Sign in to follow this  
Lauchboy

A different approach to zombie danger level

10 posts in this topic

Right now zombies are a joke. Other than supers or you fucking up big time by pulling 20 at a time, there is no real threat coming from our brainless friends. There has always been suggestions about making the range higher or implementing some real screamers and the introduction of sprinters helped out a bit, but here is what I noticed:

Compared to lets say The Walking Dead, I always know when a Zombies is aproaching me because they do that "oh here i come" scream when ever they aggro you. That scream allerts me and I can prepare and rarely get surprised by a zombie

What if there was "sneakers" , Zombies that dont scream when they start running at you but rather simultaneously with their first attack. This would be super scary just like when Rick Grimes gets attacked by a Walker coming from nowhere. This would lead to a more cautious, thrilling loot experience where people constantly check for zombies, turn arround more often and are more scared over all.

This requires almost no coding as well since all of the work is pretty much there.

Zombies in this game should play a bigger role especially in survival and deserve some love. This might be a first step

• Like 2

I like your idea of making zombies more dangerous, maybe with more damage per hit or even create a new super zombie. Maybe a good idea will be to implement zones on the map with a good loot/box and add these new zombies so that it is almost impossible to access it B|

more zombies , more zombies skins , more range human and sound detection from nearby zombies, increase zombies walking speed , Jumping cost more stamana

Creating new zombies and new kind of zombies is something we plan to work on really soon. Stay tuned! We are still gathering feedbacks and ideas on how we could make the Survival mode less "easy". Let's see! :) 

• Like 1

yeah imo. entering airport in survival should be like entering a dungeon in any RPG. You need to come prepared and with a plan, but canhave a chance for good reward from it.

Zombies help a lot. 

-> "Sneakers" as mentioned above

-> "Big bad boys"  Maybe zombies being different size, different range and different damage but not quite super zombie level

-> "followers" - Zombies that can follow other ones that are running toward you creating "waves" running at players

different models might be cool, but a lot for work without much gameplay value

1 hour ago, Lauchboy said:

yeah imo. entering airport in survival should be like entering a dungeon in any RPG. You need to come prepared and with a plan, but canhave a chance for good reward from it.

Zombies help a lot. 

-> "Sneakers" as mentioned above

-> "Big bad boys"  Maybe zombies being different size, different range and different damage but not quite super zombie level

-> "followers" - Zombies that can follow other ones that are running toward you creating "waves" running at players

different models might be cool, but a lot for work without much gameplay value

It's not that easy to do that, specially when we have also other plans! :) Let's see what we can do there.

wow nice. when you do get around to making some tougher zombies, pleas for the love of god dont give in to the people saying they are too hard and then nerfing them. (this seems to be a trend in this game and others over the years)

37 minutes ago, MrTurner said:

wow nice. when you do get around to making some tougher zombies, pleas for the love of god dont give in to the people saying they are too hard and then nerfing them. (this seems to be a trend in this game and others over the years)

There will always be changes that all players like, but the news will be based on your ideas and suggestions. I think this is the best way to get closer to the community :x

It reminded me of the Snes Doom game. When you play in the easiest mode, the game monsters scream from a distance, and you already know someone's coming. In the most difficult mode, monsters only scream on two occasions: if they realize that you saw it, or when they are already hurting you. It's a fright after another. I liked your idea.