Sven

DevBlog - Optimizing Models & LOD's

47 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, jewdiciousorange said:

Streaming  is  obviously going to  tax your CPU,  so you  will still  get  dropped  frames.   I think you had  a 7700K which is a  threaded  quad  core,   it  will  drop frames  as  rendering is highly parallel.   If  you had a  Ryzen 5 or 7,  Threadripper or Intel 8700K,  7820X  and up you  will  not have  that  much issue  with  dropped  frames  and  losses.

Never had problems streaming this game before  it came couple of patches ago when people started complaining about fps drops

And i dont even had problems streaming PUBG with 3 Monitors
no lag at all but yeah its my PC i guess Kappa

Edited by PAAAUUULLOOOH

Awesome job on the game and in the Devblogs.
I really appreciate the quality and effort you put in those Devblogs Svena.
Thanks and Keep up the good work.

5 hours ago, Prodeuca said:

gj m8, and thanks for explanation ;) 

No worries man! Thanks for the comment! <3

3 hours ago, EricR said:

Awesome job on the game and in the Devblogs.
I really appreciate the quality and effort you put in those Devblogs Svena.
Thanks and Keep up the good work.

Thanks bro! This means a lot!

3 hours ago, Glad said:

Ty sergey for the 10/10 optimized models 4Head

@Svena69 are u also gonna rework invisible walls ?

In what sense? You mean because players are able to glitch through them?

5 hours ago, PAAAUUULLOOOH said:

Never had problems streaming this game before  it came couple of patches ago when people started complaining about fps drops

And i dont even had problems streaming PUBG with 3 Monitors
no lag at all but yeah its my PC i guess Kappa

No, but since New Z is a CPU intensive game certain tasks by the game could take even more CPU when OBS is running and streaming, so in that sense it is correct. In the end no matter what everyone should be able to play the game without any problems.

Small announcement: I'm going to do a live-stream tomorrow and might work on some LOD's there!

Best Regards,

Sven

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Svena69 said:

Yep. Every day when I'm working with this and I open a model, I get reminded of that. Makes me wonder what they were "actually working on"..

Best Regards,

Sven

They clearly rushed it because they wanted to race and win against dayz. Also it was rumored that their art team was also the coders, which i don't know if it's a bad thing, but i can imagine u want different people on different things when u make a game.

Not bashing the game, i still enjoyed it more than dayz, but they should not have rushed it.

9 hours ago, Mexican Butcher said:

They clearly rushed it because they wanted to race and win against dayz. Also it was rumored that their art team was also the coders, which i don't know if it's a bad thing, but i can imagine u want different people on different things when u make a game.

Not bashing the game, i still enjoyed it more than dayz, but they should not have rushed it.

I guess we will never know. It's the past anyways, right now we can only look at the future.

3 hours ago, Bravodog said:

Wish I could afford a thread ripper lol

I actually just finished setting up my streaming PC. Planning on doing more streams again where I work a bit on the game and talk to the community like the old days.

I would say even though my streaming PC is my old pc, it's the best investment I've ever made! It's so worth it.

1 hour ago, jewdiciousorange said:

Next mod,  Donald trump, justin bieber, kim kardashian and Kanye west zombie models.

LOL Kappa

Best Regards,

Sven

Hi Svena69 I have problems. when loading screen in the game are 100%. Hi says Nvidia inacitive  game dont send... i try restart pc and try this a lot off times. what can i do?

On 30/01/2018 at 10:38 PM, Svena69 said:

In what sense? You mean because players are able to glitch through them?

Not really what i meant, original iss inv walls have tons of faces and verts too, for example the cylinder one. And from what i understand its consuming fps. Since there is 10k invisible walls on the colo/cali they might ruining fps's.

17 minutes ago, Glad said:

Not really what i meant, original iss inv walls have tons of faces and verts too, for example the cylinder one. And from what i understand its consuming fps. Since there is 10k invisible walls on the colo/cali they might ruining fps's.

Oh yeah, true actually! Ill add it to my todo list. Sorry!

6 minutes ago, FlowZ said:

Just put 5verts and face for everything and its just gonna look like minecraft pvp Kappa 

LOL Kappa

Best Regards,

Sven

• Thanks 1

Sweet! I am glad you guys are working on this it's too bad they didn't do this and back when it was War Z so you guys can be working on other things. But they didn't so you guys are taking care of it which is really cool. This was one very important part of the game that had to be fixed. 

It will for sure take some time only other thing I would say is hire me to help you out. I will work on this 5 days a week for free just so it gets done. Let some of the community help you guys out haha. I am sure others would do the same. 

On 2/2/2018 at 3:46 AM, Joker Am I said:

Sweet! I am glad you guys are working on this it's too bad they didn't do this and back when it was War Z so you guys can be working on other things. But they didn't so you guys are taking care of it which is really cool. This was one very important part of the game that had to be fixed. 

It will for sure take some time only other thing I would say is hire me to help you out. I will work on this 5 days a week for free just so it gets done. Let some of the community help you guys out haha. I am sure others would do the same. 

I am very happy that I was able to explain you guys what's being worked on, from my side at least. At the same time I am very happy the community took this very positive!

On 2/2/2018 at 1:44 PM, Churpzz said:

Oooooo Looks fancy <3 

Thanks bro!

Best Regards & have a nice sunday,

Sven

UPDATE:

Did some work today on the most unoptimized building in the game. First of all I have optimized the original model (had 60.000 faces) and now has 45.000 faces. Also added LODs AND for the third LOD version, which is the one furthers away before the model unloads I have tried something new. You can see in the picture LOD 2 has 15.000 faces and LOD 3 500. Basically crazy optimizations. Applying this process to everything in the game, in the correct way, will literally give players crazy more FPS and faster loading times....

bN9R8QE.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

The new pvp buliding aka 5 Story just in better :D

30 minutes ago, Sven said:

UPDATE:

Did some work today on the most unoptimized building in the game. First of all I have optimized the original model (had 60.000 faces) and now has 45.000 faces. Also added LODs AND for the third LOD version, which is the one furthers away before the model unloads I have tried something new. You can see in the picture LOD 2 has 15.000 faces and LOD 3 500. Basically crazy optimizations. Applying this process to everything in the game, in the correct way, will literally give players crazy more FPS and faster loading times....

bN9R8QE.jpg

Stay tuned for more!