Sven

DevBlog - Oregon (New Map)

197 posts in this topic

I can't wait for this either! But the inaccessible areas are areas still being worked on? Is that why we won't get to access it right away?
And this map is supposed to be the largest yet right?

20 hours ago, MrSuspiciousX said:

I can't wait for this either! But the inaccessible areas are areas still being worked on? Is that why we won't get to access it right away?
And this map is supposed to be the largest yet right?

Sven did like 40% of a finish map, placing towns and places. Now i have to go over it. Fix flying/misplaced objects/buildings. Add details like trash etc and then i have to paint the terrain. Then the environment will come right after. Then after these points, which will take some time, the loot, player and zombie spawns will come. So there is still a long way infront of us and as soon the map will be released, there will still be some areas which aren't completed.

Im impatient and you guys ?? hype hype !!!!! the map will be the biggest of all and with new areas / buildings and maybe more things :x

• Love 1

Pls dont fck up the lightning...the current survival one sucks and the best one imho was the old iss one and i mean all the color correction crap and grass tint has to return :D

Edited by SurZeus
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, SurZeus said:

Pls dont fck up the lightning...the current survival one sucks and the best one imho was the old iss one and i mean all the color correction crap and grass tint has to return :D

You mean "lighting" right? This part will be done at the end. Right now i am using V2 settings.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, Silenterror said:

Sven did like 40% of a finish map, placing towns and places. Now i have to go over it. Fix flying/misplaced objects/buildings. Add details like trash etc and then i have to paint the terrain. Then the environment will come right after. Then after these points, which will take some time, the loot, player and zombie spawns will come. So there is still a long way infront of us and as soon the map will be released, there will still be some areas which aren't completed.

ah I see. So you guys release the smaller version, to let us get a taste for what it is like which will give ya feedback on what is good, what sucks, what might need fixed etc.
Like Live player testing.
Sounds like a good plan to me :D

14 hours ago, MrSuspiciousX said:

ah I see. So you guys release the smaller version, to let us get a taste for what it is like which will give ya feedback on what is good, what sucks, what might need fixed etc.
Like Live player testing.
Sounds like a good plan to me :D

Yes, we won't release the fully map and yes, the version will have bugs like flying objects etc and yes, it will start like a beta phase.

Here are also some new pictures. I am focusing on the environment right now. 

QZFsHN5.jpg

Qm4DtFR.jpg

msZHHTT.jpg

• Love 2

I like that multiple people are working on the map. Not every city or military area will feel the same since each person working on the map has their own preferences for design. Looking forward to this map!

Edited by SuyZ
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Looks good.I hope some medic buildings will be close to spawn so server hopping will be still possible.

+try v1 lightning maybe or the one from original ISS which imho wasthe best.Cuz now colors looks kinda dark.

4 hours ago, Silenterror said:

Yes, we won't release the fully map and yes, the version will have bugs like flying objects etc and yes, it will start like a beta phase.

Here are also some new pictures. I am focusing on the environment right now. 

QZFsHN5.jpg

Qm4DtFR.jpg

msZHHTT.jpg

Looks cool as always! If you guys need active testers to just do certain things in the map I have game design and tester experience with two major game companies, so I'd love to offer input and advice sometime. On this and other things rolling around in the ol' noggin lol.

Also, have you guys thought about something like a ship or crashed plane out in the middle of the really big body of water on this new map? Perhaps have in on a small strip of an island or some such thing, throw a super zombie spawn point in it with v1 lighting and fog... BAM! Instant scary because now you are isolated out in the middle of a huge body of water, with a very scary number of zombies.

Actually, maybe I should just post my list in Suggestions lol

Edited by MrSuspiciousX
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, MrSuspiciousX said:

1Also, have you guys thought about something like a ship or crashed plane out in the middle of the really big body of water on this new map? Perhaps have in on a small strip of an island or some such thing, throw a super zombie spawn point in it with v1 lighting and fog... BAM! Instant scary because now you are isolated out in the middle of a huge body of water, with a very scary number of zombies.

Actually, maybe I should just post my list in Suggestions lol

Exactly you should publish your post with your ideas and suggestions, it sounds pretty good and they seem interesting +1 ^_^

1 hour ago, Bravodog said:

@Silentterror do we have a drop date yet?

Currently there is no date for its release. They are working hard to make it as soon as possible Svena69Cheers

• Thanks 1

looks good cant wait. id like to see adding a swamp area where the swamp is taking the land back where the streets and buildings are flooded like boulder city.

2 hours ago, HEARTBREAKER said:

Currently there is no date for its release. They are working hard to make it as soon as possible Svena69Cheers

TY HB I was just looking for something to give the stream ;)

1 hour ago, Bravodog said:

TY HB I was just looking for something to give the stream ;)

we know it bravodog, thanks to you many players learn new things related to NewZ. Before its release you will have a pre-patch-notes to inform your viewers and continue with the good work you do for the community <3

New map suggestions

-make servers for 200 players (since the map is so big)
-monday-friday add daily quests for solo/group (collect, kill, earn exp etc), weekend pvp event, also add missions to complete with friend
-remove log-out banking system and lockers (to prevent mass item collecting)
-start with fresh global inventory
-remove riot shield (cmon just look at that shield to shield jumping-spinning pvp montages in your video sector) 
-add crafting system to the new map
-re-work crafting system - its shit, admit it
-add back Helicopter crash sites

Players
-remove survival + pvp servers (players are spread too widely, most servers with 5-15 players, peak 70)
-rework reputation system
-add back hunger/thirst (has to be back in Survival game)
-add back infection
-remove skill Walker Stalker

Drops
-reduce droprate on snipers, high end AR's
-increase droprate on Airdrops
-add back old skin recipes (at the moment no1 even picks these up, uselss)

Conclusion:
You have too many game modes at the moment, BR, PVP, Survival, Open World. You should have 1 mode that fits the majority.
Every mode has PVP in it (then why extra pvp servers?). You focus too much in PvP but should go for 50/50. Your game is not survival it has turned into
warz deathmatch.  You have survival + open world, basically same, survival just dont have snipers & shields/log-out banking.

On 11.05.2018 at 10:01 AM, sgregor said:

New map suggestions

-make servers for 200 players (since the map is so big)
-monday-friday add daily quests for solo/group (collect, kill, earn exp etc), weekend pvp event, also add missions to complete with friend
-remove log-out banking system and lockers (to prevent mass item collecting)
-start with fresh global inventory
-remove riot shield (cmon just look at that shield to shield jumping-spinning pvp montages in your video sector) 
-add crafting system to the new map
-re-work crafting system - its shit, admit it
-add back Helicopter crash sites

Players
-remove survival + pvp servers (players are spread too widely, most servers with 5-15 players, peak 70)
-rework reputation system
-add back hunger/thirst (has to be back in Survival game)
-add back infection
-remove skill Walker Stalker

Drops
-reduce droprate on snipers, high end AR's
-increase droprate on Airdrops
-add back old skin recipes (at the moment no1 even picks these up, uselss)

Conclusion:
You have too many game modes at the moment, BR, PVP, Survival, Open World. You should have 1 mode that fits the majority.
Every mode has PVP in it (then why extra pvp servers?). You focus too much in PvP but should go for 50/50. Your game is not survival it has turned into
warz deathmatch.  You have survival + open world, basically same, survival just dont have snipers & shields/log-out banking.

Do not need to remove the survival, but I agree that the game is solid pvp.A game about survival where it is not..There used to be one game mode with survival and it was good, but now the game is unlikely to be the same. It just turned into a pvc simulator, in which a lot of loot and 0 survival.So sad.