IWrath

Teaming solution. Tropico - Solo Only / Arizona v2 Solo & Group

Yay or Nay  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do it?

• Yay
    • Nay

6 posts in this topic

Teaming is ridiculous on both maps and makes it incredibly not fun for solo players 7/10 games.

Instead of making individual solo / group queues for each map which would put a hurting on activity simply make Tropico, the smaller of the two Solo only and Arizona the way it is.

BR is incredibly fun, being screwed repeatedly without lubrication is not.

Edited by IWrath
Grammar.

Being able to play with friends is adding a lot to the game. Talking strats, discussing what happened or just simply spending time together is key to having fun long term and therefor adds value to BR as a whole.

I know that having to fight 1v3 is frustrating, but you can build your strategy arround that quite well. I personally feel like a group of three is super easy to recognize and camp. As  long as it is no 1v3 when Radiation is below 500, there is always a chance to play around. And ultimately everybody always got the option to group up as well. Just bring a bunch of friends, it will be more fun and you will probably be more successfull ;)

3 hours ago, Lauchboy said:

Being able to play with friends is adding a lot to the game. Talking strats, discussing what happened or just simply spending time together is key to having fun long term and therefor adds value to BR as a whole.

I know that having to fight 1v3 is frustrating, but you can build your strategy arround that quite well. I personally feel like a group of three is super easy to recognize and camp. As  long as it is no 1v3 when Radiation is below 500, there is always a chance to play around. And ultimately everybody always got the option to group up as well. Just bring a bunch of friends, it will be more fun and you will probably be more successfull ;)

I'm not suggesting removing groups though. I'm simply saying you get to team on arizona and the smaller tropico is left for solo only.

We all play solo whether it's all the time, most of the time, or here and there. It's best to let Solo Q's thrive instead driving the solo people away from the game because every lobby is overrun by teams. Make one map solo, one map solo/teams.

Edited by IWrath

On 10/03/2018 at 9:09 PM, IWrath said:

Teaming is ridiculous on both maps and makes it incredibly not fun for solo players 7/10 games.

Instead of making individual solo / group queues for each map which would put a hurting on activity simply make Tropico, the smaller of the two Solo only and Arizona the way it is.

BR is incredibly fun, being screwed repeatedly without lubrication is not.

That's a good idead but like Launchboy said, people used to team-up also on Tropico. There is only one solution: having solo servers and grouping servers BUT for that we need more players on BR! :)

8 hours ago, kazmightONFIRE said:

That's a good idead but like Launchboy said, people used to team-up also on Tropico. There is only one solution: having solo servers and grouping servers BUT for that we need more players on BR! :)

Which goes back to it's very hard for new players to enjoy BR because of nonstop teams, everywhere, all the time.

I do not think removing the group feature from BR is a viable option and ultimately people will always team up even without the grouping. As long as there is only one lobby at a time, not like the big BR games, where you dont necesssarlily get matched with each other, grouping will be in there.

But I can totally see a lot of solutions to at least help solo players:

- A ranking system where you get more reward for getting high as a solo player

- making it Gold/Silver/Bronze for getting the top 3 (you can die on position 7 with two groups of three left and STILL get Bronze)

- Spawns that favor solo players, maybe even with a starting item

- Airdrop/SZ spawn that favors the solo players

Edited by Lauchboy