Sign in to follow this  
Lauchboy

Suggestion for when the new map is introduced

5 posts in this topic

Hey there folks, here is my few cents on something I would have loved to get implemented for a long time and that could help the new map:

Rework the loot system to a point where you NEED to travel the world in order to get your hands on everything . 

Thats pretty much it. Right now there is not a lot of incentive to go to different locations. You can stay where ever you want to and farm/fight there. You can even hop servers at freaking Hidden Forrest ranch and farm a good bunch of military loot... there is even a super zombie. This is just unbarable even for open world...

You should move arround based on your needs or at least have characters at the different spots.

You want food, supplies or certain crafting material? Cities and big villages got your back

You need meds? Better look for the nearest hospital

You need military guns? well you either get lucky or go for the 1-2 locations where you can find it

You want to kill a super zombie? Guess you need to farm this or that certain place then. 

You are looking for NVGs? Well we have a mine/quarry where those were used on a regular basis

You are interested in military gear? Those military camps might help.

There should not be any KStyle Helmets in a civilian house. There should not be 5 medkits on a carcrash. Ther should not be machine guns on a fucking hidden forrest ranch.

Enhancing player movement by givin incentives will not only make the exploration of the new map more natural, it will automatically establish certain pvp areas and draw players into them. You either go to the quarry or you wont likely get NVGs. To some this is just easy pvp, to others this is a "get in, get stuff, get out" type of dungeon adventure. 

This might come in handy with another suggestion made a few weeks ago. There should be a wipe or some sort of separate GI for the new map, otherwise people will not need to move and get new equipment.

Both of those suggestions combined might bring back some of that "old" WarZ feeling I totally miss.

Another idea might be reworking the zombie loot. Couldn´t a zombie that drops an item already have it before you kill it? Like a helmet being on a zombies head or a zombie having armor on him, a backpack that can be picked up and have potential loot in it? This is a lot of coding and animation work, but hell this would be nice. Think about watching a horde of zombies  carefully because they might have something you want.

Or imagine players being killed by anything but a headshot turning into zombies and walking arround instead of disappearing and leaving a pile of loot... my wet dream...

• Love 2

6 hours ago, Lauchboy said:

Hey there folks, here is my few cents on something I would have loved to get implemented for a long time and that could help the new map:

Rework the loot system to a point where you NEED to travel the world in order to get your hands on everything . 

Thats pretty much it. Right now there is not a lot of incentive to go to different locations. You can stay where ever you want to and farm/fight there. You can even hop servers at freaking Hidden Forrest ranch and farm a good bunch of military loot... there is even a super zombie. This is just unbarable even for open world...

You should move arround based on your needs or at least have characters at the different spots.

You want food, supplies or certain crafting material? Cities and big villages got your back

You need meds? Better look for the nearest hospital

You need military guns? well you either get lucky or go for the 1-2 locations where you can find it

You want to kill a super zombie? Guess you need to farm this or that certain place then. 

You are looking for NVGs? Well we have a mine/quarry where those were used on a regular basis

You are interested in military gear? Those military camps might help.

There should not be any KStyle Helmets in a civilian house. There should not be 5 medkits on a carcrash. Ther should not be machine guns on a fucking hidden forrest ranch.

Enhancing player movement by givin incentives will not only make the exploration of the new map more natural, it will automatically establish certain pvp areas and draw players into them. You either go to the quarry or you wont likely get NVGs. To some this is just easy pvp, to others this is a "get in, get stuff, get out" type of dungeon adventure. 

This might come in handy with another suggestion made a few weeks ago. There should be a wipe or some sort of separate GI for the new map, otherwise people will not need to move and get new equipment.

Both of those suggestions combined might bring back some of that "old" WarZ feeling I totally miss.

Another idea might be reworking the zombie loot. Couldn´t a zombie that drops an item already have it before you kill it? Like a helmet being on a zombies head or a zombie having armor on him, a backpack that can be picked up and have potential loot in it? This is a lot of coding and animation work, but hell this would be nice. Think about watching a horde of zombies  carefully because they might have something you want.

Or imagine players being killed by anything but a headshot turning into zombies and walking arround instead of disappearing and leaving a pile of loot... my wet dream...

I love all those ideas especially the players turning into zombies :) 

• Haha 1

Yeah imagine the feeling when spawning in at airport and seing a poor noob that turned into a zombie walking arround :D with all chrome armor and military backpack...

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, Lauchboy said:

Yeah imagine the feeling when spawning in at airport and seing a poor noob that turned into a zombie walking arround :D with all chrome armor and military backpack...

I have imagined this situation and believe that I have laughed a lot! I think you should add it or create an event with this, it would be really fun xD