Sven

DevBlog - Oregon (New Map)

197 posts in this topic

Currently I see many interesting ideas and other very good suggestions, soon the new patch will come with new features and some changes based on feedback from our community. Thank you very much everyone and continue like this! :x

If you want new players you should add some noob friendly things 

like solo serwers or something

New players will not like this game if on every server they are rekt by teams full of veterans every time

Edited by AHTUNGpolak
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, AHTUNGpolak said:

If you want new players you should and some noob friendly things 

like solo serwers or something

New players will not like this game if on every server they are rekt by teams full of veterans every time

you are right, we are looking at this and the possibility of adding it again :x

56 minutes ago, AHTUNGpolak said:

How much time to new map release? Days? Weeks? Month?

No ETA, work is currently underway to make it as soon as possible.

On 2/22/2018 at 1:12 AM, Sven said:

You mean: durability? Haha. We have removed that in New Z and it will probably never come back. Sorry.

Best Regards,

Sven

I must admit that was one thing I hated was having a bunch of guns gear ect that was not 100% in my inventory SO GLAD it is a thing of the past and no plan to bring back

6 hours ago, alaskanhigh said:

I must admit that was one thing I hated was having a bunch of guns gear ect that was not 100% in my inventory SO GLAD it is a thing of the past and no plan to bring back

I honestly did not like the durability of the guns Svena69Cool

I have a suggestion for the new Map:

How about a really dense tropical Jungle area so snipers would be  unable to operate effectively due to the masses of trees and vegetation preventing them seeing other players until they were right on top of them.  Have an Aztec/Mayan  temple set up and small villages along a Jungle stream stream/river have unique extremely rare loot in the temple, and for survival you could have major diseases from the Jungle itself so limiting peoples time without meds in the area . Also make the respawns far outside of the Jungle 2k away so players can never camp it and will always have to trek back in to get the Loot instead of jumping from server to server grabbing everything.

BIG NEWS UPDATE!

We are finally there! The new map (which we called "Oregon" btw) is about to be beta released for players. This means that you guys WILL be able to play on it very soon!

What does the beta release mean?

The beta release of Oregon means that we are still working on the map but at the same time give the community the chance to try the new map out already. The current playable area that we will release for players is already the size of the current Colorado V2 map so imagine how big the map is going to be in the end. 

During the beta period we aim to fix as much issues as possible and improve the playable area as good as possible where we aim to fully release the map in a few weeks. We will do all this mostly based on feedback from community and moderators.

During the beta release Oregon will only be available in the Open World Official Servers list. Only a few servers in each region will be available with this map.

When will private servers be available for renting?

The full release of Oregon will be in a few weeks. When we fully release the map this means that it will be permanently available in the as Open World Official Servers and will be rent-able as private server. This in all regions.

xAH60av.jpg

What does the red areas mean on the map? When will players be able to go here?

The red areas on the minimap indicate areas where players can't go (yet). Only the down-left area of the map is playable and available for now. In future patches we will slowly start expanding the playable area where it pretty much keeps increasing and increasing.

In the meanwhile if you DO have any reports about this new map or any other map please report this to us through the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScqC7LdHvPtIrAciuNAIdIvkX6LMFNG4mPM5j5L5L6wXv_utA/viewform

Best regards,

// The New Z - Staff Team

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, Chief_Plasma24 said:

Good job, looking forward to play on it. If the servers are full, will you put more up? I dont want to try and find bugs on a 100pop server getting killed all the time.

We will base this on demand. We can always add more / remove more servers live. :)

2 minutes ago, Keymbo said:

Sven I hope the new Map will come on Friday :)

We are doing everything we can to get it done ASAP.

Hello.

I was on the map and it is amazing. :)

I wanted to ask two things:

I dont get exactly when the map is out in survival. When it is out there?

Are later on the maps smaller citys and farms? Now I think there too much miltary bases and big cities. I miss little cities and farms where you can "chill". :) Would be nice if some would be on the map. Maybe a area with only farms like in the east and colorado v2.

So I just wanted to say that the map is actually very well done so far and I am enjoying it.

However, I wanted to correct you on a few things regarding the layout of "Oregon" as Tacoma / Olympia and Bellevue as well as CenturyLink field are all parts of Washington state (I live in Tacoma to be exact). I think your theme would be better suited with the title of the map being Washington to be quite honest lol.

Portland is extremely far south of Olympia. Tacoma is north of Olympia, Centurylink Field is north of Tacoma located in Seattle, but west of Bellevue. Mercer Island is just northeast of Bellevue, and is basically the elitist (meaning in terms of money) area of Seattle/Bellevue. Also, north of Seattle there is a town called Shoreline. Yakima is east of everything lol (in the middle between eastern Washington ((Spokane)) and the Pacific Northwest). Another little fun fact, just a few minutes north of Tacoma is Federal Way, and north of that is SeaTac (Seattle-Tacoma International Airport) which would serve the airport area well. So far though, you guys have done an awesome job with intermixing WA and OR parts together. Loving it.

However, the layout is cool and I'm definitely digging it. Well done so far, and I hope to see a lot more progress with a lot of abandoned buildings and factories etc.

Edited by BeardMagic253
clarification, some other edits