Sign in to follow this  
Sven

Q&A Live-Stream #8 Announcement!

9 posts in this topic

u6TSD5D.jpg

Dear Players,

We would like to announce official live-stream Q&A #8 where we allow our community to ask us anything they want about the game. Want to ask us something? This is your moment! Our developer Sven will be doing the live Q&A together with our community manager; Luan (ElChupaCabra). Want to know more? Make sure to tune in! Below you can find the exact details:

Even if you don't have any questions, which we are sure of you'll have, just come swing by to say hi! Feel also free to already ask some questions in reply to this thread as we will be discussing those as well in the live stream.

Watch back today's Q&A:

Today's Q&A Summarized up:

6 hours ago, SuyZ said:

YOU CAN FIND THE VOD HERE:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/246114779

NEW MAP INFORMATION:

READ THE DEVBLOG ABOUT THE NEW OPEN WORLD AND SURVIVAL MAP HERE: 

NEW MAP INFORMATION:

INFO FROM STREAM:

TWITCH CRATE INFORMATION: The Twitch x NewZ "event" is not just an event! It is here to stay permanently with new content to be added in the future. Just like the other skinboxes, the Twitch crate will contain exclusive Twitch content that can only be received from the Twitch crates. The items will range from very common (ie Twitch Riot Shields) to extremely rare (ie Twitch Heavy Armor). Of course, the content that will be included is still being discussed -- nothing confirmed yet. The only thing confirmed about the content is that new cosmetics will be added to it and nothing that is already in the game. Get hyped!

MY ACCOUNT IS LINKED, BUT I'M NOT RECEIVING ANY CRATES!: Double and triple check that your account is correctly linked. Make sure the Twitch account you are watching NewZ streams matches the one you have linked on the website. Make sure the NewZ account you have linked to Twitch is the account you use to play NewZ! I've talked to a lot of players who have incorrectly linked their accounts. So make sure you both your Twitch and NewZ accounts are correct. You can verify all the information at http://www.playnewz.com/account.php

CRASHES, BUG SPLATS, OH MY!: Crashes are inevitable. The very best way to fix both new and old crashes for the game is to send a report! That pop-up window that shows up during your crash benefits you and the staff. The more crash reports you send the staff, the more likely that crash that you are experiencing will be fixed. Send the reports!

GIVE ME MY COMPETITIVE OR GIVE ME DEATH!: Sorry guys, no updates on an ETA for competitive. A lot still needs to be completed. For example, the staff needs to be able to create a server that opens then closes once the competitive match is over. This isn't the only feature that needs to be added, but is one of them. Hopefully, we will have more information in Q3 of this year.

CAN I UNLEARN THIS SKIN?: Short answer: No. Long answer: Nope.

WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE FURNITURE?: They are coming back! Check out this DevBlog by Silenterror for more information.

WILL I BE ABLE TO ENTER MORE BUILDINGS IN THE FUTURE?: As time goes on, you will be able to enter. Updating, optimizing, and balancing buildings/models takes time. It is possible that players will be able to enter more buildings in the future.

KILLA CALI KILLING MY FRAMES: Unfortunately, a lot of the models are incomplete which causes the lower frame rate compared to Colorado. Similar to the previous answer, updating, optimizing, and balancing buildings/models takes time.

THE RIGHT PEAKING DILEMMA: Right peaking is always being evaluated. Due to the camera system in this game, it is very difficult to fix it instantly. As many of you veteran players know, it is more difficult to "right peak shoot" compared to the past. Players actively look for ways to right/left peak to their advantage with each "fix", so it is difficult to completely remove this issue, but everyone on the staff is aware of right/left peaking as they continuously look into it.

WHAT'S NEW SURVIVAL?: Better crafting UI, more craftable items, and the ability to harvest materials (think harvesting tool in previous installments). No information on the rarity of the harvesting tool in regards to the increased use of woodshield barricades.

CLAN USER INTERFACE REWORK: The user interface for clans will be updated in the future. No ETA as there are other priorities, but the staff is aware of the fact that the interface needs a overhaul. 

Best Regards,

// The New Z - Staff Team

• Like 2

NEW MAP INFORMATION:

NEW MAP INFORMATION:

INFO FROM STREAM:

TWITCH CRATE INFORMATION: The Twitch x NewZ "event" is not just an event! It is here to stay permanently with new content to be added in the future. Just like the other skinboxes, the Twitch crate will contain exclusive Twitch content that can only be received from the Twitch crates. The items will range from very common (ie Twitch Riot Shields) to extremely rare (ie Twitch Heavy Armor). Of course, the content that will be included is still being discussed -- nothing confirmed yet. The only thing confirmed about the content is that new cosmetics will be added to it and nothing that is already in the game. Get hyped!

MY ACCOUNT IS LINKED, BUT I'M NOT RECEIVING ANY CRATES!: Double and triple check that your account is correctly linked. Make sure the Twitch account you are watching NewZ streams matches the one you have linked on the website. Make sure the NewZ account you have linked to Twitch is the account you use to play NewZ! I've talked to a lot of players who have incorrectly linked their accounts. So make sure you both your Twitch and NewZ accounts are correct. You can verify all the information at http://www.playnewz.com/account.php

CRASHES, BUG SPLATS, OH MY!: Crashes are inevitable. The very best way to fix both new and old crashes for the game is to send a report! That pop-up window that shows up during your crash benefits you and the staff. The more crash reports you send the staff, the more likely that crash that you are experiencing will be fixed. Send the reports!

GIVE ME MY COMPETITIVE OR GIVE ME DEATH!: Sorry guys, no updates on an ETA for competitive. A lot still needs to be completed. For example, the staff needs to be able to create a server that opens then closes once the competitive match is over. This isn't the only feature that needs to be added, but is one of them. Hopefully, we will have more information in Q3 of this year.

WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE FURNITURE?: They are coming back! Check out this DevBlog by Silenterror for more information.

WILL I BE ABLE TO ENTER MORE BUILDINGS IN THE FUTURE?: As time goes on, you will be able to enter. Updating, optimizing, and balancing buildings/models takes time. It is possible that players will be able to enter more buildings in the future.

KILLA CALI KILLING MY FRAMES: Unfortunately, a lot of the models are incomplete which causes the lower frame rate compared to Colorado. Similar to the previous answer, updating, optimizing, and balancing buildings/models takes time.

THE RIGHT PEAKING DILEMMA: Right peaking is always being evaluated. Due to the camera system in this game, it is very difficult to fix it instantly. As many of you veteran players know, it is more difficult to "right peak shoot" compared to the past. Players actively look for ways to right/left peak to their advantage with each "fix", so it is difficult to completely remove this issue, but everyone on the staff is aware of right/left peaking as they continuously look into it.

WHAT'S NEW SURVIVAL?: Better crafting UI, more craftable items, and the ability to harvest materials (think harvesting tool in previous installments). No information on the rarity of the harvesting tool in regards to the increased use of woodshield barricades.

CLAN USER INTERFACE REWORK: The user interface for clans will be updated in the future. No ETA as there are other priorities, but the staff is aware of the fact that the interface needs a overhaul. 

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, SuyZ said:

NEW MAP INFORMATION:

NEW MAP INFORMATION:

INFO FROM STREAM:

Dude. Thanks so much for this!

For everyone:

If you didn't catch this live Q&A don't worry we will do more in the near future. Don't hesitate to write in the comments here if you still have questions! ;)

Best Regards,

Sven