Sven

DevBlog - Optimizing Models & LOD's

39 minutes ago, Skillerfreak said:

Thats some awesome and hard work keep it up !!! 

Thanks!!

38 minutes ago, QUELLA said:

Hi We want a clan war, but we don't have a server. Can you give us a server? we are gg hk server

Event servers might be available for renting after the upcoming patch.. Stay tuned!

2 minutes ago, HEARTBREAKER said:

amazing hard fck work!! keep it up!

Thanks bro!

Best Regards,

Sven

Good work,But how will this affect the game graphics wise,because ive noticed some things within boulder city lately for example the pipe jump up doesn't render until your quite close to it,yes i understand why your doing this so people with potato pcs can play but at the same time not been able to see these things with potential players on them at 50 feet isn't great,like i was playing with a friend the other day and he could see a guy,i was about 10 feet behind my friend and he wasn't even rendering on my screen until i got closer..this isnt good imo.

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Good work,But how will this affect the game graphics wise,because ive noticed some things within boulder city lately for example the pipe jump up doesn't render until your quite close to it,yes i understand why your doing this so people with potato pcs can play but at the same time not been able to see these things with potential players on them at 50 feet isn't great,like i was playing with a friend the other day and he could see a guy,i was about 10 feet behind my friend and he wasn't even rendering on my screen until i got closer..this isnt good imo.

When it comes to the models: They should only look "a little bit more shitty when they're really far away". If they don't and they look shit even when you're close to them, than you'll have to let us know!

About the render distances: this is something that takes a lot of patches and feedback to become perfect. I have already received a lot of feedback which helped me make the render distances even better for the next patch. No matter what: render distances shouldn't affect game-play. If it does, or if something doesn't look correct let us know!

Oh btw, it's not just for "people with potato PC's". I have probably one of the most high-end pc's out there and (i9) and even I have problems sometimes (ultra of course). This shouldn't be the case. Yes, the game will get better for people with lower end pc's but just as much for people with high-end pc's.

37 minutes ago, Mexican Butcher said:

yeah that explains alot why the old warz was so damn un-optimized.

Yep. Every day when I'm working with this and I open a model, I get reminded of that. Makes me wonder what they were "actually working on"..

Best Regards,

Sven

51 minutes ago, Bravodog said:

Yes excellent Job :) I am currently testing it with both the Streamlabs OBS and OBS studio to see if there can be a better difference for the streamer partners ;)

tested everything allready no big difference
some ppl told me you get better FPS and less lag when using XSplit

43 minutes ago, PAAAUUULLOOOH said:

Or just use a stream PC Kappa

1 hour ago, PAAAUUULLOOOH said:

Streaming  is  obviously going to  tax your CPU,  so you  will still  get  dropped  frames.   I think you had  a 7700K which is a  threaded  quad  core,   it  will  drop frames  as  rendering is highly parallel.   If  you had a  Ryzen 5 or 7,  Threadripper or Intel 8700K,  7820X  and up you  will  not have  that  much issue  with  dropped  frames  and  losses.

• Thanks 1