Sign in to follow this  
Sek0

Empty Server

19 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Sorry but is the game going to be dead? i mean after the steam release you saw so many new people on the server, now?Only same people or empty servers on PVP maps or just 15 people on PVP and 5 man clan all over 500k rep? i mean 1on1 could be playable but its like not funny anymore...( PVP server 5 people party highranks push you...) We need more players! Which advertising we doing for this game? Any new players playing this game or we lose just more and more players? The thing is, there are no beginners servers anymore, people (civilian) starting this game, going on the server and get rekt easily 100 times, because they cant play this game after 1 hours, you know what i mean? After this they quit this game because they think shit game, all cheater or pro gamer we dont have chance and and and... I think you guys have to do something, the community is to small... but of corse its your choise, i dont want to attack you guys. Its just an suggestion.

for example:

- Advertising

- beginner server back

I dont know what more, but we be great if you do something.. i like this game but if everyday its bthe same, its going to be boring, reply please and thank you for listening/reading...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sek0 said:

Hey guys,

Sorry but is the game going to be dead? i mean after the steam release you saw so many new people on the server, now?Only same people or empty servers on PVP maps or just 15 people on PVP and 5 man clan all over 500k rep? i mean 1on1 could be playable but its like not funny anymore...( PVP server 5 people party highranks push you...) We need more players! Which advertising we doing for this game? Any new players playing this game or we lose just more and more players? The thing is, there are no beginners servers anymore, people (civilian) starting this game, going on the server and get rekt easily 100 times, because they cant play this game after 1 hours, you know what i mean? After this they quit this game because they think shit game, all cheater or pro gamer we dont have chance and and and... I think you guys have to do something, the community is to small... but of corse its your choise, i dont want to attack you guys. Its just an suggestion.

for example:

- Advertising

- beginner server back

I dont know what more, but we be great if you do something.. i like this game but if everyday its bthe same, its going to be boring, reply please and thank you for listening/reading...

"advertising" is kind of a general word. From an improvement point-of-view, what exactly would you suggest? What exactly we've been doing wrong in your opinion? What exactly do you think we could start doing more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for reply,

Wrong is nothing, you guys do updates and everything to make it better, thats very nice. just i would like to see more other people, not always the same, and i dont know how to do it, i never owned a game ^^...

Just the thing is, if people start this game they have no chance to win/kill people and say wow nice game, i think they go on servers getting killed many times after spawn protection is done and they die. After this they quit, i mean i would do it, if i didnt know this game and knew how to play it. beginner servers was great, the problem on beginner servers are, if u put them back, the normal server would be little more empty, because some people would play there (new accounts and and and). adversiting: mhm what about getting very good streamers like summit or dakotaz back, i mean people watch a stream see how the game is and try it out, so we would get more players in this game. but i dont know how to get the streamers back to this game :D other advertising i dont tbh ^^

like i said, its just an suggestion, would be great, if the community is bigger.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Svena69 said:

"advertising" is kind of a general word. From an improvement point-of-view, what exactly would you suggest? What exactly we've been doing wrong in your opinion? What exactly do you think we could start doing more?

I love the game and would also like more "new" players in the game, getting friends playing the game won't be enough... and Svena you asked what you guys have been doing wrong, no idea I would love to know what you guys are doing to get more players online since the steam release. I don't mean this offensively but just as a question, maybe you can shed some light on the advertising/getting more players into the game? Would be nice to know more :) And good job on fixing the bugs in the latest patch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Sek0 said:

Thank you for reply,

Wrong is nothing, you guys do updates and everything to make it better, thats very nice. just i would like to see more other people, not always the same, and i dont know how to do it, i never owned a game ^^...

Just the thing is, if people start this game they have no chance to win/kill people and say wow nice game, i think they go on servers getting killed many times after spawn protection is done and they die. After this they quit, i mean i would do it, if i didnt know this game and knew how to play it. beginner servers was great, the problem on beginner servers are, if u put them back, the normal server would be little more empty, because some people would play there (new accounts and and and). adversiting: mhm what about getting very good streamers like summit or dakotaz back, i mean people watch a stream see how the game is and try it out, so we would get more players in this game. but i dont know how to get the streamers back to this game :D other advertising i dont tbh ^^

like i said, its just an suggestion, would be great, if the community is bigger.. 

Agree. Of course, we want to get a big community, preferably as big as possible! Just like any other game, we have peaks and downs and obviously, when we released on Steam we had a huge peak. Right now we are focussing a lot on improving the performance of the game and fixing as many crashes and problems as possible.

When it comes to the suggestion you did about adding beginner servers I personally do not agree. The reason we removed beginner servers was because they weren't really used by beginners anymore + they were so populated that it split the player base. Players would literally create new accounts just to play there, destroying the whole purpose of beginner servers. Beginner servers won't come back for a while. If we get a bigger player base, I am personally willing to consider adding them back but for now, it won't really make that much of a difference.

The problem you're pointing out about players spawning in and immediately die is a known problem. In the end, there isn't really that much we can do about it. One thing we did quite recently was funnel players more in the survival game mode. I'm not sure if you're aware of this game mode but it's basically a copy of the game but then with rare loot. New global inventories, new characters, everything separated. This is also the reason why you see the survival game mode button all the way on the left now. This funneling has been going pretty well. We think it's easier for players to start off in the survival game mode, as loot is rare and they won't really get instantly killed after spawning in by a million snipers.

In the end, it all comes down to have a good game, the community will grow naturally. We could pay money to get a huge streamer to play the game but what's the point if he doesn't even like the game anyways. We aim to improve the game, while at the same time still do a lot of advertising of course but most things are about just finishing everything. There's so much left to be done and we think once that's made it's way streamers and players will come.

7 minutes ago, krys101 said:

I love the game and would also like more "new" players in the game, getting friends playing the game won't be enough... and Svena you asked what you guys have been doing wrong, no idea I would love to know what you guys are doing to get more players online since the steam release. I don't mean this offensively but just as a question, maybe you can shed some light on the advertising/getting more players into the game? Would be nice to know more :) And good job on fixing the bugs in the latest patch!

Don't worry I know you guys don't mean this offensively in any way! I am replying to these kinds of questions and threats with a smile on my face because it's nice to see our community growing on the forums especially.

Please read as well what I answered to Sek0.

 

Best Regards,

 

Sven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Svena69 said:

Agree. Of course, we want to get a big community, preferably as big as possible! Just like any other game, we have peaks and downs and obviously, when we released on Steam we had a huge peak. Right now we are focussing a lot on improving the performance of the game and fixing as many crashes and problems as possible.

When it comes to the suggestion you did about adding beginner servers I personally do not agree. The reason we removed beginner servers was because they weren't really used by beginners anymore + they were so populated that it split the player base. Players would literally create new accounts just to play there, destroying the whole purpose of beginner servers. Beginner servers won't come back for a while. If we get a bigger player base, I am personally willing to consider adding them back but for now, it won't really make that much of a difference.

The problem you're pointing out about players spawning in and immediately die is a known problem. In the end, there isn't really that much we can do about it. One thing we did quite recently was funnel players more in the survival game mode. I'm not sure if you're aware of this game mode but it's basically a copy of the game but then with rare loot. New global inventories, new characters, everything separated. This is also the reason why you see the survival game mode button all the way on the left now. This funneling has been going pretty well. We think it's easier for players to start off in the survival game mode, as loot is rare and they won't really get instantly killed after spawning in by a million snipers.

In the end, it all comes down to have a good game, the community will grow naturally. We could pay money to get a huge streamer to play the game but what's the point if he doesn't even like the game anyways. We aim to improve the game, while at the same time still do a lot of advertising of course but most things are about just finishing everything. There's so much left to be done and we think once that's made it's way streamers and players will come.

Don't worry I know you guys don't mean this offensively in any way! I am replying to these kinds of questions and threats with a smile on my face because it's nice to see our community growing on the forums especially.

Please read as well what I answered to Sek0.

 

Best Regards,

 

Sven

Alright thank you for your answer :) you right with the things but you know what i mean. i was just aiming to get more people, but i think you guys try already the best :) 

 

see ya :)

Edited by Sek0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some of the problem is the difficulty for the newbies to get a hang of this game. I PVP around certain areas and I see poor bambis all the time just running around trying to loot and they get OTS'ed from some guy in a tree. 

I feel bad for them xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-01-15 at 11:01 PM, Svena69 said:

"advertising" is kind of a general word. From an improvement point-of-view, what exactly would you suggest? What exactly we've been doing wrong in your opinion? What exactly do you think we could start doing more?

I think your guys should start paying some really big twitch streamers and youtubers to stream and make videos of this game. That Will reach People outside of this commity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2018 at 4:24 AM, Nozze said:

I think your guys should start paying some really big twitch streamers and youtubers to stream and make videos of this game. That Will reach People outside of this commity.

It does sound like an idea.. but some streamers would want to be compensated too much.  I’m wondering if it’s possible for a steam re-release of the game.. of course once things are more optimized and things from the dev’s point of view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

facebook giveaway , Q&A stream and twitter patch notes is too little I think. 

Also the game represents itself as a survival game where only the fittest will survive - once a player logs in it understands theres very little to do with survival. Game is heavily focused on PvP.

some suggestions to go over:

-add auction house, it would solve shitloads of problems with trading and would add 100-150 extra players who sit in lounge server to normal servers.

-loot does not own any value in any game modes (maybe in BR) because theres just too much of everything

-survival has GI this makes the mod a copy of open world mod but theres no shields and fewer snipers - GI must go

-survival crafting should be reworked, anything besides locker is useless

-no missions (daily rewarding once completed) what could potentially get players to login everyday

-in-game events (because no1 gives a fuck about community events anyway) such as airdrop should have better reward.

-There should be more in-game events (appearing helicopter crash site, plane crash, chemical truck crash) random ideas.

-Every new player joining the game should be put to complete 5-10 missions before he can join the main servers, missions would educate and teach basics of the game 

-add ability to take water from lakes, make fire from logs, and catch fish and cook it on fire from lakes to survival mod (so the real experience chasers would be intrested)

Edited by sgregor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, KmartNinjaa said:

It does sound like an idea.. but some streamers would want to be compensated too much.  I’m wondering if it’s possible for a steam re-release of the game.. of course once things are more optimized and things from the dev’s point of view.

Sounds like a good idea ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2018 at 8:01 PM, MrSloth said:

I think some of the problem is the difficulty for the newbies to get a hang of this game. I PVP around certain areas and I see poor bambis all the time just running around trying to loot and they get OTS'ed from some guy in a tree. 

I feel bad for them xD 

Yup,  now imagine if you adopt a DayZ/Miscreated style element to the game,  make snipers and ammo (including full) mags rare,  extremely rare,  that would level the playing field.  I have seen some "High rep" guys who are completely clueless with assault rifles.  The cancer that is killing this game is outdated failing mechanics and of course that every tom dick and harry that ends up with money can buy snipers and normally start off hunting bambi civilians.   I tried with a few clan mates to find civilians and protect them,  it worked a while,  one Warmonger tried hard and lost 8 OTS in the process.

Nothing like open world rage when an AR only user rapes a sniper and they call you a noob.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some of the people here stop playing on my country because the ping is unstable.... and i always notice why they are leaving just because we got a page on facebook where we filipinos talk and post about new z.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2018 at 2:17 AM, jewdiciousorange said:

Yup,  now imagine if you adopt a DayZ/Miscreated style element to the game,  make snipers and ammo (including full) mags rare,  extremely rare,  that would level the playing field.  I have seen some "High rep" guys who are completely clueless with assault rifles.  The cancer that is killing this game is outdated failing mechanics and of course that every tom dick and harry that ends up with money can buy snipers and normally start off hunting bambi civilians.   I tried with a few clan mates to find civilians and protect them,  it worked a while,  one Warmonger tried hard and lost 8 OTS in the process.

Nothing like open world rage when an AR only user rapes a sniper and they call you a noob.  

Exactly there are so many that honestly have no AR's in their GI and it is just full of snipers. I am glad someone else has the same opinion I have about snipers. They are over used and nobody even tries to AR pvp anymore because of snipers. Plus as you stated the cancer (snipers) are ruining many chances for new players to really learn this game. If it was mostly AR pvp on this game the bambis would at least have a chance to fight back and not be one shotted and get confused/mad. If I were otsed by someone and I was a bambi I would be pretty damn pissed because I have no idea how the game really works and I would have almost 0 chance to get loot. Tis a sad sight to see xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrSloth said:

Exactly there are so many that honestly have no AR's in their GI and it is just full of snipers. I am glad someone else has the same opinion I have about snipers. They are over used and nobody even tries to AR pvp anymore because of snipers. Plus as you stated the cancer (snipers) are ruining many chances for new players to really learn this game. If it was mostly AR pvp on this game the bambis would at least have a chance to fight back and not be one shotted and get confused/mad. If I were otsed by someone and I was a bambi I would be pretty damn pissed because I have no idea how the game really works and I would have almost 0 chance to get loot. Tis a sad sight to see xD

It will come down to how much  they are willing to get out of the comfort zone and address what appeals to new gamers.  A balanced game goes very far.

 

Last stat 1600 online, 700 lost in less than a week.  This is the 2 minute drill, they are Tom Brady and have to take their team down field for a touchdown and win the Superbowl or lose

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2018 at 11:51 AM, jewdiciousorange said:

It will come down to how much  they are willing to get out of the comfort zone and address what appeals to new gamers.  A balanced game goes very far.

 

Last stat 1600 online, 700 lost in less than a week.  This is the 2 minute drill, they are Tom Brady and have to take their team down field for a touchdown and win the Superbowl or lose

So far it seems like they might lose :(

pretty cool way to explain it xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing this game for 3 weeks now, and all i can say is that i completely agree on that sniper part of this thread, it's not fun at all to go on public/pvp servers cus you get sniped down instantly. There's no way in a million years it should be like this in a survival game, a clan with 7 people waiting on a bridge inside a city with each person fielding a sniper. It takes away alot of the enjoyment you used to feel with old warz.

Not saying the loot tables were on point in warz either, it used to be very boring to loot since you barely could find anything, then all of a sudden the devs decided to buff the living shit out of the loot and everyone were running around with a sniper in warz too, and the same problem happened there too. You should feel some form of "fear" when you bring out good gears, not "w/e, i have so many blabla anyway".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with all of you.
There are many factors that make many people stop playing, and new players continue the game.
As a beginner will want to play a game where he logs in a city and there is a giant clan, with innumerable snipers, he will be shot and how much happens will be ostilizado, there are many players, mainly Brazilians, who insult at all times, It's hard to keep up with a game like that.
Another example is a beginner to come across a pro player, who uses macro, the possibility of a beginner kills him is almost 0, the disadvantage of some players for others is gigantic, this has to be reviewed urgently, or the game is just rage to decay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this