis answer: ''I don't understand what you mean, can you post a pic?''
Here is album with examples with poor vision with both NVG on and off: https://imgur.com/a/3nWrVgB

* SKINS?

Again, im not a huge fan of skins but you definitely need some new and unique skin that will be: 

-Affordable! -  Not every new skin has to be 6000+ GC
-GD Skins  

-Riot shield skins: Remove all current riot shields from market and make them learnable skin, there is huge amount of riot shields and people are buying those that are on discount anyway making every other 2k GD pointless.
If you put country skins back into World skinbox it will be funny looting those boxes again and people will be trading every day searching for their own country or favorite clan.

I will focus on writing more skin ides somewhere in near future 

*Implementing new items

Original answer Fredaikis gave us: ''Do people even like this lol? like i mean, in my opinion a new weapon is not worth the effort, maybe im wrong, im not really a player....''

It doesnt have to be a weapon, but YES, people like these, we want more place-able/active items that will make no impact on pvp and ruin its experience (sandbags, wires). Give us fake bombs/fireworks/decoys. New silly melle weapons like easter banana is. Or give us more of those loot-able rabbit heads, tails, cloaks or place-able clan banners and not some Ballistic shield aka overpriced useless riot shield

Also adding more type of zombies would be cool or just implementing new skins on the current ones.

*Garbage in item boxes

Fredaikis: ''Got a example of before / after?''

Ofcourse, back when i was new to this game finding item box with golden frames it was a guarantee AWP/VSS/OTS/GI locker/AWM/CAMO and MODERN BLACK boxes and those with silver frames gave some less GD worthy snipers (Mausers, R93, SVD...cars?.) 
After some time FN-Fal started appearing along with FN-SCAR-L and now there are Yokoto katanas, green bandages. Like really why would you do that, finding these boxes as a beginner was time-worthy searching for them and it felt rewarding. Today finding these boxes means nothing.

*PREMIUM

Before text bellow i would like to point out that only 5% or less of people playing is having deluxe/extreme acc

Honestly again, why would someone buy premium if he can switch between characters and avoid paying 15k GD for a revive simple as that. THIS is even better for people that have 2 main characters where one is having negative reputation and other is having positive one so you can choose which one you want to play with.
Premium rewards are P L A I N  T R A S H. Why would someone waste GC for a chance  of getting 10 AWP mags or a G11 gun, thompson or QBZ, Karambits???? You can find 10 of these just with 5 minute of looting.

*MISSIONS

I've been recommending this before on Svenas stream but 2 patches after that nobody mentioned a word about it.
Implementing mission system that will reward players with skins or items after doing certain few things would be my priority to do if i was developer.

Also you can make special set of skins for these types of rewards (Not all)

Here is some examples:
Killing 15 players with brotherhood gives you permanent brotherhood fun edition skin (Learned on acc so people cant trade it)

Killing 50 people that are 500m away gives you permanent Spray that says 'Blackwater' or 'Long-range master' or eye with a scope displayed on it or anything like that.
Killing 5 people that are 500m away adds one McMillan TAC-50 (sniper that Rob Furlong used and recorded a kill from 3 540 m away). This would be unique sniper that is obtainable only like this (nothing OP, just unique)

Surviving 20 times with less than 2% hp gives you spray that say 'Not today' or 'Unkillable' or something in that theme.

Killing 100 people with katana (because people like killing with katana these days) gives you permanent skin K.Style Samurai that is in samurai themes

And killing 50 people with katana gives you Custom Guerrilla Samurai

Ideas on these missions are infinite and if you guys decide to implement these by im sure community will reach out and give some ideas too.

This is just a tiny bit of ideas i have and i'll for sure write another post if things go well with new few patches.

AND After all, you better finish this new map ASAP because people are leaving the game and at the end of the day you might not have players left to play that  new map.

-i don't encounter it a lot, but I do encounter blatant peak abuse from time to time and it makes my team leave for other games pretty damn fast.  

-people play wherever other players are.  Some of the asia / SA players may also intentionally play where they have bad ping.  If you play with high ping enough you can learn to use it to your advantage, although if you are not used to it is a disadvantage.  The ONLY SOLUTION is STRICT PING LIMITS.  80% of servers should have a 90-125ms ping limit.  The rest of the servers should have a 200ms ping limit.  MAYBE one server per region can be unrestricted.  You cannot just have 2 or 3 servers per region with low ping limits, as players tend to group towards the normal servers for pvp.  It has to be almost all of the servers.  

200ms IS NOT LOW PING, 200ms IS HIGH PING.  200ms is actually really high ping. 

-from time to time SA, HK, and occasionally NA actually do pop up in population, but EU is the only consistent region.  

I mostly just covered this in the last topic, much stricter ping limits are needed.  There should only be 1 ping unrestricted colorado server per region.

-The fog is annoying as fuck, it forces you to use nightvision for several extra hours.  

* SKINS?
-I think the skins are actually just fine, although there would be nothing wrong with new ones.  If you've opened as many mystery boxes as me, you'd know there are lots of nice looking cheap skins.  

*Implementing new items

-New zombies would be cool, but new snipers won't change much.  They all kinda do the same thing as it is (well, you could split them into big snipers 130+dmg and small snipers).  I won't complain about new ones but it's not needed.  

*PREMIUM

-Most of us work on a single character for PVP, or if we have a 2nd we play the primary character much more.  Some people use multiple characters but I dont think it is most people, as you end up with multiple lower rep characters instead of 1 high rep character.  

The loadouts is the main reason I get premium, but also the no-respawn fee and the 2x xp is nice until you get your golden bullets.  Deluxe and extreme offer very little tbh; i think they are massively overpriced at least.  

A forever deluxe ($250) and forever extreme ($400-500) would be a good move for the devs though.  

*MISSIONS

It's a fantastic idea tbh, but they can't do that one overnight.  

• Love 1

-New zombies would be cool, but new snipers won't change much.  They all kinda do the same thing as it is (well, you could split them into big snipers 130+dmg and small snipers).  I won't complain about new ones but it's not needed. 

I didnt really mention adding new snipers/weapons. I thought more about strictly adding more Miscellaneous items. :D 

Just now, linvus said:

I didnt really mention adding new snipers/weapons. I thought more about strictly adding more Miscellaneous items. :D 

if they could make smoke grendades more effective that'd be pretty cool, and maybe make flares pull in zombies from really far away and last for a little longer.  

Stuff like that would be cool.  

Im sure someone else can be more creative.

-This is true but i think instead of continuing trying to fix this by changing crouch animations 24/7 to this point where they look very awkward, i'd rather have em revert it back to the original crouch animations or the original crouch animations but with the "centered-headed" idle crouch anim, as the current crouching is just really bad-looking and not smooth at all compared to OG. (imo)

Edited by sCrubDAB

This will be fixed for the next patch, they are currently working on it

We understand your point of view, but honestly to bring new players we can not do anything, except promote the game more and as you say create new videos and content for future players to see the variety of game modes that are within Infestation: NewZ. Do you have any ideas or suggestions regarding this topic?

This is another point of view that I understand. Currently developers are talking about a correct solution for all players, without affecting any region. Imagine that you are a player of HK and in your country there are no people to play, what you will do next is to look for a region where there are people playing. What I want to say is that you have to look for a stable solution so as not to affect any player regardless of which country it is.

Thanks to your suggestions and those of other players, we are currently working to offer a greater visual sensation of fog with nvg activated or without it.

* SKINS?

I think its a great idea to make riot shields a skin, but do not you think there are too many to make it easy to find the one you want to choose?
Regarding the discount I think the same, the idea would be to make a standard price for all, in this way players can choose and not always buy the one on offer.
The idea of adding more countries and skins to the WorldSkinbox box seems good +1

*Implementing new items

This is something we can talk about to create useful content for players. Regarding rabbit head items and many others, they are created during events with the end of animating the community and bringing new content during them. We are sorry that you do not like them. What do you think if we create a post to talk about useful content for the game, we can ask for thousands of things but I talk about really useful things. 

Example: that you think a decoy grenade, can be something very troll and useful during the pvp Kappa

*Garbage in item boxes

I share with you this thought, we can make the itembox are more rare or super rare to find, but have a better loot. This is something we can talk about, what do you think can be a good reward if someone finds an itembox? It is simply an idea but that you seem to be able to find some aspect of characters or maybe some supermega rare object that increases your experience gained x2 during 24h Svena69Cool

*PREMIUM

What do you think about the idea of adding better daily rewards to players who have premium? I mean aspects of characters, sprays only achievable with premium. Players with deluxe best rewards and perhaps some skin epic only achievable with Deluxe acc and for players with Extreme acc that you think the idea of x2 daily rewards and a full skin set that you can use during your days of extreme? We look for ideas and suggestions with sense for all and all game modes.

*MISSIONS

this is something that is currently being discussed to create content of this type. I like your ideas and I think they can help create something closer to the community.

9 hours ago, linvus said:

This has been fixed for next patch. :)

We have been discussing new approaches to, not only please our current players/recent players, but also to atract new ones. Unfortunately last time we did that, those 'Veteran' players kind of drove them away. Beginner Servers... Remember?

We have investigated this issues more thoroughly and we have found some things in the codes that could change that for sure. We are not yet sure it will RESOLVE the issue, but it will certainly take out one of the major advantages 'high ping users' have. 

Nothing to add here. I personally agree. 

* SKINS?

Yes. Regardless of anything, it's always interesting to bring new things for the trades/farmers/spenders to do.

8 hours ago, p51mustang23 said:

*Implementing new items

We have added guns over and over again and I agree we have stopped for a while. I don't see why not add more at this point though. 
However, you have to realize that it is still a lot of work and when people prefer the old ones over the new ones (not because of stats, look at the M4A1 being less used than the Sig, the AMR2 being used less than the M107, etc...). But yes, I think it's good if we do add them, giving them value as well. 

*Garbage in item boxes

Noted. 

*PREMIUM

This is actually being worked on already. You will soon see news about more advantages (not p2w advantages) to those account types. 

*MISSIONS

HUGE +1. We already have a huge list of ideas and a frame of how the system will work. No, we will develop into it.

All the points you've made are great and very well thought out and not just rambling, which we very much appreciate. Some of those things are things we are working on, others are things we have been considering and some are new. 
However, some of those might take longer than you'd imagine. Just looking through this list alone, you can see that it's a lot to be done in a short period of time, let alone adding those things on top of all we're working on. 

Anyways, thank you for your true and honest feedback and the ideas behind them. 

12 hours ago, linvus said:

I don't see the problem, this is naturel and when you play on potato, then you have less fog. Simple.

12 hours ago, linvus said:

*PREMIUM

So you only mention early revive and daily reward. What about double GD/XP? You can't say, daily rewards are trash only because you don't need them. This is something for free and other player like to get these things.

Honestly I really don't see a point to start a drama here. All these points look like coming right after he ragequitted out of rocky.

37 minutes ago, Silenterror said:

I don't see the problem, this is naturel and when you play on potato, then you have less fog. Simple.

So you only mention early revive and daily reward. What about double GD/XP? You can't say, daily rewards are trash only because you don't need them. This is something for free and other player like to get these things.

Honestly I really don't see a point to start a drama here. All these points look like coming right after he ragequitted out of rocky.

He's not starting drama, everybody agrees these are good points for the most part, you asked for suggestions and the community is giving them, even your fellow admins so please do not be rude even if you don't agree.

1 minute ago, Zecrasta said:

He's not starting drama, everybody agrees these are good points for the most part, you asked for suggestions and the community is giving them, even your fellow admins so please do not be rude even if you don't agree.

Yeah i understand your point but I see him complaining about everything daily in the discord server, that's why my reaction looks a bit "rude" like you said.

Just now, Silenterror said:

Yeah i understand your point but I see him complaining about everything daily in the discord server, that's why my reaction looks a bit "rude" like you said.

But it's how you handle that daily complaining that represents the game *hint hint at why you lose some players

13 hours ago, linvus said:

Peole are still right peeking yes (not sure about leftpeek.) and this is we have been working on yesterday. The AR right peek is fixed for the next patch! :) 

That's also something we have been working on yesterday. The issue when you place a shield in front of a high ping player and you still die behind your shield, is fixed for the next patch. :) 

Hmmm. That's map related yes, I'll get in touch with Silenterror.

* SKINS?

There is not really many skins above 6,000 GC. Those are only the extremely rare ones. But check the last one we added, except the fallen angel ones they are all around 2,000 GC. :)

*Garbage in item boxes

I see the issue. We will check it out and see what we can do in there. :) Thank you for your feedbacks! 

*PREMIUM

We are currently working on new features for the Premium users. We are not sure what will be in there but all the subscriptions will be reworked for the next patch aswell! :) 

*MISSIONS

The missions are something we have been discussing a lot with the Staff Team. This is definitely a plan for the near future but I cannot tell you that it will be here for the next patch as we expect to provide other new cool features! Stay tuned ;) 

Thank you for your ideas and honest opinions! <3 

• Love 1

14 hours ago, linvus said:

We found a solution against this, the only problem is that people can still do it when quickscoping in third person. Fixing this would mean changing the gameplay mechanics of quickscoping. We do NOT want to change the mechanics, so we are looking for another solution. The normal peek is fixed 100% (AR).

I am planning to make a DEVBLOG as soon as I finish our next feature we're adding!

From my finished things list:
Reworked riot shield protection, if someone shoots you and you put down a shield, it will no longer register as a hit for the "lagging player"

This also applies to crouching behind a wall... etc etc

I spoke to the map team, its going to get fixed :)

* SKINS?

I don't have any comments on this, this is fully up to sven and silent.

*Implementing new items

Good to know, I like the traps idea.

*Garbage in item boxes

I will bring this up on our next meetings, sounds fair that item box loot should be buffed.

*PREMIUM

Funny that you mention this, we have changed a lot of stuff in the subscriptions, all 3 of them.

*MISSIONS

We have developed an idea of missions as "contracts". You can purchase the contract or find it in-game that will give you X time to perform certain missions.

This is still under development and will not be released untill the patch after this one. The reason why is because this patch we are adding something huge, stay tuned for the devblog.

I left my two cents ^

Most of your points have actually been taken really seriously this patch, as many of these things have been mentioned by various people.

• Love 3

Force Asians to play on HK servers and they will play it :) trust me.

Delete some servers we had so much Colorado servers .. make it just 3 or 4 ... like cali. (they will be full)

also u can add 1 PVE server ... would be nice for newbies also :) ... 

FOG is natural .. okey.. but delete them i dont want be forced on POTATO settings :D ( @Silenterror if i play on potato settings and my pc is to good so i will play on chips settings. cuz my pc gonna roasted that) :D 

Edited by unislav

Fred sounds like the next patch is really awesome!!!  The ping fix so players dont get killed after getting behind cover will do a lot to make less players rage quit.  Players don't mind getting killed when it *feels* fair and square, but get frustrated quickly when they duck then die a half second later.  Looking forward to the devblog a lot too!  Always really insightful!

Silentteror ...your comment on the fog is obnoxious and wildly out of touch... 

@Silenterror You are telling me that less quality  means less fog?
WELL my friend, im already playing on lowest settings possible and its not my pc that sucks.
And fog that i screenshoted is with lowest quality settings so your answer is just as nonsense as you calling me out for making drama and  complaining 'every day' on discord.

YOU are the main reason im making these threads because every time i write some problems newz has you're the first one who will spam '!cat' and move my comments so people wont see it.

Im 100% sure that i want this game to come to life 5 times more than you and that explains 2 videos per 6 months you're 'uploading' and promoting game. :))))))))

Now for the @ElChupacabra and @HEARTBREAKER im really glad you've read all of these and i know all these ideas are not something that can be done over night but can you atleast try and give us just one or two EU ColoradoV2 official servers with a 90ms ping limit.

Looking forward for the Right peak and latency fix <3

• Love 2

6 minutes ago, linvus said:

YOU are the main reason im making these threads because every time i write some problems newz has you're the first one who will spam '!cat' and move my comments so people wont see it.

Can relate to that. Thanks linvus for stepping out into the crossfire! <3

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, linvus said:

WELL my friend, im already playing on lowest settings possible and its not my pc that sucks.
And fog that i screenshoted is with lowest quality settings so your answer is just as nonsense as you calling me out for making drama and  complaining 'every day' on discord.

Im 100% sure that i want this game to come to life 5 times more than you and that explains 2 videos per 6 months you're 'uploading' and promoting game. :))))))))

Now for the @ElChupacabra and @HEARTBREAKER im really glad you've read all of these and i know all these ideas are not something that can be done over night but can you atleast try and give us just one or two EU ColoradoV2 official servers with a 90ms ping limit.

Believe me that thanks to your post and the feedback of many players, in the next patches there will be important changes and requests from the community. Im going to focus on being closer to the community to listen to your ideas and suggestions, because there is no better way to create a game than to listen to your community :x

• Love 2

33 minutes ago, linvus said:

!cat Kappa