Sven

DevBlog - Oregon (New Map)

197 posts in this topic

First update! With this update I would like to explain and point out what the current status of the map is. Summarized up here's kind of what's done:

• Done the terrain, far layer, overall lighting settings (even though we will finish / adjust that in the final version of the map once everything is done).
  • Rio (the big main city) is in place. This city will be the main city of the map as it's in the center of the map.
  • Plans for the map and ideas for points of interest have been thought out. We now have a clear idea of what we want where.
  • Highway system for the south area of the map is done. We are planning on making the southern area of the map kind of like a sub-urban area with industries, big company's and overall bigger kind of cities.
  • Collections and terrain layers are prepared.

The plan now is to slowly start adding points of interests. (Points of interests we refer to as locations for example: cities, military areas etc.) Here's some pictures: (Keep in mind they are low quality and nothing like how the final end result will look)

w35oCpw.png w68SDf1.jpg

u6Ll2Jp.jpga4TA2Fp.png

• Love 1

It looks and sounds great. This will give those of us that have been around a fresh perspective on the game overall.

However, are you going to fix the major problem of the magical levitating loot? I do have to admit though, the main items that are floating are the least important. By this I mean, weapons, food, drink, and ammo are close to the ground. Armor and helmets are the floaters.

I would also like to know if we are keeping the Colorado maps and if so, can you PLEASE!!! Get rid of all the extraneous piles of boulders that I have pointed out in multiple previous posts. Also remove the overgrowth in Cottonwood Outpost? I have been told by @Silenterror that these two main issues would have been fixed long ago.

Another thing that was promised was a much needed update to the crafting system in Survival. Still the same old items. (I would also like to add that, since you made it possible to craft items, why not make it possible to disassemble items we have in inventory?

Thanks for all your hard work. And, as always, Have a Nice Day!!! B| erckDab

2 hours ago, Bravodog said:

I want it in my server  now please lol

Hahaha. You'll have to wait! We hope to have it ready soon.

1 hour ago, Tonblader said:

It sounds a very interesting map, although for the survival mode, it seems to me that the loot is very close.

What do you exactly mean?

49 minutes ago, CampersRUs said:

It looks and sounds great. This will give those of us that have been around a fresh perspective on the game overall.

However, are you going to fix the major problem of the magical levitating loot? I do have to admit though, the main items that are floating are the least important. By this I mean, weapons, food, drink, and ammo are close to the ground. Armor and helmets are the floaters.

I would also like to know if we are keeping the Colorado maps and if so, can you PLEASE!!! Get rid of all the extraneous piles of boulders that I have pointed out in multiple previous posts. Also remove the overgrowth in Cottonwood Outpost? I have been told by @Silenterror that these two main issues would have been fixed long ago.

Another thing that was promised was a much needed update to the crafting system in Survival. Still the same old items. (I would also like to add that, since you made it possible to craft items, why not make it possible to disassemble items we have in inventory?

Thanks for all your hard work. And, as always, Have a Nice Day!!! B| erckDab

Thanks for your amazing constructive feedback once again! For the "levitating loot" I would recommend the following: Have you ever turned item physics ON? This feature has been fixed in a very recent update and it basically adds physics to the loot making loot not fly anymore but fall on the ground realistically.

Colorado will stay in Open World it all depends on the player demand. Same kind of goes for Survival but we do try to aim for this new map only. Perhaps Colorado V2 will be available as a private server.. I mean, why not? :D

About the boulders in Colorado.. They are getting fixed. Keep reporting them! I asked silent about the overgrowth. Do you have any more information about that to make it more clear?

We plan on doing some improvements to the crafting system itself and we do plan on adding new items. The main priority would be to add this new map and add the resource collection system where players can use tools to collect wood and stone. 

Best Regards,

Sven

• Confused 2

35 minutes ago, Svena69 said:

I asked silent about the overgrowth. Do you have any more information about that to make it more clear?

This is what I posted back on Dec 21, 2017. I hope this is the information you are looking for...

Cottonwood Outpost: As you approach from the mountain, the right side of the encampment has a horrible overgrowth of trees and shrubs rendering that area useless due to the fact that the ambulance that is there is totally covered and not visible. Also the bottom of the stairs leading up to the tower there, is also overgrown and not visible. [Grid M:11]

The overgrowth is completely hiding the ambulance, and some other players GI access lockers. I would post a screenshot, unfortunately I still have a problem adding pictures to my posts.

I will try the fix you suggested. I haven't messed with the game settings in quite some time. Thank you for the information.

Have a Nice Day!!! B| erckDab

• Love 1

2 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

This is what I posted back on Dec 21, 2017. I hope this is the information you are looking for...

Cottonwood Outpost: As you approach from the mountain, the right side of the encampment has a horrible overgrowth of trees and shrubs rendering that area useless due to the fact that the ambulance that is there is totally covered and not visible. Also the bottom of the stairs leading up to the tower there, is also overgrown and not visible. [Grid M:11]

The overgrowth is completely hiding the ambulance, and some other players GI access lockers. I would post a screenshot, unfortunately I still have a problem adding pictures to my posts.

I will try the fix you suggested. I haven't messed with the game settings in quite some time. Thank you for the information.

I'll have silent take a look at it! Thanks for your time!

Best Regards,

Sven

3 hours ago, Svena69 said:

For the "levitating loot" I would recommend the following: Have you ever turned item physics ON? This feature has been fixed in a very recent update and it basically adds physics to the loot making loot not fly anymore but fall on the ground realistically.

Imagine my surprise when the items were actually ON THE GROUND!! I even witnessed a riot shield that was dropped from a zombie, start rolling down a hill!! xD xD xD Thanks very much for the information Sven. You and your entire team are awesome!!

Have a Fantastic Rest of your Day!!! B| erckDab

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Hello Svena.

First of all, congratz with your great job!!

Let me ask why Survival mode only will have 1 map while Open World have lots of maps, understand? I hate search videos in Youtube about gameplay, secret zones, alien zumbie and other things and see that we that play at Survival Mode are alone. everybody plays at Colorado V2 while we play a different map...

IMHO, why not reduce the number of servers , ending with the "limit ping servers" and creating 1-2 server per map. its terrible see empty servers, with so few players (at survival i see 2-4 players in US or SA servers). To example, South America have 6 servers, but i think that 2 servers do the work veeeeeeeeeeeeeery well!. in the best situation, 3 servers.

A thought occurred to me while I was playing earlier. If you do, indeed do away with the Colorado map for Open World, what is the plan for compensating us for all the GI access lockers we have scattered around the landscape? I know that, when you ban a player, or a player quits for whatever reason, their GI access lockers are removed from the map. Do you have a database of the locations and owners names?

you guys should add random outposts, roadblocks, abandoned camps, abandoned tents, hideouts to the new map. this would add the possibility to seek loot and fights outside the citys also.

I am quite sure if you would run heatmap for colorado there would be only 3-4 places where actual fights take place (campos, clearview, boulder, military). I play on highest pop server all the time ~80-90 players and cant find anyone in other citys..empty. Leaves out 80% of map.

For skyscrapers add MULTIPLE entrances not only 1. 

Not everyone would like to fight on campos roofs, boulder bridge, airport tower or clearview spawns.

and any possibility for radiation? there are gas masks but theres no use for it.

Edited by sgregor

10 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

Imagine my surprise when the items were actually ON THE GROUND!! I even witnessed a riot shield that was dropped from a zombie, start rolling down a hill!! xD xD xD Thanks very much for the information Sven. You and your entire team are awesome!!

Have a Fantastic Rest of your Day!!! B| erckDab

Hahah great to hear! I told you it's awesome!! :D I'm using it myself as well all the time, haha.

5 hours ago, Archmed said:

Hello Svena.

First of all, congratz with your great job!!

Let me ask why Survival mode only will have 1 map while Open World have lots of maps, understand? I hate search videos in Youtube about gameplay, secret zones, alien zumbie and other things and see that we that play at Survival Mode are alone. everybody plays at Colorado V2 while we play a different map...

IMHO, why not reduce the number of servers , ending with the "limit ping servers" and creating 1-2 server per map. its terrible see empty servers, with so few players (at survival i see 2-4 players in US or SA servers). To example, South America have 6 servers, but i think that 2 servers do the work veeeeeeeeeeeeeery well!. in the best situation, 3 servers.

A simple reason is because we just want to make the Survival game mode unique. It has been a plan from us all along since the start of Survival to have the game mode in a brand new environment for players to discover.

We are aware of the server amounts - didn't you point this out somewhere earlier as well? haha :) - We have plans to make the server list dynamic where we wouldn't require to restart everything anymore in order to change the server amounts. At this time I will not your suggestion and discuss this with the rest of the guys later. Thanks!

34 minutes ago, CampersRUs said:

A thought occurred to me while I was playing earlier. If you do, indeed do away with the Colorado map for Open World, what is the plan for compensating us for all the GI access lockers we have scattered around the landscape? I know that, when you ban a player, or a player quits for whatever reason, their GI access lockers are removed from the map. Do you have a database of the locations and owners names?

Like I mentioned earlier: In Open World this map will just be NEXT to the current map pools. It will all depend on player demand. IF we ever decide to remove Colorado or any other map we will make sure to announce it and to find a solution / compensation for everyone with lockers.

4 minutes ago, sgregor said:

you guys should add random outposts, roadblocks, abandoned camps, abandoned tents, hideouts to the new map. this would add the possibility to seek loot and fights outside the citys also.

I am quite sure if you would run heatmap for colorado there would be only 3-4 places where actual fights take place (campos, clearview, boulder, military). I play on highest pop server all the time ~80-90 players and cant find anyone in other citys..empty. Leaves out 80% of map.

For skyscrapers add MULTIPLE entrances not only 1. 

Not everyone would like to fight on campos roofs, boulder bridge, airport tower or clearview spawns.

and any possibility for radiation? there are gas masks but theres no use for it.

Keep up the great feedback! Thanks!

We are working on dynamic radiation zones with a special new zombie etc. Not sure when this will come but we have already started development on it.

Best Regards,

Sven

• Thanks 2

All the weapons that we have should have an Condition,  like u find a 100% weapon if u use it in pvp it can get worn like 100% - 1% same whit ingame Dollar for survival only and ofc new Zombies and new Guns

36 minutes ago, Keymbo said:

All the weapons that we have should have an Condition,  like u find a 100% weapon if u use it in pvp it can get worn like 100% - 1% same whit ingame Dollar for survival only and ofc new Zombies and new Guns

You mean: durability? Haha. We have removed that in New Z and it will probably never come back. Sorry.

Best Regards,

Sven

• Thanks 1

add something cool related to water/sea maybe, since you are developing an intresting idea would be a shipwreck, oil platform or military ship somewhere where you have to swim.  

2 hours ago, sgregor said:

add something cool related to water/sea maybe, since you are developing an intresting idea would be a shipwreck, oil platform or military ship somewhere where you have to swim.  

Good idea! We want to open a bigger river, add ships and ship yards etc! Nice feedback!

Sad to hear Survival isn't half as played as open world. I particularly can't stand the amount of loot you find in OW. Anyway..

We could really use some rework to zombie loot, at least in survival mode. It would seem to me that zombies only drop cloth and bandages, so I hardly even check their corpses for loot anymore.

On another point, when Tonblader said the loot was very close I believe he meant the areas with good loot are not spaced apart enough, so players can quickly loot the interesting areas without needing a vehicle. If that's the case, then I agree with Ton: I like the size of the current Colorado map, and I think it will take away a bit of the challenge (and fun) of finding great loot if every interest point is too close from everything else.

Anyway, great to see we're getting a new map, though I wish we could keep both maps for survival mode, at least while players adapt to the new map.

1 hour ago, AssassinT90 said:

Sad to hear Survival isn't half as played as open world. I particularly can't stand the amount of loot you find in OW. Anyway..

We could really use some rework to zombie loot, at least in survival mode. It would seem to me that zombies only drop cloth and bandages, so I hardly even check their corpses for loot anymore.

On another point, when Tonblader said the loot was very close I believe he meant the areas with good loot are not spaced apart enough, so players can quickly loot the interesting areas without needing a vehicle. If that's the case, then I agree with Ton: I like the size of the current Colorado map, and I think it will take away a bit of the challenge (and fun) of finding great loot if every interest point is too close from everything else.

Anyway, great to see we're getting a new map, though I wish we could keep both maps for survival mode, at least while players adapt to the new map.

Hey!

Sorry for asking this but can you post any exact loot feedback in reply to this forum thread: http://forums.fredaikis.com/index.php?/topic/3761-survival-loot-feedback/

That would help out a lot! Anyways, thanks for your feedback!

Best Regards,

Sven

Fredaikis AB headquarters! Please keep in mind this is a concept and "global layout". This means its FAR from how it's going to be in the end product.0jqRi38.jpg

qngiqX2.jpg

• Love 1