Sign in to follow this  
vitorferreira123

Lag and low fps

30 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm having this problem a long time ago and it seems that will never end with this problem, I can't understand why i play with 40/50 fps in potato or much lower in medium/high/ultra.

Here is my computer specs(i'm creating this post at my work):

ryzen 5 1600 3.6 ghz, 8gb ddr4 2666mhz, 240gb ssd Kingston, 1 TB hard drive, GTX 1070.

I really don't understand what is the problem with this game, Chupacabra said to me to wait for this christmas patch but this patch just slowed my fps more and mostly of my friends has intel computers with graphics cards that performs worst than mine,like 1050ti, rx480, r7 280x and they play with much higher fps, like 100 or even more and I'm the only one that plays this game like shit.

the hotfix of today i can't inform you because i'm not at home,but the two last ones didn't make any changes, dropped a few fps and the same problem.

My friends that has intel processors reported that they have gain 20/30 fps more and i'm stuck.

18 minutes ago, vitorferreira123 said:

the hotfix of today i can't inform you because i'm not at home,but the two last ones didn't make any changes, dropped a few fps and the same problem.

My friends that has intel processors reported that they have gain 20/30 fps more and i'm stuck.

Try after patch today :)

I already made a ticket and i just started this post to see if anyone else that has amd or has similar specs have the same issue or people that have this issue could ask or some dev answer me with some solution.

I've tried many things to solve this problem but it does not desappear and its getting worse.

I like the game very much, and i just wanted to play with high graphics settings and high fps with no freezes or stuttering at all.

Edited by vitorferreira123

17 minutes ago, vitorferreira123 said:

Nothing changed,still the same.

Okay

Have you tried updating your Nvidia drivers?

Have you Checked to see if your monitor is connected to the GPU or the motherboard? Have you tried to monitor your temps? have you ran some malware scans? have you tried to down grade your GPU drivers?

Have you Checked to see if your monitor is connected to the GPU or the motherboard? Have you tried to monitor your temps? have you ran some malware scans? have you tried to down grade your GPU drivers?

My monitor is connected to the gpu and not the motherboard,if was in the motherborad wouldn't even do video;

All my temps are fine,my graphics card doesn't pass 50 °C and my processor the same,all my temps are fine;

I did a fresh windows install some days ago and i only download some programs and games,nothing else,i don't believe that is a malware problem because i play every game just fine,but infestation not.

i didn't tried to downgrade my gpu drivers, but since i have this graphics card by 5 months, i think that this is not the problem.

Until u figure this out permanently, try some things to check if u have better fps:

- each time u open the game,  open Task Manager > Details > NewZ right click > Set Priority > High

- Turn Off Game DVR in Windows Xbox Settings

- play the game in full screen and set Fast Load on

- turn off In Game Overlay ( Shadow Play ) in Geforce Experience

- open NVidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > Add The Infestation New Z exe file

- u could try changing the resolution, although i dont suggest it cause your mouse will not correspond to the screen buttons

- play with the v- sync option and check if on or off is better perfomance

These things gave my potato pc a little fps boost (around 50 i play) but i still have lags, freezes and fps drops, especially if i pvp in very close range or fast turning and aiming instantly.

Although these problems make sence in my case and my crappy pc, cause NewZ is processor based game, i can still play Battlefield and GTA in medium graphics witn no problem at all.

Note that with your pc specs u should be playing with twice that fps u have now, so all the things above are half measures untill u short this out with the ticket.

Hope this helps.

Also if anyone has any other suggestions for fps boost for potato pcs, feel free to share.

Cheers

Just to update you guys regarding this issue: 

We are working hard on improving the fps but also the server lags. We are working closely with our server providers to fix those issues asap. Regarding the FPS issues, we plan to bring some good optimization for the next patch/hotfix. Stay tuned!

Regards, 

• Thanks 1

I don't have any issues with Frames unless it is a excessively packed trading lounge, but i normally get well over 100FPS with worst case dips to 90's.

The major setting on there is SSAO, that can tank frames but if off should be fine.  The game seems poorly optimized for AMD hardware in general

12 hours ago, jewdiciousorange said:

I don't have any issues with Frames unless it is a excessively packed trading lounge, but i normally get well over 100FPS with worst case dips to 90's.

The major setting on there is SSAO, that can tank frames but if off should be fine.  The game seems poorly optimized for AMD hardware in general

What settings are you playing with?

Also, like Kaz already mentioned earlier: We are working hard on a hotfix with FPS improvements.

Best Regards,

Sven

Until u figure this out permanently, try some things to check if u have better fps:

- each time u open the game,  open Task Manager > Details > NewZ right click > Set Priority > High

- Turn Off Game DVR in Windows Xbox Settings

- play the game in full screen and set Fast Load on

- turn off In Game Overlay ( Shadow Play ) in Geforce Experience

- open NVidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > Add The Infestation New Z exe file

- u could try changing the resolution, although i dont suggest it cause your mouse will not correspond to the screen buttons

- play with the v- sync option and check if on or off is better perfomance

These things gave my potato pc a little fps boost (around 50 i play) but i still have lags, freezes and fps drops, especially if i pvp in very close range or fast turning and aiming instantly.

Although these problems make sence in my case and my crappy pc, cause NewZ is processor based game, i can still play Battlefield and GTA in medium graphics witn no problem at all.

Note that with your pc specs u should be playing with twice that fps u have now, so all the things above are half measures untill u short this out with the ticket.

Hope this helps.

Also if anyone has any other suggestions for fps boost for potato pcs, feel free to share.

Cheers

All of those steps that u mentioned above I've done when chupacabra answered me on the first ticket that i made;

Also, like Kaz already mentioned earlier: We are working hard on a hotfix with FPS improvements.

Best Regards,

Sven

About this,i play in 1920 x 1080p resolution in POTATO settings, V-Sync OFF, antialising off and ssao OFF, Fast load OFF and the option of disable item Pyshx don't seems that has any affect on my fps because with turned on or off it stays the same low fps, cities with too many people makes the fps drop a lot and freezes much too.

I saw a streamer with the same settings playing infestation,he has a ryzen 5 1600x that only has the clock base and boost faster than mine but mine is overclocked at 3.6 on all cores and he has 16gb of ram, I only have 8 but it seems that this don't have so many impact. He was playing with Fast load ON and he's fps was like 40/50/60 all the time in caliwood with some textures and terrain in high(with fast load ON i've noticed that has an up of 20 fps) It means that with the Fast load OFF he should have 20/30 fps at all times,

As  jewdiciousorange "The game seems poorly optimized for AMD hardware in general" I'm not a developer or something like that,but this sentence makes so much sense to me as i ask to my friends with intel computers and has higher fps, above 100+.
Edited by vitorferreira123

7 hours ago, Svena69 said:

Best Regards,

Sven

I am running

Game: 

1920x1080 Windowed
SSAO off
AA off (in game)
Textures - High

lighting - off

shadows - lowest

Meshing - high

post process - lowest

Reshade.me

Luminasharpen

Vibrance

No noticeable results: 

Local.ini

splitrendering - supposed to use a seperate instruction for rendering grass and terrain to reduce overhead,  cannot confirm this to work or not.

AA - 16x set but no confirmation if it actually works

renderdistance - seems to do absolutely nothing

My opinion on this is that it doesn't work like .ini is disabled.  I have successefully tweaked Battlefield and Elderscroll INI files with noticeable improvements,  NewZ seems to not read the .ini,  AA 16 should be noticeable but isn't, edges are very low detail render.  SSAO helps but craters frame rates.

Specs:

i7 4790K (no overclock)
G.Skill Snipers 16GB 1866 (8-8-8-20/21-2T)

ASRock Z97M ITX

GTX 980ti

7 hours ago, vitorferreira123 said:

All of those steps that u mentioned above I've done when chupacabra answered me on the first ticket that i made;

About this,i play in 1920 x 1080p resolution in POTATO settings, V-Sync OFF, antialising off and ssao OFF, Fast load OFF and the option of disable item Pyshx don't seems that has any affect on my fps because with turned on or off it stays the same low fps, cities with too many people makes the fps drop a lot and freezes much too.

I saw a streamer with the same settings playing infestation,he has a ryzen 5 1600x that only has the clock base and boost faster than mine but mine is overclocked at 3.6 on all cores and he has 16gb of ram, I only have 8 but it seems that this don't have so many impact. He was playing with Fast load ON and he's fps was like 40/50/60 all the time in caliwood with some textures and terrain in high(with fast load ON i've noticed that has an up of 20 fps) It means that with the Fast load OFF he should have 20/30 fps at all times,

As  jewdiciousorange "The game seems poorly optimized for AMD hardware in general" I'm not a developer or something like that,but this sentence makes so much sense to me as i ask to my friends with intel computers and has higher fps, above 100+.

That is nto a criticism to the DEVS, AMD hardware has been largely overlooked because 2007 to 2016 AMD did not compete at high end and coders kind of saw that and failed to give the time to code with AMD in mind.  Ryzen has changed that, AMD have produced a very good uARCH but changes to the ecosystem takes time,  some games are very sensitive to AMD's new uARCH and the result is teething performance.   I suspect NewZ is very sensitive to Ryzen and what you are having is not a AMD issue but simply the DX9 code is not a favourable environment for AMD hardware.

We did a hotfix earlier today, could you check out your performance after that?

Also, expect another small performance hotfix somewhere upcoming week!

Best Regards,

Sven

• Thanks 1

On 12/01/2018 at 10:08 PM, Svena69 said:

We did a hotfix earlier today, could you check out your performance after that?

Also, expect another small performance hotfix somewhere upcoming week!

Best Regards,

Sven

Same thing,nothing change it at my point of view, i played a lot this weekend and the game still the same thing.

By the way when the white grass will go back to normal? Already passed the christmas but i think it's still winter in EU and NA.

10 hours ago, vitorferreira123 said:

Same thing,nothing change it at my point of view, i played a lot this weekend and the game still the same thing.

By the way when the white grass will go back to normal? Already passed the christmas but i think it's still winter in EU and NA.

We just patched that. Overall feedback is that majority of the players has way more FPS now and better performance overall.

Could you test and let us know?

Best Regards,

Sven

I played yesterday at night and my fps may increase 5 ou 10 fps,i don't know the real increase,but now is freezing more to load players or the map itself with fast load off,

I think the only solution is just wait for the next upcoming patches and see if it solve my problem