SurZeus

Survival Revive Time

12 posts in this topic

Ok so pretty much everone playing survival is aware of the difference between Premium and non Premium revive time.For Premium users its 5 minutes and for the normal users its 10 minutes which indeed is something that premium players deserve but these values are still not the best ones.

The biggest problem is that the most of the current survival player base is using normal accounts and therefore I can say that the time of the revive is not right at this moment.The biggest problem is that when such a player (normal user) dies and then will be back on the server he will never be able to get his stuff back because it will be already despawned due to ~7 MIN item de-spawn timer.This creates an unfair advantage for new players who would be only getting annoyed after each death and then they will think that game is P2W and might stop playing.So im here with possible sollutions and their pros and cons.

1.Reduce revive time to 3 Minutes for Premium users and to 5 Minutes for Non premium users.

Pros:

• Everyone will have a chance of getting their items back.
  • PVP will become more dynamics - many ppl from open world are used to join pvp instantly after death this could help them addapting to the survival.
  • Players with slower PC's will have chance as well.

Cons:

-Don't see any becasue 3 minutes is enough to get gear from people u killeld and run away.

2.Increase item de-spawn time to 12-15 minutes for Survival Game Mode.

Regards SurZeus

Edited by SurZeus
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

I asked Svena a while ago about changing it and it was a fast no, if they do, it may help the ghosting that is just pissing me off as its perfect for stream sniping to ghost in behind you. If the timer was like 2.5 min then maybe they would just wait. But i agree its hard on the fresh accounts to get your their loot back. I disagree with loot being live for 12 minutes thats insane. When you die it should be gone fast as it also a FPS issue, the longer and more gear in the area will run into fps problems if i understood correctly.

Survival game mode is for hard core players, you need to loot and survive...its not PVE, want PVE hit a private serve althought i think Svena talked about looking into adding some PVE servers during the last Q&A.

I agree with @Lost on you and @Ice 9. This is made to first, bring a hardcore feeling on the game mode. This is supposed to be a Survival mode, where you have scavenge for your loot and try to survive because if you die; you must wait 5 or 10 minutes. If you reduce it,  you'll first kinda "fuck up" this feeling but also make it more PVP based. 

That's just my personal opinion. 

• Love 2

Back on I:SS you had to wait 1 Hour or pay 40 GC to revive, compared to the current revive system it was way worse.

I am completely fine with this revive system.
But actually this:

3 hours ago, kazmightONFIRE said:

If you reduce it,  you'll first kinda "fuck up" this feeling but also make it more PVP based. 

makes people switch to Open World or they quit the game at all.

People became lazy these days.

11 hours ago, isnt said:

Back on I:SS you had to wait 1 Hour or pay 40 GC to revive, compared to the current revive system it was way worse.

I am completely fine with this revive system.
But actually this:

makes people switch to Open World or they quit the game at all.

People became lazy these days.

1st of all, this.  Player dies >  nothing to do for 5-10 mins because you only want 1 main character anyways.  What to do with my 10 mins?  *Player checks out open world, never plays survival again*

Also there is the reality that NewZ crashes.  Svena will of course tell you NewZ rarely crashes unless its an issue with your PC, but we all know thats silly.  NewZ crashes lots, and most ...nearly all... deaths to zombies are due to crashes.  A bad computer just means you will crash more.  10 min timer means game crashes > permanently lose items > quit game mode / entire game > NewZ loses potential money.  

3 mins premium 5 mins regular is perfect.  

Unlrelated, but this game mode REALLY needs loadouts.  

Stubborn devs unlikely to make significant changes, despite the mode having a tiny player base which suggests it needs some things to be changed up.  

Edited by p51mustang23

On 17/04/2018 at 1:11 AM, p51mustang23 said:

1st of all, this.  Player dies >  nothing to do for 5-10 mins because you only want 1 main character anyways.  What to do with my 10 mins?  *Player checks out open world, never plays survival again*

Also there is the reality that NewZ crashes.  Svena will of course tell you NewZ rarely crashes unless its an issue with your PC, but we all know thats silly.  NewZ crashes lots, and most ...nearly all... deaths to zombies are due to crashes.  A bad computer just means you will crash more.  10 min timer means game crashes > permanently lose items > quit game mode / entire game > NewZ loses potential money.  

3 mins premium 5 mins regular is perfect.  

Unlrelated, but this game mode REALLY needs loadouts.  

Stubborn devs unlikely to make significant changes, despite the mode having a tiny player base which suggests it needs some things to be changed up.  

Actually, you're a bit wrong. There is many players on Survival mode that like to PVP there. They don't mind to have to play on different characters. @SurZeus can agree with me for sure.

Then, of course the game crashes sometimes. But it's definitely not every 10 mins that you will crash between zombies. I crash rarely, tho. And god knows that my PC isn't that strong. It's just ordered and cleant from all the useless programs that could affect your game experience. :) 

1 hour ago, kazmightONFIRE said:

Actually, you're a bit wrong. There is many players on Survival mode that like to PVP there. They don't mind to have to play on different characters. @SurZeus can agree with me for sure.

Then, of course the game crashes sometimes. But it's definitely not every 10 mins that you will crash between zombies. I crash rarely, tho. And god knows that my PC isn't that strong. It's just ordered and cleant from all the useless programs that could affect your game experience. :) 

See, you've just shown exactly where your mindset is wrong.  people "don't mind" having to do lots of things.  I don't post suggestions so you can get the game to a state where people "don't mind" x, y and z features.  You want to make the features of the game both as fun and logical as possible.  

A 2.5min lockout on all charchters on survival would make way more sense.  Having a 2nd character defeats any functional purpose of the death timer, and just makes the game more tedious (not fun) to play as you have to move characters around to whatever spot you pvp at, and if you want to move you have to move 2+ characters, probably at least partially on foot.  Furthermore, the people who really lose out are the new players who become confused and annoyed when they get killed by a veteran players using this bizarre element of gamesmanship against them.  

My game doesn't crash a ton either, but it crashes more than any other game I've played recently.  I've played about 5000 hours of world of warcraft (thats kind of embaressing...) and i don't recall it crashing EVER.  Worst that ever happened was a server disconnect.  And I played it on at least one potato.  NewZ crashes about once a day for normal players who play 2-5 hours a day, more so if cars are involved at all.  I've seen a car drive towards a 10 man clan and crash (not disconnect, crash) 6 people out instantly ...some of them running GTX 1080's and equivalent cpu's.  I get that the comparison isn't fair as blizzard have billions$$ invested in that game, but you get the point.  

Edited by p51mustang23

4 hours ago, p51mustang23 said:

See, you've just shown exactly where your mindset is wrong.  people "don't mind" having to do lots of things.  I don't post suggestions so you can get the game to a state where people "don't mind" x, y and z features.  You want to make the features of the game both as fun and logical as possible.  

A 2.5min lockout on all charchters on survival would make way more sense.  Having a 2nd character defeats any functional purpose of the death timer, and just makes the game more tedious (not fun) to play as you have to move characters around to whatever spot you pvp at, and if you want to move you have to move 2+ characters, probably at least partially on foot.  Furthermore, the people who really lose out are the new players who become confused and annoyed when they get killed by a veteran players using this bizarre element of gamesmanship against them.  

My game doesn't crash a ton either, but it crashes more than any other game I've played recently.  I've played about 5000 hours of world of warcraft (thats kind of embaressing...) and i don't recall it crashing EVER.  Worst that ever happened was a server disconnect.  And I played it on at least one potato.  NewZ crashes about once a day for normal players who play 2-5 hours a day, more so if cars are involved at all.  I've seen a car drive towards a 10 man clan and crash (not disconnect, crash) 6 people out instantly ...some of them running GTX 1080's and equivalent cpu's.  I get that the comparison isn't fair as blizzard have billions$$ invested in that game, but you get the point.  

I understand that you want to say about the time to revive, from your point of view that you think it would be good to make the time to revive useful. Regarding the crashes, as you well say you can not compare a company like Blizzard with any other company, I honestly understand you and I know what you mean, I as a player also complain about this, but believe me as part of the staff we do everything possible to fix these problems update after update, this is influenced by millions of things that developers constantly solve to offer a game more clean and stable.

If i had to wait 3 min's to get my itens back, I wouldn't mind to die at all....
As a Survival mode, the point here is to survive, and If you have to wait a lot to revive again... one more reason to play careful!!
Also, you have 5 slots for characters, and If you really want to play PvP, you getting it all wrong having only ONE character.