Sven

Patch 2.14

82 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, CampersRUs said:

This comment is just my opinion and has no reflection on how good or bad a player is. I know that there will be a flood of negative comments about what I have to say, but, that is your right. As it is my right to voice these opinions. With that said...

I want to address all the whiners and complainers about private Survival servers. Why is it that you feel that your opinion is the only one that matters? I refer to all the negative comments about adding private servers to Survival. If you are so worried about this hard working staff making a little money to cover the expense of keeping this game alive then maybe you should explore other gaming options. I do, and will continue to support them when I can as they deserve this and so much more. In other words (for those whiners and complainers) PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS! Also, you do not realize the time, effort and expense of keeping the multitude of servers up and running. (They could very easily reduce this game to something that is only local to where they are located)

It's a simple issue and does not need all the negativity that is posted here. If you don't want to rent a server, the solution is simple. DON'T RENT ONE! Leave those of us that wanted private servers added to Survival alone. It's not a game killer, as some of you have said. It's more of a game enhancement. Why didn't you all complain when private servers were added to Open World? It's the same issue. There are those of us out there that got tired of being killed as soon as we stepped out of the safe zone just so you could collect our meager supplies we had in our backpack. My opinion is, this is weak and cowardly gameplay. And I'm being nice about that. You have the idea that, just because you do things like that, that you are 'The Greatest Player' in the game (please excuse me so I can stop laughing at you). The only thing that allowing private servers is going to kill is your ability to decimate players that are either new, or are just trying to explore and gather a few supplies so they can explore further.

Reality check. You do not control what happens with this game. The entire community does and will continue to be that way.

To all the moderators, developers, artists, programmers, map designers and all others involved in the creation and maintenance of this game. THANK YOU. This update has been a long time coming and is welcomed by this gamer. That means ALL ASPECTS of the update. Thank you all for your extremely hard work.

Thank you for your time and for listening to my rant.

Have a Happy Valentine's Day!!! B| erckDab

The difference here is Survival is supposed to be difficult, hence the name survival.

This game mode was touted as being hardcore with no cash shop, global gi, etc.  

The majority of survival players did not ask for private servers.  It's not about whining or complaining, it's what the majority of people who play this mode want.

People have invested a lot of time leveling up their character skills and gathering loot in a hostile game environment.

Adding private servers just demeaned and lessened the value of loot and skills that were obtained here with a pay to win feature allowing anyone to pay some money and "survive in peace".

Lets face it, zombies are not a threat, you can jump on most any object and avoid them while killing them.  The threat comes from pvp, and private servers just removed that threat.

If you need more revenue, maybe make some cool, survival specific skins, but don't go against the wishes of the survivial community and implement something most people do not want which goes against the spirit of survival.   You could also reduce the number of survival servers to cut cost and keep a healthy population of players on each.  I enjoy pvp and its hard to find in Survival unless you head to clearview or campos.  Now with private servers the populations on normal will decrease.

The reality is the the outspoken voices here are part of the community, which does, in fact, help control what's in the game.  For the most part the devs have listened to the community and implemented changes and fixes - kudos to their efforts in keeping this game alive in the ashes of War Z with all they have done.. 

There are just some areas where the obvious reason for a change was to simply obtain revenue at the expense of the majority player base accepting the changes, such as adding Private Servers to survival.  

Edited by drekati

49 minutes ago, MaverickBR said:

Arizona V.20 is very bad please return the V1.0

Why?

12 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

This comment is just my opinion and has no reflection on how good or bad a player is. I know that there will be a flood of negative comments about what I have to say, but, that is your right. As it is my right to voice these opinions. With that said...

I refer to all the negative comments about adding private servers to Survival. If you are so worried about this hard working staff making a little money to cover the expense of keeping this game alive then maybe you should explore other gaming options. I do, and will continue to support them when I can as they deserve this and so much more. In other words (for those whiners and complainers) PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS! Also, you do not realize the time, effort and expense of keeping the multitude of servers up and running. (They could very easily reduce this game to something that is only local to where they are located)

It's a simple issue and does not need all the negativity that is posted here. If you don't want to rent a server, the solution is simple. DON'T RENT ONE! Leave those of us that wanted private servers added to Survival alone. It's not a game killer, as some of you have said. It's more of a game enhancement. Why didn't you all complain when private servers were added to Open World? It's the same issue. There are those of us out there that got tired of being killed as soon as we stepped out of the safe zone just so you could collect our meager supplies we had in our backpack. My opinion is, this is weak and cowardly gameplay. And I'm being nice about that. You have the idea that, just because you do things like that, that you are 'The Greatest Player' in the game (please excuse me so I can stop laughing at you). The only thing that allowing private servers is going to kill is your ability to decimate players that are either new, or are just trying to explore and gather a few supplies so they can explore further.

Reality check. You do not control what happens with this game. The entire community does and will continue to be that way.

To all the moderators, developers, artists, programmers, map designers and all others involved in the creation and maintenance of this game. THANK YOU. This update has been a long time coming and is welcomed by this gamer. That means ALL ASPECTS of the update. Thank you all for your extremely hard work.

Thank you for your time and for listening to my rant.

Have a Happy Valentine's Day!!! B| erckDab

@CampersRUs

I know I will brake my promise regarding my previous post being the last, but it seems you need some issues cleared out, and badly at that.

Your post might actually derail this patch thread, not sure why you did not make another thread about it, oh well. Perhaps our posts could me moved into another thread not to derail the thread regarding patch changes; the patch changes are not only about survival; this is.

I want to address all the whiners and complainers about private Survival servers. Why is it that you feel that your opinion is the only one that matters?

If the so called "whiners and complainers about private Survival servers" are in the majority, then their opinion matters for sure, as strenght comes in numbers; numbers can change certain things, not only in a gaming community, and not only in terms of game changes. 
Everyone feels their opinion matters, why do you feel your opinion matters? If you didnt you would not post your last post now would you?
If you can call me a whiner, I can call you a conformist and a fan boy surely. I would suggest sticking to arguments and not labeling people and trying to make their opinions less valuable.
Every player is a potential customer, also the players that play for free. 

(for those whiners and complainers) PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!

Not sure what this is about? I voiced my opinion, stopped playing the game, not sure what this has got to do with money? I think this is actually directed to people that support the new game patch, to put their money where their mouth is and buy premium account, not to the ones that are opposed it. So I suggest you keep putting money where your mouth is, since you like what you see in the new patch.

Also, you do not realize the time, effort and expense of keeping the multitude of servers up and running. (They could very easily reduce this game to something that is only local to where they are located)

Of course people realise the expenses of keeping servers up; it is not the people that made this game F2P now is it, the decision has been made by the devs. As for server reduction, it would be a good idea, because there would be more people on each servers, and the game experience would be richer. Having say 3 servers pers continent would be awesome.
Similiarily they could easily close the game down, but it would not makes sense since they had been working on it for so long and game has potential. Of course the devs can do what they want.

There are other ways to make money, perhaps not make this game F2P? Have a one time fee if you want to play longer than a week? Introduce FPP servers only for a one time donation/fee? Additional skins as someone suggested before alteady for additinonal money.

It's a simple issue and does not need all the negativity that is posted here.

For you, people that have different opinions, which do not match your opinion is "negativity"? Different opinions NEED to be heard. You saying that other opinions are negative to me is negativity in terms of freedom of sharing ones opinion. Please, we infact do not need negativity in terms of blocking people sharing their opinions.

If you don't want to rent a server, the solution is simple. DON'T RENT ONE! Leave those of us that wanted private servers added to Survival alone. It's not a game killer, as some of you have said. It's more of a game enhancement.

Other people renting private servers will have impact on survival mode - that is the bottom line. It is no longer survival when it becomes P2W. You do not understand the implications of people getting massive loot for rent money without fear of getting dropped by other players. It might be a game killer in the long run, but it is surely a game changer.
It no longer is survival in the sense of surviving looting and bringing to back to base. What about all the free crate drops the players get on rented servers? All the metal gears they will get from drops and farming? Weapons?

Why didn't you all complain when private servers were added to Open World? It's the same issue. There are those of us out there that got tired of being killed as soon as we stepped out of the safe zone just so you could collect our meager supplies we had in our backpack. My opinion is, this is weak and cowardly gameplay.

I do not play Open World for that very reason; Open World has nothing to do with Survival mode. You can rent private servers in Open Mode, and farm there; that should be enough - it first the game mode.
Also, do you think any complaing about Open World would have changed anything? Since it is you asking why do we think our opinion matters? And would you not write about all the negativity there as well with people voicing their opinions?

Two issues that stopped me from playing Open World: Snipers on every corner, spawn points, bus stops, cities; AND PVE servers, where one can farm weapons without thread; ridiculously easy.
And this is where Survival is heading with private servers.

You have the idea that, just because you do things like that, that you are 'The Greatest Player' in the game (please excuse me so I can stop laughing at you)

Who are you even talking about here? I did not see one person that implied they are the greatest player in the game, when talking about the new patch changes - and I have read most if not all posts where people are vocal about their opinions regarding survival private servers. You could not be further off point. 
Thinking that your opinion matters - that is a different story, because yes everyones opinion matters, it just comes down to numbers in the end. Even a newbie can say sometine very important.

The only thing that allowing private servers is going to kill is your ability to decimate players that are either new, or are just trying to explore and gather a few supplies so they can explore further.

Private servers will kill survival mode as is; game mode will become more P2W with abundance of loot on rented servers both in crates and zombie spawns, and weapon spawn location (bases etc.). Easier to get materials for lockers.
People that will fight over loot and lose loot on normal servers are at a HUGE disadvantage. 
Did you even think about EXP farming? You did not, did you now? How big of an advantage will people have with EXP farming on a server where there is no threat from other players 24/7?
Since getting the skill "Hardened" - makes one die not after 4 headshots, but after 5 headshots (from what I have been told)? Do you think this is not a game changer?

Gather some supplies to explore further? Explore further what? Explore the map? To explore the map one can go on a server with low population, and explore it there.
I could not care less for killing new players, it is the Vets that I would be interested in killing, and players on my skill level; and Vets are potential customers IMO, more than new players. If new players do not know how to PvP what good will Private servers be to them? They will loose loot instantly.

So you are speaking for yourself, perhaps it is what you do on survival servers, hard to tell.

Also, for new players - that is called learning the hard way, and it works. I have been there, done that and learned how to cope, had been killed a lot of times. Took me perhaps a week to get to know how to play, but was worth it.

Reality check: The entire community consists of me, you and every single, even the weakest players at the bottom of the PvP hierarchy. So yes, we all control what happens in the game. It just goes down to numbers like I have previously stated. 
Having an outlook; ah I cant do anything I am so small and alone - will only lead to people conforming. This applies everywhere, not only in the gaming community.

And dont forget to have a great day! :) 

Edited by rugged bro
  • Love 1

Hotfix rolling out somewhere tomorrow with some fixes / additions and some Valentine stuff! :D

Best Regards,

Sven