Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
norbey142

Servers

Recommended Posts

I think the top priority is and always has to be providing the most comfortable and enjoyable ingame experience and due to the relatively small playerbase having different servers or ques will result in having to wait too long for agame to start. Having two different maps up and running 24/7 already is a problem and in my personal experience there are almost no Tropico games starting from 1 to 8 am CET.

I think the BR servers are currently EU based, because it is a compromise that results in players from all regions  having an acceptable connection everyone can play on.

Splitting the playerbase would pretty much kill the game mode. I totally understand that having a higher ping feels bad, but it is the only solution possible right now. All we can do is get more friends involved, because as soon as the playerbase grows there will be more servers for sure!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, norbey142 said:

Hello!! it should be fine if there is a list of server from which the player can select where to play, based in ping and number of players in the lobby.  What do you think about it?

You can view your ping if you hover your mouse cursor over the connection bar when selecting servers,  And servers already have lists of players currently joining/currently in the game server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/3/2018 at 8:22 PM, Lauchboy said:

I think the top priority is and always has to be providing the most comfortable and enjoyable ingame experience and due to the relatively small playerbase having different servers or ques will result in having to wait too long for agame to start. Having two different maps up and running 24/7 already is a problem and in my personal experience there are almost no Tropico games starting from 1 to 8 am CET.

I think the BR servers are currently EU based, because it is a compromise that results in players from all regions  having an acceptable connection everyone can play on.

Splitting the playerbase would pretty much kill the game mode. I totally understand that having a higher ping feels bad, but it is the only solution possible right now. All we can do is get more friends involved, because as soon as the playerbase grows there will be more servers for sure!

 

 

I have been playin Newz for a month and I´m from SouthAmerica then I have to choose between US server (ping around 130) or EU server (ping around 200) whenever I choose US server the lobby rarely start a game becouse people have to wait to much then leave and choose EU server though the higher ping. Maybe the player await a bit more due to lower ping. And the list that Im saying only have 8 rows, one for every map and region combination.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, KOTAZ said:

You can view your ping if you hover your mouse cursor over the connection bar when selecting servers,  And servers already have lists of players currently joining/currently in the game server.

Are you talking about Battle Royale? becouse ever I havent see what you are saying.

I want to say that there is a bug (or maybe there is intentional) that after a Battle Royale game the region that you have choosen before sets automatically to EU. This take down players from other regions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, norbey142 said:

Are you talking about Battle Royale? becouse ever I havent see what you are saying.

I want to say that there is a bug (or maybe there is intentional) that after a Battle Royale game the region that you have choosen before sets automatically to EU. This take down players from other regions.

My bad just realised that you were referring to the BR servers, for BR I think your idea is pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/03/2018 at 11:18 PM, norbey142 said:

Hello!! it should be fine if there is a list of server from which the player can select where to play, based in ping and number of players in the lobby.  What do you think about it?

Would be really annoying for the streamers tho. They could get easily stream sniped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...