Sign in to follow this  
kazmightONFIRE

Desert Island - Fixes

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys.

Here's what I've done today in order to improve the map:

- Added many spawns so there is more variety and less spawn camp.

- Reworked the area next to the restaurant and the police station. I added new buildings and reworked the terrain there (there is almost no hills now). I also reworked the spawns there.

- Reworked the road between the two towns. This place was way too open and there is now more cover (cars and different objects). There is also less hills and more spawns.

- Basically I smoothed all the hills on the map to make it less "campy". There was too many of them! 

- Fixed this glitch where players could go out of the map.

- Fixed some flying boxes and misplaced objects.

Updated**

- Reworked the lightning and removed the fog.

- Reworked the terrain

- Closed many "camping-rooms" inside different buildings like: Firestation, Clinic, Post Office and Camper house.

- Added new buildings, props and areas to make the map less empty. 

- Added some props inside Restaurant, Church and Markets to have a bit more cover. 

I was thinking on adding spawns inside the towns, is it a bad idea? I need your opinion on that idea but also all the fixes I did and the fixes that I should also focus on the map. That would be much appreciated! :)<3 

Every argued suggestion are welcome! 

Cheers,

• Love 3

So you really want to let this map in until you fix it?

That's something like ohhh you can get Items for free let's fix this next Patch ---> exactly the same when you fixed the FPS issue 2 months later.........

If something is bugged / something is abusable like this: Laying down with OTS, VSS in the Rocky or at the edge of the Map where you can go inside a tree and just chill there until you see an enemy and then spray him down GG makes sense!

• Sad 1

It is fun when you get to one specific point with a 10 man crew and hold it down,  but beyond that the map is horrific.   Just sniping spawn points.  

Just an idea,  have you contemplated the use of sniper limits? or remove snipers and make them pick ups on the map rather.  This game is just pure concentrated aids now with snipers.  First off the market for snipers is a joke,  it should be expensive but some time last year the market was artificially crashed to promote this mindless camping quickscoping shitshow and its because everything else is so weak nobody wants them anymore.

It is a nice map but a little abused right now.

16 minutes ago, 2pink1stink said:

maybe making snipers unable to fie untill u are fully looking down the scope might help

Oh trust me,  been doing that suggestion for a year now,  quick scope is really just abuse,  it is abuse of a 3rd person crosshair allowing a person to pre aim.  If it was forced to scope to aim it will result in lots of tears.

On 10/02/2018 at 2:36 PM, Skillerfreak said:

So you really want to let this map in until you fix it?

That's something like ohhh you can get Items for free let's fix this next Patch ---> exactly the same when you fixed the FPS issue 2 months later.........

If something is bugged / something is abusable like this: Laying down with OTS, VSS in the Rocky or at the edge of the Map where you can go inside a tree and just chill there until you see an enemy and then spray him down GG makes sense!

We will not run a hotfix in a middle of a week-end when the player base is at his maximum. The Hotfix will come up today or tomorrow worst case. 

Ok guys, I have heard your complains about the new PVP map. I have been working today on the map in order to make it way more funny to play. This is going to come up for the next patch of course.

Here's what I've done:

- Reworked the area next to the restaurant and the police station. I added new buildings and reworked the terrain there (there is almost no hills anymore). I also reworked the spawns there.

- Reworked the road between the two towns. This place was way too open and there is now more cover (cars and different objects). There is also less hills and more spawns.

- Basically I smoothed all the hills on the map to make it less "campy". There was too many of them! 

- Fixed some flying boxes and misplaces objects.

I was thinking on adding spawns inside the towns, is it a bad idea? I need your opinion on that idea but also all the fixes I did and the fixes that I should also focus on the map. That would be much appreciated! :)<3 

Cheers,

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, kazmightONFIRE said:

Ok guys, I have heard your complains about the new PVP map. I have been working today on the map in order to make it way more funny to play. This is going to come up for the next patch of course.

Here's what I've done:

- Reworked the area next to the restaurant and the police station. I added new buildings and reworked the terrain there (there is almost no hills anymore). I also reworked the spawns there.

- Fixed some flying boxes and misplaces objects.

I was thinking on adding spawns inside the towns, is it a bad idea? I need your opinion on that idea but also all the fixes I did and the fixes that I should also focus on the map. That would be much appreciated! :)<3 

Cheers,

- Added many spawns so there is more variety and less spawn camp. +1337 <3

Edited by HEARTBREAKER

Update:

- Reworked the lightning and removed the fog.

- Reworked the terrain

- Closed many "camping-rooms" inside different buildings like: Firestation, Clinic, Post Office and Camper house.

- Added new buildings, props and areas to make the map less empty. 

- Added some props inside Restaurant, Church and Markets to have a bit more cover.