Sven

DevBlog - The New Open World / Survival Map

183 posts in this topic

On 19/04/2018 at 1:20 AM, Sven said:

wooCtZJ.png

Area 69............ HUGE UNDERGROUND SYSTEM UNDER. Note: This is far away from done. but it's getting there! :D

So hyped that this is coming back :)

39 minutes ago, Sven said:

I know I announced a stream today but I am not going to make it simply due to the amount of stuff that has to get done. Tomorrow there will be a live Q&A at 16:00, https://www.twitch.tv/sven/

I'll let you guys know when I am going to do the next stream. Have a lot of cool stuff for the map finished already but there is still some left. Stay tuned! <3

Sven, does it last longer than a month before you guys are realising the map?

3 hours ago, Keymbo said:

Sven, does it last longer than a month before you guys are realising the map?

No. Its gonna be earlier. Planning in finishing the majority in upcoming week.

Today last day of finishing / integrating content. Got some cool new villas (yes, with glass :D )

chx5bkb.png

• Like 2

some more buildings. (this is not everything and just a quick ss)

Eg4Rzci.png

all enterable btw

• Like 1

I hope you are getting well paid for ur work. It's looking so great Sven Keep your good Work up!

Looking great so far 10/10

In the meanwhile, we are also working on the inside of the buildings with details to make it a bit more realistic. Some screenshots:

New garage:

image.png

Post Office:

image.png

Military Office: 

image.png

:)

• Like 1

Continuing tomorrow again. If any of you have some more ideas let me know in the comments here and I'll consider it!

Good night! <3

I would call the isolated island Vulcano , since it looks like a crater from the blurred picture. Also where will the safezone be? 

Is Colorado going to be removed when this map comes out? Can we rent this map as soon as it comes out?

5 hours ago, Chief_Plasma24 said:

I would call the isolated island Vulcano , since it looks like a crater from the blurred picture. Also where will the safezone be? 

Is Colorado going to be removed when this map comes out? Can we rent this map as soon as it comes out?

Colorado wont be removed but we aim for a "natural switch".

Safezone will be in the center of the map! We want to try having 1 safezone only in the exact center!

So the obvious question is this with a new game engine or are you still relying on the old one ? If it's the old one whats the frame rate going to be like with a 100 players on it at the same time ?

7 minutes ago, 135814n said:

So the obvious question is this with a new game engine or are you still relying on the old one ? If it's the old one whats the frame rate going to be like with a 100 players on it at the same time ?

It's pretty much exactly like how the Colorado v2 experience is..

1 hour ago, Sven said:

Colorado wont be removed but we aim for a "natural switch".

Safezone will be in the center of the map! We want to try having 1 safezone only in the exact center!

That means the sort of crater in the middle is going to be the safezone?

The water around it makes it easy to camp? like if you try to swim over, just snipe them befor they get out of the water?!

I see you have added some snowy areas, would be cool to get some snowy places like it was at weather station back in the day. With snow footsteps and all :D

On 26-4-2018 at 9:09 PM, SuyZ said:

Will the glass be penetrable/breakable? 

Not yet, which is the reason why only SOME parts are glass. Still have to figure apex for it. Would work in the future though, let's trigger Fred and make him enable / fix it! :D

On 26-4-2018 at 10:09 PM, Chief_Plasma24 said:

That means the sort of crater in the middle is going to be the safezone?

The water around it makes it easy to camp? like if you try to swim over, just snipe them befor they get out of the water?!

Don't worry. It's VERY hard to estimate size based on this minimap. The center safe zone has A LOT of hills / trees / rocks and other cover so I don't think camping would be an issue. We will see, (also the reason why we're releasing for OW first) - Possibly a BETA.

On 28-4-2018 at 9:13 AM, Red Energy said:

I see you have added some snowy areas, would be cool to get some snowy places like it was at weather station back in the day. With snow footsteps and all :D

There will be. Made already a concept of a huge skiing are with elevators etc. Only thing is that exactly THIS area wont be available in the first version / release of the map..

Guys, major update from me:

As some of you know - probably guessed: I've been working 24/7 on the map. The past weeks have been great and unfortunately I have not been able to keep this up PLUS the streaming. I also wanted to make sure there is parts of the map that you guys don't see on stream to keep the map interesting on release.

As I explained earlier the map is being worked on by 2 people: me and silent. Because of my current upcoming situation we decided already a while back that my part would be done first and afterwards silent will do his part. My part, which is "visually" the most of work where I have done all the POI's, terrain shaping, overall painting and overall work is DONE NOW.

It's literally Silent's part left now for the first release of this map. Now his part is pretty much: remaining details, remaining detailed terrain painting, improvements, double check my stuff, loot, zombies, player spawns, and some other stuff. Please do NOT underestimate this because this is also A LOT of work but at the same time we're getting to an end now. THIS IS LEFT

Once again from my end at least for the first released version of the map is done. This is all planned because for the upcoming 1.5-2 weeks I will be travelling.

I just wanted to write this update so that you all know what's going on and what the current status of the map is. Before you wonder "where is Sven" - now you know why! For those who would like to stay in touch just hit me up on Twitter! :D

I've asked silent to keep you all updated regarding his progress on the map!

Take care.

Best Regards,

Sven

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What is the best way to provide you with glitch/bug/other reports? just cut it all shortly into a yt vid or write a ticket for each thing? Can you livestream the new map and try to glitch to report it?! 

16 hours ago, Chief_Plasma24 said:

What is the best way to provide you with glitch/bug/other reports? just cut it all shortly into a yt vid or write a ticket for each thing? Can you livestream the new map and try to glitch to report it?! 

I posted a video of a bug on the forums from the last patch and it was fixed in the most recent one. :)

• Like 1

I start working now "behind" sven to paint the terrain, placing details, loot, zombie, player spawns and finishing it up for the release. ETA is still not there but we try to aim for the upcoming patch.

I will share some pictures every day with the updated terrain etc.

Here you see the Prison

gWglAOy.jpg

kSSjSE2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1